PDA

View Full Version : other games 1/25/18

seacatfan
01-25-2018, 05:23 PM
I see somebody started a thread specifically for SMC-BYU.

Penn St. is jumping all over Ohio St. at the start of the game, up 20-8. Buckeyes are still undefeated in Big 10, as is Purdue, who is getting all they can handle from Michigan.

Can Wichita St. bounce back from a couple of surprising recent losses? Playing Central Florida.

U Zig, I Zag
01-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Mich Purdue is good. Some back and forth. Lots of pull-up 3’s but guys are hitting them.

seacatfan
01-25-2018, 05:43 PM
Ohio St. narrowing the gap approaching halftime.

Arizona off to another terrible start against Colorado. 2 points in the first 5 minutes. Glad I stopped watching this team earlier in the year. They seem to have two modes. Either get off to a terrible start and then try to crawl back into the game, or get off to a good start, build a double digit lead, and then give it all up. Either way most of their games come down to the wire, regardless of how much of a talent gap they have over their opponent. I think this season is gonna age Coach Miller at least a decade.

seacatfan
01-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Apparently Rawle Alkins is out. Again. Twice he's missed games since he returned from injury that caused him to miss the first month or so of the season.

adoptedzag
01-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Ohio St. narrowing the gap approaching halftime.

Arizona off to another terrible start against Colorado. 2 points in the first 5 minutes. Glad I stopped watching this team earlier in the year. They seem to have two modes. Either get off to a terrible start and then try to crawl back into the game, or get off to a good start, build a double digit lead, and then give it all up. Either way most of their games come down to the wire, regardless of how much of a talent gap they have over their opponent. I think this season is gonna age Coach Miller at least a decade.

PSU/OSU in a bananas ending. OSU drains one from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down town to tie it up with 5 seconds left, only to have PSU throw one up from half court and the bank was open at the buzzer. Game. Over. PSU wins.

seacatfan
01-25-2018, 07:49 PM
PSU/OSU in a bananas ending. OSU drains one from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down town to tie it up with 5 seconds left, only to have PSU throw one up from half court and the bank was open at the buzzer. Game. Over. PSU wins.

Dang, I didn't see that. Sounds like an exciting finish. Kinda like Nova/UNC Championship Game from '16.

seacatfan
01-25-2018, 07:50 PM
Apparently Arizona finally figured out the Colorado zone, put up 50 second half points and won 80-71. Ayton has not been as dominant the last several games.

seacatfan
01-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Boise St. is rolling San Jose St. approaching halftime. Game is on ROOT. Should be able to see most of the 2nd half after the Zags game wraps up.

Sound Voltex
01-25-2018, 10:17 PM
The rest of the WCC:

Pepperdine 71, Loyola Marymount 70
San Francisco 69, Pacific 67
San Diego 66, Santa Clara 58
#16 Saint Mary's 75, BYU 62

Pepperdine finally gets first conference win by draining a game winning 3 at the end after intentionally missing a FT.

23dpg
01-25-2018, 10:21 PM
San Diego’s is now 14-7. It wouldbe nice if they could play in a post season tourney. Even if it’s that pay to play one. CBB? CBT? Can’t remember the names.

sittingon50
01-25-2018, 10:59 PM
No. Dakota 71
Eastern 95

CDC84
01-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Ohio State was due for a loss, although losing at home to PSU wasn't in the plans. They still have the easiest schedule of any Big Ten title contender, but the problem is that they have to play AT Purdue.

CDC84
01-26-2018, 12:09 AM
I just saw the way Ohio State lost. As usual, the PSU player was hardly given any ball pressure, was never forced to change direction and was hardly guarded when he put up the shot. Kids practice these circus shots like free throws now. You have to defend them with the intensity of an opposing player taking a 8 foot jumper. I don't know if guys are just too scared to foul or what, but again, the PSU player was basically told by OSU's defense: "Score on us, we bet you cannot make a shot from that distance." See Delly's circus shot at BYU. See the easy half court shot in the 2016 tournament when UNI beat Texas. Just no ball pressure, no arms up, nothing. You cannot defend these shots as if it were 1967 anymore.