PDA

View Full Version : Game channel in Kona?

zagbeliever
01-31-2018, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know what channel (if at all )the game will be on Kona? Not finding it. 😞

adoptedzag
01-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know what channel (if at all )the game will be on Kona? Not finding it. ��

It says ESPN3 on the NCAAM side of the site. So, it should be on nationally. If not, check out the https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/ subreddit to find a stream.

zagbeliever
02-01-2018, 02:11 AM
Thank you. We will give it try. I didn’t know ESPN 3 would broadcast Root sports but it will be great if they do. Ran into another ZAG here at an open air market who told us of a tavern that might play it too so we have that option I miss our old fishing hole. ��
the W tv randomly block areas so don’t know if that will
Work until too late

adoptedzag
02-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Thank you. We will give it try. I didn’t know ESPN 3 would broadcast Root sports but it will be great if they do. Ran into another ZAG here at an open air market who told us of a tavern that might play it too so we have that option I miss our old fishing hole. ��
the W tv randomly block areas so don’t know if that will
Work until too late

Also, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper jealous of your current location :)

zagbeliever
02-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Also, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper jealous of your current location :)

Lol. Yeah, not one thing to complain about :) ( unless we can’t tune in the game)

Sound Voltex
02-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Hello, fellow 808er! (or if you're visiting the islands, welcome!)

If you have access to Spectrum (formerly known as Oceanic Time Warner Cable), they will broadcast it on 23 (Cable SD) 218/400 (Digital SD) or 1218/1400 (Digital HD) at 4pm Hawaii Time.

Usually one of the Spectrum SportsNet TV channels broadcasts a game if it has a California team playing (LMU/USD/SCU/PU/SMC). Not always the case, but likelihood is dependent on if their at home vs. on the road and/or if they're playing the top-tier WCC vs bottom half. I usually tell from the schedule on the Portland website when it says "TV | SPEC SN" or something like that. Doesn't look like the Zags site has any mentions of that, so I'd check the opponents website schedule also.

zagbeliever
02-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Thank you SO much!!!! We come every year and have always been able to either watch or stream This house has a kind of minimal set up but does have that channel. Happy happy! Love your island. Maholo. Go ZAGS!

zaguarxj
02-01-2018, 03:14 PM
I see it shows up in the guide for "Watch ESPN." Do they ever black-out games on ESPN? Seems like I've had trouble streaming games that are carried on Root in the past but I don't remember if it was ESPN3 games or something else.

lawprof99
02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
In waikoloa down by Hilton Sports Bar tropic up road to shores condos . Verified they have it

zagbeliever
02-01-2018, 11:40 PM
I see it shows up in the guide for "Watch ESPN." Do they ever black-out games on ESPN? Seems like I've had trouble streaming games that are carried on Root in the past but I don't remember if it was ESPN3 games or something else.

They did black out espn3 here in Kona but thankfully the other channel came through. Good game.

TexasZagFan
02-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Lol. Yeah, not one thing to complain about :) ( unless we can’t tune in the game)

And to think I lived without TV for four years while stationed in Germany...of course, the Zags weren't the juggernaut they are today, and ESPN hadn't been invented yet.

New Years Eve was a marathon. Germans didn't have any bowl games to watch, so the parties didn't end until after daybreak, usually around 9AM.

zagbeliever
02-02-2018, 12:04 AM
And to think I lived without TV for four years while stationed in Germany...of course, the Zags weren't the juggernaut they are today, and ESPN hadn't been invented yet.

New Years Eve was a marathon. Germans didn't have any bowl games to watch, so the parties didn't end until after daybreak, usually around 9AM.. That sounds fun! The streaming and such have changed the world. Not always for the better socially

TexasZagFan
02-02-2018, 12:28 AM
. That sounds fun! The streaming and such have changed the world. Not always for the better socially

At the risk of offending Kitz with another O/T post, NY Eve was brutal...I was dying at 4AM, thanks to the previous night, which included 12+ shots of Jägermeister and a couple of gallons of Holsten Pils.

Gonzaga trained me well for living in Germany. The locals weren't used to Americans that could hang with them. lol

zagbeliever
02-02-2018, 12:58 AM
At the risk of offending Kitz with another O/T post, NY Eve was brutal...I was dying at 4AM, thanks to the previous night, which included 12+ shots of Jägermeister and a couple of gallons of Holsten Pils.

Gonzaga trained me well for living in Germany. The locals weren't used to Americans that could hang with them. lolwhen we visited Germany we were baffled as everything (in Munich anyway) was so clean and well kept but all the workers we saw were always on breaks drinking beer. Lol. Seemed to enjoy life and everyone we met was nice to us ie helping the silly lost Americans find the right train

zagbeliever
02-12-2018, 06:48 PM
This is the reply from the WCC:

Hi Cheryl. Thank you so much for the feedback. I’m sorry the digital stream didn’t work for you in Kona; that should not have been the case. I’d love to speak to you further regarding your device, network settings, etc. so we can get that squared away for future telecasts.

Regarding blackouts more generally, games airing on one of our regional sports networks partners, such as ROOT, are blacked out digitally in the markets of the two competing teams. This is done to protect the interests of (and investment by) our television partners in producing West Coast Conference basketball telecasts.

Thanks again for your interest in watching West Coast Conference basketball!

Best,
Jeff

At least they answered. I told him the competing teams is not accurate as far as Reno goes because Reno only has Nevada which is not a competing team. I would just like an alternative to theW when we are traveling. We live in Spokane so we are either at the games or watching here but my bro-in-law is SOL in Reno.