PDA

View Full Version : other games 1/23

seacatfan
01-23-2018, 08:08 PM
A handful of games involving top 25. It seems like almost every team that gets in the top 10 or top 5 loses a game or two, drops in the poll, then turns around and beats somebody ranked above them. Nova just has 1 loss still. Virginia is flying under the radar. They also have only 1 loss, are undefeated so far in the ACC, and just beat the crap out Clemson 61-36. Not sure how good Clemson is, but they are ranked #18. The Cavs have ascended to #2 in the poll but it doesn't seem like anybody is talking about them. His teams don't tend to do real well in the Tourney, but I'm still really impressed w/ Tony Bennett's coaching.

Other scores:

#12 Oklahoma 85
#5 Kansas 80

#1 Villanova 89
Providence 69

#14 Texas Tech 75
Oklahoma St. 70

#22 Tennessee 67
Vanderbilt 62

#4 Duke 84
Wake Forest 70

edited--I didn't look through scores of unranked teams to find games involving Gonzaga opponents from OOC

WallaWallaZag
01-23-2018, 08:13 PM
trae young was really impressive in the win over kansas...showed he could adapt his game anytime and displayed incredible efficiency, contrary to his critics.

sittingon50
01-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Creighton 68
St. John's 63

Zagceo
01-23-2018, 09:05 PM
trae young was really impressive in the win over kansas...showed he could adapt his game anytime and displayed incredible efficiency, contrary to his critics.

his quickness was smooth with nice hesitation moves....

loved the play toward the end where Trae drove right and his teammate faked a screen and just slipped out and Trae hit him for the wide open 3 that sealed the game..

would love to to see that play with Perkins and Norvell

CDC84
01-23-2018, 09:51 PM
I swear, playing Tony Bennett is like sitting in a dentist's chair. At some point he's going to hold a team to under 13 points in a game.

Rick Barnes can still coach. I just think he got a bit stale at Texas. Needed to get a fresh breath of air back east.

Do people really think Villanova would be steamrolling teams like this if they played in the Big 12?? I'm mean they are great and all, but there are just so many teams in their league like Providence. Not great, not good, not bad. A 14-7 team is not going to damage your SoS and cause you to lose respect, but there just isn't anyone in that league that can do much to them unless they play at Butler, Creighton, etc. And then of course they are notorious for pulling out the occasional 4 point win against DePaul at home for some odd reason.