PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Pangos in the EuroLeague

Mojo13
01-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Dropping this here for the posters that don't look in the Old Dogs section - but may still get a kick out of this.

Kevin Pangos with 15 assists in a EuroLeague win over Valencia. This is pretty special as the games are shorter (40 minutes) and they credit assists much more conservatively.

We will post highlights of this game in the Old Dogs thread when we get them.

Posting here as I want people to appreciate how good KP is playing and how much he has improved since leaving GU. Maybe the best Zag of all time never to play in the NBA (yet)? He is clearly better than many players in the NBA right now. For example I'd take him in second over Tyler Ennis (Lakers) for Team Canada - no hesitation.

He may or may not ever get a fair NBA shot (his physical limitations are still obvious for the NBA) but that shouldn't be a knock on him. If he stays in the EuroLeague he could go down as one of the best PGs of all time (and make millions in the process).
The EuroLeague is by far the best league outside the NBA and is filled with ex and future NBA players. KP has turned himself into a top 3-5 PG in that league on par (or better) than numerous NBA vets playing in the EuroLeague. For example, 10 year NBA vet Beno Udrih is his back-up. KP has worked his butt off, improved his game and body immensely (you may find some pics in the Old Dogs thread showing how ripped he is). He has gone from a limited, spot up, undersized SG to an elite play making PG in the course of a couple seasons in Europe. Keep up the hard work KP!

northsidezagfan
01-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Nice work KP!

Zagceo
01-18-2018, 12:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOEZK1OYgNM

MDABE80
01-18-2018, 12:31 PM
I watched him the past few years in the Summer leagues. His shooting went south a bit. He'd do fine in the NBA. He plays like he belongs there. Serious shooter, finds his open man, very fewTO's He really looked like he'd make it to the league. Best wishes to this fine young man.

thespywhozaggedme
01-18-2018, 12:43 PM
Dropping this here for the posters that don't look in the Old Dogs section - but may still get a kick out of this.

Kevin Pangos with 15 assists in a EuroLeague win over Valencia. This is pretty special as the games are shorter (40 minutes) and they credit assists much more conservatively.

We will post highlights of this game in the Old Dogs thread when we get them.

Posting here as I want people to appreciate how good KP is playing and how much he has improved since leaving GU. Maybe the best Zag of all time never to play in the NBA (yet)? He is clearly better than many players in the NBA right now. For example I'd take him in second over Tyler Ennis (Lakers) for Team Canada - no hesitation.

He may or may not ever get a fair NBA shot (his physical limitations are still obvious for the NBA) but that shouldn't be a knock on him. If he stays in the EuroLeague he could go down as one of the best PGs of all time (and make millions in the process).
The EuroLeague is by far the best league outside the NBA and is filled with ex and future NBA players. KP has turned himself into a top 3-5 PG in that league on par (or better) than numerous NBA vets playing in the EuroLeague. For example, 10 year NBA vet Beno Udrih is his back-up. KP has worked his butt off, improved his game and body immensely (you may find some pics in the Old Dogs thread showing how ripped he is). He has gone from a limited, spot up, undersized SG to an elite play making PG in the course of a couple seasons in Europe. Keep up the hard work KP!

Check your mailbox, I sent you a pm.

JPtheBeasta
01-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Was that Brandon Davies in the clip?! (As in the sex-having Davies from BYU)

That last bounce pass was Steve Nash like.

Man, it would be cool to see him in the league somewhere.

Bogozags
01-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Was that Brandon Davies in the clip?! (As in the sex-having Davies from BYU)

That last bounce pass was Steve Nash like.

Man, it would be cool to see him in the league somewhere.

Yes, that is the same Davies...I was surprised to see them playing together...:D