PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-SCU

Section 116
01-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Hudson and Morrison: Bulldogs 75-60, 17th straight over SCU. Bulldogs lead for 38 minutes. Ahead by 7 at the break and then steadily built the lead, shot 60% in the second half. Good halftime adjustment by the coaching staff helped the Zags build the lead and move to 17-4 on the season and 7-1 WCC. Perk 17 points, Norvell 14 of 16 points in the second half, Tillie with 16 and Rui with 16. Feagin leads all scorers with 21 with help from Caruso with 11. GU shoots 51% from the floor, SCU @ 41%. Close game early, much closer than the game in Spokane. A lot more fight from SCU tonight and GU probably didn't feel really secure until about the 4 minute mark. SCU played a lot of zone in Spokane and stayed away from that tonight. The seven point lead at the half with Feagan playing the way he was, it was still a little nervous time for the Zags. Zags came out firing in the second half though with Norvell really coming through. Norvell played 38 minutes with 16, 7 and 7. Zags hit 8 of their first 10 shots in the second half. Zags win rebounding 37-26. J3 nine points on only 4 shots but he was 5-6 from the line. Zags 18 assists on 29 baskets.

Donnie Daniels: You couldn't take the first time that we beat them and compare it to the second. I always say that. Ndumanya sets mansized screens, he's a big kid. With 2 minutes left in the second half we were still shooting 72% for the half. We attacked the glass at both ends tonight. Snax had a good game tonight. Shot really well, and this is part of his continuing education. He has great ability to put points up, from three, from two and from the line. He did a lot of switching tonight and those are hard guards, especially for a freshman. Perkins had a nice game, managed it well, had 2 TO's. He did a great job for us, 17, 4 and 4. We got a lot of hard stuff in front of us. We haven't seen BYU yet, or San Diego, but we'll worry about Portland first.

Hudson and Morrison again: Perkins 13 of 17 in the first half. Rui 6-16 from the field. GU getting solid performances 15 out of 20 from the backcourt, Perkins, Melson and Novell. Morrsion said one thing we want to see is a little more from Kispert. I don't want to come down to hard on a freshman but I know he has lost a little bit of confidence after that sprained ankle and we really need him down the stretch. He has lot of talent and we saw it before the ankle. He just needs to get it going a little bit again!

Zags11
01-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Awesome! Thanks again 116!

Murphy outgo lifer
01-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Morrsion said one thing we want to see is a little more from Kispert. I don't want to come down to hard on a freshman but I know he has lost a little bit of confidence after that sprained ankle and we really need him down the stretch. He has lot of talent and we saw it before the ankle. He just needs to get it going a little bit again!

He has completely disappeared. He does not look at all like the same player from the beginning of the year. He was athletic, physical, and explosive with a great shot and ability to drive the hoop and he was also very active on the offensive glass. Now he just looks slow, in every facet of the game. He is struggling with his shot and has had very little positive impact on games since his ankle injury.

I know he is just a freshman but I have never seen a player have such a negative transformation in such a short period. I would love to see him get it figured out because he is a difference maker when he has it clicking.

Zagger
01-21-2018, 05:17 AM
He has completely disappeared. He does not look at all like the same player from the beginning of the year. He was athletic, physical, and explosive with a great shot and ability to drive the hoop and he was also very active on the offensive glass. Now he just looks slow, in every facet of the game. He is struggling with his shot and has had very little positive impact on games since his ankle injury.

I know he is just a freshman but I have never seen a player have such a negative transformation in such a short period. I would love to see him get it figured out because he is a difference maker when he has it clicking.

I feel Kispert will come around - this month too. We might just see 7 Zags in double figures in a WCC game yet. We know what Kispert can do. As he heals up - watch out! Kispert could be a deciding factor in a SMC rematch on 2/10.