willandi
01-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Longhorns beat TCU 99-98 in 2 ot!

Good for the Zags!

Zag_Dad
01-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Longhorns beqat TCU 99-98 in 2 ot!

Good for the Zags!

“Beqat”? We should all go out and covefe!

kyle dixon
01-10-2018, 09:47 PM
Great win for UT and prayers to the Jones family. I understand what they are going through as my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia in July of Ď14. As Shaka says, Jones is a fighter and he too like will join my daughter as a cancer survivor!

willandi
01-10-2018, 09:59 PM

Sorry, fumble fingers and blurry eyes...and I am a two finger typist.

Bulldoginseattle
01-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Great win for Texas and for GU. Itís always interesting how related these things are on Kenpom. This bumped us up to # 7 on the site - might even be useful if the committee ACTUALLY begins using this and Sagarine this year. Without believing in miracles, itís still fun to watch.

Oh. And thoughts with Jones and family. I can only imagine how difficult that would be for a college aged kid.

Bogozags
01-11-2018, 07:07 AM

Ok, I got the Begat but am truly lost on the covefe?

Kiddwell
01-11-2018, 08:22 AM
...Ohio State took down former #01 Michigan State. A couple of very good wins at PK80. (Sure hope the Nike people come up with another PK##, hopefully every other year, and teams who score two of three wins are invited back.)

:]

former1dog
01-11-2018, 08:26 AM
...Ohio State took down former #01 Michigan State. A couple of very good wins at PK80. (Sure hope the Nike people come up with another PK##, hopefully every other year, and teams who score two of three wins are invited back.)

:]

Ohio State is hosting Maryland tonight and visits Rutgers on Sunday. If they win both they should be ranked in the Top 25 by Monday. Go Buckeyes!

Reborn
01-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Congrats to Texas. They have a great coach. I'm happy to see him rebuilding the Texas program. I've always liked Texas. This is a program on the rise.

CDC84
01-11-2018, 09:25 AM
On another note.....you see how quickly Jamie Dixon turned TCU around? For that program to have a #16 ranking is unimaginable.

And to think that Pitt replaced Dixon with this man:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/kevin-stallings-salary-pitt-panthers-ncaa-basketball-100-grand-comment-louisville-ncaa-violations/1u7imbo3o69nn1t9qiflje09p9

Zag_Dad
01-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Ok, I got the Begat but am truly lost on the covefe?

Poor attempt at humor on my part. “Covefe” came from a POTUS tweet last year. Nobody could decipher what he really meant, but it was fodder for late night TV shows for a week or more.

sittingon50
01-11-2018, 10:50 AM
On another note.....you see how quickly Jamie Dixon turned TCU around? For that program to have a #16 ranking is unimaginable.

And to think that Pitt replaced Dixon with this man:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/kevin-stallings-salary-pitt-panthers-ncaa-basketball-100-grand-comment-louisville-ncaa-violations/1u7imbo3o69nn1t9qiflje09p9

Pitt got run out of their own gym last night by Duke. Vandy was pretty decent when Stallings was there, but Pitt is looking like a disaster. Think they really were surprised when Dixon left & jumped the gun too quickly to get a "name" in there.

CDC84
01-11-2018, 04:12 PM
Pitt got run out of their own gym last night by Duke. Vandy was pretty decent when Stallings was there, but Pitt is looking like a disaster. Think they really were surprised when Dixon left & jumped the gun too quickly to get a "name" in there.

Sadly, I hate to tell you this, but most Pitt fans wanted him gone. A significant portion of the Pitt fan base hated Dixon. They essentially ran him out of town.

Pitt fans are some of the most delusional fans in all of college basketball. Even going back to the Big East years, they just couldn't understand the reasons why their team couldn't perform in the NCAA tournament like Duke, Carolina and Kentucky despite the fact that their rosters rarely produced NBA talent. Pittsburgh as a city produces less prep talent than any major city in America. Howland and Dixon made their living off of hard nosed, tough, undersized, under-recruited kids from NY/NJ who had dreams of playing in Madison Square Garden in the BE tournament. Pitt gave them that chance. They occasionally got a big name player, but rarely. When Pitt went to the ACC - which was done for football reasons - it hurt their men's basketball program significantly. The decision reportedly pissed off Dixon. They lost a very good portion of their NY/NJ talent base. Jamie needed time to rebuild his recruiting. Sadly, the Pitt folks never properly acknowledged the great job that Dixon did after Howland, so they certainly weren't going to understand the rebuild that was needed in regards to Pitt's recruiting operation.

They deserve what they get with Stallings, who has never done much for me as a coach. Several college basketball analysts don't feel he's all that great either. He is certainly very rude on occasion to players and fans.

sittingon50
01-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the background, CDC. I (obviously) had no idea.