PDA

View Full Version : something wrong in Tucson

seacatfan
01-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Following up a putrid performance on the road against Colorado, Arizona opened the game trailing Oregon St. 12-2 in the first 5 minutes. Still trailing 22-18 approaching halftime. This is a heartless, gutless group of Wildcats this year. Something is seriously wrong with this team. I was hoping they put it behind them after the Bahamas tournament, but it doesn't appear they have.

jazzdelmar
01-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Following up a putrid performance on the road against Colorado, Arizona opened the game trailing Oregon St. 12-2 in the first 5 minutes. Still trailing 22-18 approaching halftime. This is a heartless, gutless group of Wildcats this year. Something is seriously wrong with this team. I was hoping they put it behind them after the Bahamas tournament, but it doesn't appear they have.

All those 5 Star players ? Point guard stinks and Miller loves him.

seacatfan
01-11-2018, 06:56 PM
All those 5 Star players ? Point guard stinks and Miller loves him.

Not many options. Fr. Barcello isn't ready to take the reigns. Play Trier or Alkins out of position?

JPtheBeasta
01-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Something's wrong with the Gonzaga Men's Basketball Forum.

LTownZag
01-11-2018, 07:02 PM
As a casual observer - do you think Sean Miller is somehow TOO intense or loud/energetic for the job? Obviously there are have been good and successful coaches of all stripes, but I wonder if he scares his players.

jazzdelmar
01-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Not many options. Fr. Barcello isn't ready to take the reigns. Play Trier or Alkins out of position?

I thought Barcello was the 2d coming of Damon? Local kid.

seacatfan
01-11-2018, 07:27 PM
As a casual observer - do you think Sean Miller is somehow TOO intense or loud/energetic for the job? Obviously there are have been good and successful coaches of all stripes, but I wonder if he scares his players.

Some Arizona fans think he micromanages too much. Needs to loosen up and let the players play. That and figure out how to attack a freaking zone defense already. Still clueless, has been the entire time he's been at UA.

seacatfan
01-11-2018, 07:28 PM
I thought Barcello was the 2d coming of Damon? Local kid.

I wasn't aware of that kind of expectations for him. He looked decent early in the season but has disappeared lately.

RenoZag
01-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Wasn't there a quote from Miller last week where he said he just couldn't get this team to play for him ?

Zagceo
01-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Wasn't there a quote from Miller last week where he said he just couldn't get this team to play for him ?

3:00 min in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfTZF25jho

Miller has good media personality...

seacatfan
01-12-2018, 11:55 AM
I think he's a good, not great coach. You can find stuff to nitpick about him. He's definitely stubborn. But this year is something different. They have the talent, but it's just not coming together.