PDA

View Full Version : Nice feature story on Zach Norvell, Jr

RenoZag
01-26-2018, 03:27 PM
From the GU Bulletin:

https://www.gonzagabulletin.com/sports/article_5b91e21e-016d-11e8-81cf-1fec0a51e93c.html

"In Chicago, you can get buried in just a second," Norvell Jr. explained as he snapped his fingers, emphasizing the mercurial nature of basketball stardom in his hometown. "You got the stories of the guys that made it out, went to college and the NBA. And you got the stories of the guys that were amazing, great top-tier talents but fell off and are now in the streets doing something they have no business doing."

If basketball was a broadly-labeled safe haven for Norvell Jr. in Chicago, Simeon was a defined sanctuary, instilling toughness and a competitive nature that is traditionally required of those with dreams of a future in the NBA a goal of Norvell Jr.'s, according to his father.

jazzdelmar
01-26-2018, 03:47 PM
The real world.

bballbeachbum
01-26-2018, 05:06 PM
The real world.

big time
really enjoyed that Reno, thank you

katman50
01-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Zach can be a very special one. Love his demeanor and confidence. An inner city boy, made good. He is going to be great. Can feel it!

Zag Man
01-26-2018, 05:43 PM
I have been so impressed with Zach as a player and as a student-athlete. He is an articulate young man who does interviews with the media extremely well. He obviously has been well schooled in manners and behavior by his family. As a player, his ability to make his teammates better and getting extra possessions with rebounding and getting a hand on the basketball has just been fun to watch. I originally thought he was just a shooter, but his whole game is being shown now and he is a future all-American in my opinion.

MDABE80
01-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Special kid. Glad we have him. Thanks Renomeister!

sittingon50
01-26-2018, 10:19 PM
Thanks Reno.

MontanaCoyote
01-27-2018, 08:16 AM
I have been so impressed with Zach as a player and as a student-athlete. He is an articulate young man who does interviews with the media extremely well. He obviously has been well schooled in manners and behavior by his family. As a player, his ability to make his teammates better and getting extra possessions with rebounding and getting a hand on the basketball has just been fun to watch. I originally thought he was just a shooter, but his whole game is being shown now and he is a future all-American in my opinion.

This!

JPtheBeasta
01-27-2018, 08:54 AM
Thanks for sharing. I saw this article earlier this morning and was going to do the same. I liked this bit:

It's there, performing under the spotlight, where the confidence that Norvell Jr. exudes on the court was fostered.

"He's never been scared about nothing," Norvell Sr. said. "Especially basketball."

"At a young age in Chicago, you go to parks and you play and you gotta have a swagger about yourself," Norvell Jr. explained.

I have no problems with him at all taking the last shot or crunch-time free throws in a game. I don't think the moment would be too big for him.

He's one of my favorite Zags right now and I think he has the physical and mental tools to be one of the all-time Zags.