PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-UP

Section 116
01-25-2018, 09:31 PM
Hudson and Morrison: GU wins 95-79. Another road win in WCC play, 20 in a row! A three from Josh Perkins to start, Mc Swiggen answers and then Zags on a 9-0 run, 16 point lead at the half and up by as much as 26, win by 16 in a game that was not that close as UP scored 9 to close. 27 for Tillie ties career high, Kispert career high with with 23 and 10 rebounds for first double double. Zags 55% from the floor but only 58% from the line @ 14-24. GU moves to 18-4 and 8-1 WCC. Big night for Kispert, Morrison noted Kispert just needed to some good things, he played some good defense, hit some shots and as AMMO said Kispert is back from the dead. Tillie along with 27 had 7 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks. 16 for Kispert in the second half. Morrison said the way Kispert drove to the basket was good because he needed to add that to his game and he showed it tonight. Kispert's only downside tonight was 3-10 from three.

Michaelson: We did a really nice job most of the way tonight except toward the end of the second half which was unfortunate because we were trying to do some things at the end of the half and the guys didn't play very well. We saw some box and one tonight which we thought we might. Tillie probably would have had 30 exceot for the missed free throws. If teams are going to throw crazy defenses at us we have some guys who can do some things. We saw the Corey we saw in Ocotober, Nov. All freshman go through some slumps but he had some tough luck. Corey has an incredible downhill game and it was good to see him get to the rim tonight. Melson guards their best player for 30 minutes tonight and did what he always does. He was just incredible tonight. USF present some challenges, they just match up with us pretty well and for whatever reason they always seem to play pretty well at the MAC.

Hudson and Morrison. Kispert was shut out last week, only one rebound in the scorebook. To see him come out with a little bounce in his step and a smile on his face. When the first three went down you could just kind of see it coming. Silas just gets it done. Silas does things that show up in film, it doesn't always show up in the boxscore, a hand in the face, a boxout. And he had 14 points, 6 assists. The staff was a little unsure of what they could get from Norvell and had 9 point in 18 minutes. It just wasn't his night to score, they didn't need him with Tille and Kispert going off. That's the thing with this team, you just don't know who's going to score. If I'm a WCC coach I'm saying give Rui 4 feet and make him knock down the three. Ammo said I don't think there is a guy in the WCC who can guard him. Hats off to Porter for trying something different on Rui. If you can make him miss a few threes maybe you can knock him off his game a bit, but they really didn't need him to score tonight and other guys picked up the slack. That's it for tonight.

Murphy outgo lifer
01-25-2018, 11:26 PM
Really appreciate you posting this every game, thank you.

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-26-2018, 02:13 AM
Thanks Section! I always look forward to your postgame radio summaries. Much appreciated.

Zagcity
01-26-2018, 06:03 AM
Always look forward to reading your post after the game, much appreciated :)

Section 116
01-26-2018, 06:32 AM
Per Jim Meehan's Spokesman-Review reporting in today's edition, I stand corrected on Portland's box and one defense. The defense was used on Josh Perkins, not Rui Hachimura. My comments in the original post, "hats off to Porter for trying something different on Rui" was actually a reference to the box and one defense used on Perkins, not on Rui. Apparently my brain did move as fast as my fingers. I apologize for the misinformation.

rennis
01-26-2018, 06:40 AM
But I thought crazy box-and-one defenses were designed to stop really good players. Like Steph Curry?

:p

Zagger
01-26-2018, 07:28 AM
Per Jim Meehan's Spokesman-Review reporting in today's edition, I stand corrected on Portland's box and one defense. The defense was used on Josh Perkins, not Rui Hachimura. My comments in the original post, "hats off to Porter for trying something different on Rui" was actually a reference to the box and one defense used on Perkins, not on Rui. Apparently my brain did move as fast as my fingers. I apologize for the misinformation.
Got me thinking ... what if I use voice recognition in my iPhone notes when they’re on the radio??? Might get some weird results though. Maybe use as a supplement or just record sound.
Anywho - always read your post game posts - thanks bunches :)

Zagceo
01-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Got me thinking ... what if I use voice recognition in my iPhone notes when they’re on the radio??? Might get some weird results though. Maybe use as a supplement or just record sound.
Anywho - always read your post game posts - thanks bunches :)

1 correction and its time to replace ya with AI....just kidding ...kind of

Vanzagger
01-26-2018, 08:02 AM
Thanks