• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

CBS 25 and 1 (Sunday-1/14/2018)

Zags zoom to no 11. 11 games left in the regular season. 2 each with SMC, USD and BYU. I doubt we'll win all of them but now comes the hard part for the Zags in the WCC.
  • ZagsGoZags
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

got to worry about those four games but also,
    a possible WCC team under that who goes out of their minds ..
    we have all see that, and glad its rare

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2015

[QUOTE=MDABE80;1351847]https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Zags zoom to no 11. 11 games left in the regular season. 2 each with SMC, USD and BYU. I doubt we'll win all of them but now comes the hard part for the Zags in the WCC.[/QUOTE

Anyone think 11 is a little generous? By the way, Purdue looking like last year's Zag's on Kenpom, single digits adj O and D.

Comment

• jpn17
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
        https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Zags zoom to no 11. 11 games left in the regular season. 2 each with SMC, USD and BYU. I doubt we'll win all of them but now comes the hard part for the Zags in the WCC.[/QUOTE

Anyone think 11 is a little generous? By the way, Purdue looking like last year's Zag's on Kenpom, single digits adj O and D.
        Not really. BPI and Kenpom both have Gonzaga ranked 7th and Sagarin has them 9th. 11th in the CBS rankings seems pretty spot on.

Comment

• Bogozags
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jpn17 View Post
          Not really. BPI and Kenpom both have Gonzaga ranked 7th and Sagarin has them 9th. 11th in the CBS rankings seems pretty spot on.
          I found it interesting that BPI has us ranked 7th but a 6th seed according to BPI on ESPN...I'd would have thought we would have been seeded higher...

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

these high rankings please me,
            partly because if I was honestly ranking them myself it would be lower,
            I am still worrying about this team too much .... probably
            I just don't see the Few offensive system in action enough yet,
            too many players who seem want to play hero ball rather than team ball.
            However, if Few has said OK to this I take it all back.

Comment

• jpn17
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              I found it interesting that BPI has us ranked 7th but a 6th seed according to BPI on ESPN...I'd would have thought we would have been seeded higher...
              It is interesting, though ESPN's seed projections seem to be based on strength of record and not on BPI, which is kind of odd. However, that 6 seed might not be so out of the question seeing as Gonzaga's RPI is sitting around 60 and the selection committee seems to cling to that long outdated ranking system more than any other. Think about that though. When you take into account that there are low RPI teams that are guaranteed tournament spots via their conference tournaments, RPI says that Gonzaga should not be in the NCAA tournament this year.

Comment

• gonstu
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                these high rankings please me,
                partly because if I was honestly ranking them myself it would be lower,
                I am still worrying about this team too much .... probably
                I just don't see the Few offensive system in action enough yet,
                too many players who seem want to play hero ball rather than team ball.
                However, if Few has said OK to this I take it all back.
                I don't see it this way. 6 players in double figures. Who saw Trae Young of the Sooners last night at K-State. THAT's hero ball.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                  Zag for Life
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                  https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-top-25-and-1/

Zags zoom to no 11. 11 games left in the regular season. 2 each with SMC, USD and BYU. I doubt we'll win all of them but now comes the hard part for the Zags in the WCC.
                  I think we win all of them...maybe we lose one to SMC but I don't see BYU beating us either time. USD may be able to steal a game as we tend to struggle at times against them but I'd expect 2-0 there as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X