PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day, the best day of the week. Gonzaga vs San Francisco

Reborn
01-27-2018, 06:41 AM
Good morning Zag fans everywhere. I'm up and sippin my coffee. I'm wondering how everyone is today, and hoping you are all doing really well. I'm also wondering what you think about the game tonight, and what you think of San Francisco Dons. San Francisco is a team I always get excited for because they usually give us a good game. I also like the city and have some good memories there. I've always liked northern Calif better than South Cal too.

I am also looking forward to see how the team plays tonight. I saw some really good things Thursday. I see the chemistry finally developing in a better way, and the cohesion is getting beginning to get tighter. I knew the coaches would make some changes and I saw some Thurs. I felt that, even though JW3 didn't score a lot of points, or take a lot of shots, he played a great game. He made some nice assists, and much safer passes. He seemed to exert his energy on the defensive end of the court. Killy finally came alive on offense with 23 points, and Tillie tied his season high with 27.

The more I watch these guys the more I like them. I'm beginning to understand them, both as individuals and as a team. They are coming along real nice. This is a team that is not going to peak until the tournaments at the end of the season, and I think that's a good thing.

Go Zags!!!

TexasZagFan
01-27-2018, 06:56 AM
Good morning, Reborn!

I'm looking for Killian tonight. I think the message has been understood...consistency of effort.

Lots of positivity in Corey's performance, too. You could tell his teammates were happy for him.

amaronizag
01-27-2018, 07:51 AM
The offense is really good when it's really good. But it isn't consistent. I hope the trend of high scoring continues. I hate to be negative, but our defensive efficiency is going the wrong way. I had hoped we would be allowing fewer points per possession, but we're slipping. Still several games left to tighten it up. I'm hoping to see Snacks go off tonight. He's always so disappointed when he gets taken out of the game, I want to see his light burning brighter. Tough balancing act with so many good players. Just have to play the hot hands on any given night. Also hoping Larsen has a standout night soon. Why not tonight?

Reborn
01-27-2018, 10:19 AM
I think that one of the incredible things about this team is that we never know who are going to be the players who score more than 20, but this team is capable of having 2 of the seven (including Kispert who is the 7th highest scorer for the year) able to do just that. It's one reason I like watching the games.

Go Zags!!!

Zagger
01-27-2018, 01:17 PM
Would love to see 7 Zags in double point figures tonight! There certainly are 7 who can do it ..... Williams, Melson, Snax, Kispert, Tillie, Josh and Rui. Heck, Larsen too for that matter with Jones a probable as well. Only Zag I'm surprised is not knocking on the door is Wade. I think the couple of years of not getting much competitive BB in has Jesse playing a bit of catch up. Time will tell.