PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day, the best day of the week. Gu vs Santa Clara

Reborn
01-20-2018, 06:52 AM
My very first thought this morning when I entered consciousness was, It's Gameday. And I smiled as the words and it's the best day of the week kind of dribbled into consciousness. And then I laughed. Before going to bed I was still feeling a little moody and I was thinking about this thread and was thinking that I didn't want to write it. I didn't want to say it's the best day of the week. And here I am today waking up, entering consciousness, and my first thought is, "It's gameday." Something inside me produced those thoughts before I could even make a decision to say the words. hahahahah I guess I really am a Zag. hahahah Never giving up. Sometimes I get upset, even angry. Sometimes I am moody. But by Gameday I am ready to rumble. That's the greatness of athletics. There's always another game, until the last game of the season is played. Conference play isn't even half over yet; so the battle to win the conference is still a great possibility. I'm excited to see how the team plays tonight.

Go Zags!!!

TexasZagFan
01-20-2018, 07:28 AM
Now I can start my day...thanks, Reborn!

I was surprised that 7 YO Big D handled the loss better than I expected: no tears. It was a late night for him, and he had school the next day. I think it's maturation from all the sports he's played over the past few years: hoops, football, t-ball, soccer. A loss on the field of battle used to bring out tears, he hates to lose. He's been on some pretty good teams, such as his flag football team that's been undefeated for 3 seasons. He still hates to lose, but it's no longer the end of the world.

We're now in the dog days of WCC play, where "big games" are few and far between. Let's keep chopping wood, and get back on track.

ETA: there is no bigger Zag fan in North Texas than Big D. Like a sponge, he absorbs the info doled out by his uncles (and his Opa...lol). He knows who's on the court every second of the game. His eyes now brighten just a bit more when he sees Rui enter the fray. I think his favorite player remains Killian, but there's about 5-6 right there with him. I expect at least a biennial visit to Spokane to allow him to meet the players...as if I need an excuse to recharge my batteries with a trip to GU.

Reborn
01-20-2018, 09:45 AM
There's nothing quite like watching Gonzaga games with your kids. I still watch 'em with my two sons, and they're now 45 and 44. And an ever bigger thrill walking with them through the campus of GU, and showing them your dorms, ect....And of course when you go to the games there it's just Heaven on Earth.

Skimhvn
01-20-2018, 10:51 AM
I can never imagine people who have grandchildren watching college basketball game with their family and passions in Japan.

TexasZagFan
01-20-2018, 11:18 AM
I can never imagine people who have grandchildren watching college basketball game with their family and passions in Japan.

One of the best weeks of my life occurred about 13 months ago, when the Zags played in Nashville. It was my first road trip with “my boys”: two sons (28 & 14) and 6 YO grandson. Four days in Nashville, a glorious time.

My grandson, as most readers have heard ad nauseum, participated in the “slam dunk” competition at halftime.

The final stop on the way home was Sun Studio in Memphis, where Elvis, Johnny Cash, and others recorded their first records.

What a trip!!!

Skimhvn
01-20-2018, 04:53 PM
One of the best weeks of my life occurred about 13 months ago, when the Zags played in Nashville. It was my first road trip with “my boys”: two sons (28 & 14) and 6 YO grandson. Four days in Nashville, a glorious time.

My grandson, as most readers have heard ad nauseum, participated in the “slam dunk” competition at halftime.

The final stop on the way home was Sun Studio in Memphis, where Elvis, Johnny Cash, and others recorded their first records.

What a trip!!!
Family trip for basketball? Unbelievable.

TexasZagFan
01-20-2018, 06:37 PM
Family trip for basketball? Unbelievable.

We try to attend every Zag game within a day’s drive of Dallas. We’ll be there in Omaha next year against Creighton.

Hoopaholic
01-20-2018, 06:56 PM

Took my 1 year old grandson to pk80 and he was all smiles clapping and high fives

TexasZagFan
01-20-2018, 07:13 PM
Took my 1 year old grandson to pk80 and he was all smiles clapping and high fives

First commit of the recruiting class of 2035!