PDA

View Full Version : Printable Basketball Schedule

PDXZag
10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Does any know where I can find a good printable basketball schedule on the Internet? I'm looking for one that lists the TV info on the schedule and I can't seem to find one. The closest thing I've found is on gozags.com, but that site only give the TV info for one game at a time, i.e., forcing one to go back to the site each time one wants the detailed TV info for each particular game (which I understand is probably the idea from a marketing standpoint, but nonetheless it is not what I am looking for).

Thanks in advance for your help. Can't wait for the Zags to tip it off on 11/7.

-PDXZag

zagzealot
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/gonzaga/mbasketball/schedule.html

Does that work?

UberZagFan
10-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Uber asks this question every year and he has yet to be satisfied with any of the responses.

There once was a day when the SID would e-mail out .pdf schedules with the logo on it and GU colors and all. Uber would post it in his office and write down "W" or "L" and the score next to each game. Boy it was fun doing that during the '03-'04 season---well, up until that game in the Key when the Zags laid an egg.

LynetteG
10-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Uberrrrrrrrrrrr, LOL

I just highlighted the schedule on the link above, not the whole page, and then copy/pasted it into a word doc, and viola, looks great. Not sure if that's too much work for you though.... :p

UberZagFan
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Uberrrrrrrrrrrr, LOL

I just highlighted the schedule on the link above, not the whole page, and then copy/pasted it into a word doc, and viola, looks great. Not sure if that's too much work for you though.... :p

Uber would prefer no work other than clicking an attachment to an e-mail, clicking print, then walking to the printer, grabbing tape and posting on the wall.

Copying, cutting, pasting, opening Word and all that--when would Uber have time to Foo?

zagzealot
10-26-2007, 10:16 PM
http://www.khq.com/global/story.asp?s=7206654

This may be a better schedule. I see some differences in the TV listings - I'm guessing that's a Spokane vs. Seattle thing...

No copying and pasting for this one Uber!

Fonebone
10-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for posting these - very much appreciated.

ZigZagSoCal
10-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Here's my fanatic version of this season's schedule. Proudly post for all to see where our allegiance lie for the next few months. Please let me know if corrections are in order since my other eye has yet to open.:)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/1773837371_f35975d008_o.jpg

Radbooks
10-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Is the Western Kentucky game on ESPNU or ESPN360? The gozags site says its on ESPNU and I'm planning on it being on there - that's one of the reasons I got the Dish!

SWZag
10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/gonzaga/mbasketball/schedule.html

Does that work?

This schedule is incorrect on at least one date. 19 January is at home against USD, not at USD.

SWZag

Lurknomore
10-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Sheesh- what is with all the 5pm start times during the week. Don't think my boss will let me off early on all those nights.

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Regarding the 5pm starts, I was thinking "CRAP!" That's 3pm for me! But I'm almost positive that it will actually be 7pm for me? Right? Someone confirm...?

zagzealot
10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
This schedule is incorrect on at least one date. 19 January is at home against USD, not at USD.

SWZag

Good catch! And I thought the Jokesman-Review was the only paper that made mistakes! ;)

lawzag
10-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Here's my fanatic version of this season's schedule. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/1773837371_f35975d008_o.jpg

Great job Zigzag - good graphics, fits on one page & column for notes (eg ticket to that game, etc)! I'm using your schedule!

Pallet
10-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Regarding the 5pm starts, I was thinking "CRAP!" That's 3pm for me! But I'm almost positive that it will actually be 7pm for me? Right? Someone confirm...?

Yes, woohoo, 5pm pacific would be 7 pm central time.

229SintoZag
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Pardon my bluntness, but this schedule is horrible. Really very inconsiderate of Gonzaga's fans.

There are three weekday home games this year that start at an acceptable time for people who have to work for a living.

WSU, 8 pm, on Dec. 5; USF, 9 PM, Jan 21, and Santa Clara, 8:30 pm on March 3.

This is even more of a catastrophe for guys like me, Angelo, and Gozags, who try to make games as much as practicable from the Seattle area. It was tough enough leaving work at 3 pm to catch a flight to Spokane to catch a 7 or 9 pm tip, but now to get to several games this year I would have to take a full half day of work off. Not practicable.

Against those three games that are realistic to expect fans to show up to on time, we get the following weekday games and start times:

Emporia State, Exhibition, 5 PM (Weds, Nov. 7)
Idaho, 5 pm (Tues, Nov. 13)
Northern Colorado, 5 PM (Mon Dec. 17)
Utah 5 PM (Mon, Dec. 31)
Portland, 5 PM, (Mon, Jan 28)
LMU, 5 PM, (Mon, Feb 11)

Six home games out of the 14 on the slate are games that the working fan cannot get to unless he either leaves work early, quits his job, or works hours where it is OK to be at the Kennel by 4:30 pm. My hunch is most folks with the $$ to buy these tickets work to earn that mony, and during standard hours--i.e., they usually find themselves working until 5 pm or beyond in a typical day.

What really puzzles me is Emporia State. It's a frickin exhibition game--and not even televised according to the schedule--so why is it at 5 pm at all? What is the point? If you are going to have an untelevised exhibition, why not schedule it so that the only people who are going to be able to see it--the home fans--can actually make it to the exhibition?

Let's take a closer look as well at some other issues.

First, the Saturday home games start at, variously, 1 pm or 5 pm. No traditional Saturday night games. Jack and Dan's better be well-stocked, as the normal post-game crowd will be drinking from approximately 7 pm on, rather than from 9 pm or later on, and sometimes could be going from 3 pm until closing with post-game drunks.

The Saturday away games start at 9 am, 12:30 pm, 1 pm, 5:00 pm, 5:30 pm, and one unknown time (Santa Clara).

The Oklahoma game is 5 pm, mid-week. For those of us who want to watch, we will again have to cut out early from work.

On the positive side most Monday away WCC games are at decent times (8 or 8:30).

I am all for having our games broadcast, but the better approach in my judgment is to go later rather than earlier (9 pm versus 5 pm) on those dates when we cannot go at 7 because of Sonics or Pac 10 conflicts on Fox. This schedule penalizes season ticket holders--that is the bottom line.

BoltZag
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Is the Western Kentucky game on ESPNU or ESPN360?

ESPNU - confirmed. It may be simulcast on ESPN360.

None of Friday's games games potentially featuring GU will be broadcast. We then have to hope for the Championship game on Sat (obviously) which is on ESPN2 (tipping at 12:30am for those of you nearest the Atlantic...)

Nevtelen
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Pardon my bluntness, but this schedule is horrible. Really very inconsiderate of Gonzaga's fans.

There are three weekday home games this year that start at an acceptable time for people who have to work for a living.

WSU, 8 pm, on Dec. 5; USF, 9 PM, Jan 21, and Santa Clara, 8:30 pm on March 3.

This is even more of a catastrophe for guys like me, Angelo, and Gozags, who try to make games as much as practicable from the Seattle area. It was tough enough leaving work at 3 pm to catch a flight to Spokane to catch a 7 or 9 pm tip, but now to get to several games this year I would have to take a full half day of work off. Not practicable.

Against those three games that are realistic to expect fans to show up to on time, we get the following weekday games and start times:

Emporia State, Exhibition, 5 PM (Weds, Nov. 7)
Idaho, 5 pm (Tues, Nov. 13)
Northern Colorado, 5 PM (Mon Dec. 17)
Utah 5 PM (Mon, Dec. 31)
Portland, 5 PM, (Mon, Jan 28)
LMU, 5 PM, (Mon, Feb 11)

Six home games out of the 14 on the slate are games that the working fan cannot get to unless he either leaves work early, quits his job, or works hours where it is OK to be at the Kennel by 4:30 pm. My hunch is most folks with the $$ to buy these tickets work to earn that mony, and during standard hours--i.e., they usually find themselves working until 5 pm or beyond in a typical day.

What really puzzles me is Emporia State. It's a frickin exhibition game--and not even televised according to the schedule--so why is it at 5 pm at all? What is the point? If you are going to have an untelevised exhibition, why not schedule it so that the only people who are going to be able to see it--the home fans--can actually make it to the exhibition?

Let's take a closer look as well at some other issues.

First, the Saturday home games start at, variously, 1 pm or 5 pm. No traditional Saturday night games. Jack and Dan's better be well-stocked, as the normal post-game crowd will be drinking from approximately 7 pm on, rather than from 9 pm or later on, and sometimes could be going from 3 pm until closing with post-game drunks.

The Saturday away games start at 9 am, 12:30 pm, 1 pm, 5:00 pm, 5:30 pm, and one unknown time (Santa Clara).

The Oklahoma game is 5 pm, mid-week. For those of us who want to watch, we will again have to cut out early from work.

On the positive side most Monday away WCC games are at decent times (8 or 8:30).

I am all for having our games broadcast, but the better approach in my judgment is to go later rather than earlier (9 pm versus 5 pm) on those dates when we cannot go at 7 because of Sonics or Pac 10 conflicts on Fox. This schedule penalizes season ticket holders--that is the bottom line.

But if you make games later (9ish), then a large portion of the t.v. crowd complains about how late the games are and that they can't stay up to watch (especially those not in the Pacific time-zone). There is no perfect solution. I understand where you're coming from and I personally agree - I'd much rather have a 9 pm tip time because I almost never get home from work before 5:30. But I'll just record the earlier games on my DVR and not see them in real-time, I guess.

Radbooks
10-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info, Boltzag!! :D

gozagswoohoo
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes, woohoo, 5pm pacific would be 7 pm central time.

Woohoo! Soon enough you guys will be asking ME what the game time zone conversion factors are!

229SintoZag
10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
But if you make games later (9ish), then a large portion of the t.v. crowd complains about how late the games are and that they can't stay up to watch (especially those not in the Pacific time-zone). There is no perfect solution. I understand where you're coming from and I personally agree - I'd much rather have a 9 pm tip time because I almost never get home from work before 5:30. But I'll just record the earlier games on my DVR and not see them in real-time, I guess.

I saw this post and Bob's and I just disagree.

We are a Spokane, WA, school. We play in the Pacific time zone.

The supposed benefits of "east coast" exposure are great in theory, but in reality, in this situation, they are totally overblown. Of the six games I referenced, NONE of them are broadcast in ESPN, ESPN2, or even ESPNU--where they may actually be watched on the east coast. So we get no appreciable "exposure" benefit by having these games in particular at 5 pm.

Further, we have games starting at 9 am (Memphis) 12:30 pm (Uconn) and 1 pm Pacific (Tennessee) all televised on ESPN nationally at very popular times for east coast viewers. We also have the typical late start times (8 or 9) for a lot of the ESPN WCC games.

I just think a bit more consideration for the season ticket holder is in order here. Not everyone can skip work. Some people have to actually earn the money they send in for season tickets and doing so requires them to be at work.

DoggieDogpound
10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I certainly have to agree with Sinto regarding those 6 games that start
at 5 p.m. - why can't they start them at 7 p.m. - the East Coasters could
still watch. 5 p.m. is bad for everyone on the West Coast - try commuting in places like LA, Seattle and San Diego and making it home by 5 if you don't get off work until 4:30.

229SintoZag
10-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I certainly have to agree with Sinto regarding those 6 games that start
at 5 p.m. - why can't they start them at 7 p.m. - the East Coasters could
still watch. 5 p.m. is bad for everyone on the West Coast - try commuting in places like LA, Seattle and San Diego and making it home by 5 if you don't get off work until 4:30.

For the games I referenced, nobody but LIZF and a few others on the east coast will be watching anyway. The games are all on FSN. So to watch, you'd need Dish or DirecTV. And the broad audiences of ESPN and ESPN2 are not going to be there.

So for those games, the 5 pm time slot has zero, Z.E.R.0., to do with east coast exposure.

Nevtelen
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
For the games I referenced, nobody but LIZF and a few others on the east coast will be watching anyway. The games are all on FSN. So to watch, you'd need Dish or DirecTV. And the broad audiences of ESPN and ESPN2 are not going to be there.

So for those games, the 5 pm time slot has zero, Z.E.R.0., to do with east coast exposure.

Still, look at all the people on this board who prefer the 5 PM start - because of their kids, different working hours, what have you. Like I said - I agree with you. I, personally, like the later start time. But no solution is going to be perfect. Some seasons and some games will be scheduled to your liking and some won't and you just have to bite the bullett. Since there are all the 9 PM start times in WCC play, I think the 5 pm start for some of the non-conference games is an okay compromise.

229SintoZag
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Let's compromise and have the games at 7 pm.

Guess how may 7 pm games are on the schedule this year?

Zero. Not a single one.

Seems like kids could get there, it is not midnight on the east coast, and it would allow people who work for a living to show up without having to take sick leave or vacation.

Novel idea, I know. But worth exploring...perhaps expecially if the Sonics vacate the state for Oklahoma.

Nevtelen
10-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure the Sonics are the reason there aren't any 7 pm spots. Heck, even 8 would be good. We'll see, because I'm pretty sure the Sonics aren't long for Seattle...