PDA

View Full Version : Tillie on the front of ESPN Men's CBB Homepage

irishzag_09
01-18-2018, 11:23 AM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/

...no article yet, it only leads to Joe Lunardi's Bracketology page, but hey, Zags like the press.

LongIslandZagFan
01-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Promoting the prime-time game tonight and links to bracketology where Zags are 6 seed.

TexasZagFan
01-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Promoting the prime-time game tonight and links to bracketology where Zags are 6 seed.

Was Killian's motor running? :lmao:

Gonzdb8
01-18-2018, 01:20 PM
6 seems a couple spots too low given our kenpom, sagarin, bpi and AP ranking. not to say we couldn't come in as a 6 if we stumble along the way, but if this is a snapshot of where we are today i feel its a little bit of a snub.

irishzag_09
01-18-2018, 01:21 PM

Right?...and yet we're up to #6 per KenPom and #8 per Sagarin...RPI is the only part of the equation dumb prognosticators are still using to draw an S-Curve and seed a bracket...honestly, I feel most of these analysts would let the RPI die if the NCAA Selection Committee would throw it out the window as a metric...but they won't because the Power 5 conference committee members won't ever let it go...it helps boost their chances to take the last few bubble spots that should IMO almost always be given to more middle of the pack conference teams that overachieve instead of some 20-12 Power 5 school that underachieved...

TexasZagFan
01-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Right?...and yet we're up to #6 per KenPom and #8 per Sagarin...RPI is the only part of the equation dumb prognosticators are still using to draw an S-Curve and seed a bracket...honestly, I feel most of these analysts would let the RPI die if the NCAA Selection Committee would throw it out the window as a metric...but they won't because the Power 5 conference committee members won't ever let it go...it helps boost their chances to take the last few bubble spots that should IMO almost always be given to more middle of the pack conference teams that overachieve instead of some 20-12 Power 5 school that underachieved...

The churn within the top 25 bodes ill for SMC and a bunch of other really good teams in non-power conferences. I expect to see a lower than normal representation of mid-majors in the Dance this year.

MDABE80
01-18-2018, 03:11 PM
We win tonight and we move up.

dhozagfan08
01-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Im ok with that. I feel like we generally do better against the overrated power schools with a bunch of athletes( Smarts ok st team comes to mind).