PDA

View Full Version : GU Unit of Game to date numbers crunched

Hoopaholic
01-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Perkins and Tille tied with 4 GU unit of game out of 13 to date
Perkins with 87% of votes, 88% votes, 63% of votes and 59% of votes in winning GU Unit
Tille with 73% of votes, 38% of votes, 86% of votes and 89% of votes in winning GU Unit

Perkins and Norvell tied with second place finishes in GU Unit of game out of 13 games with 3 each

Perkins leads with total votes at 393 (31% of all votes cast) then tille at 293 (23%), then Norvell at 153 (12%), then J3 138 (11%) then Melson at 124 (10%) no others in triple digits yet with total votes

Total votes cast to date 1,283
Average votes cast per game is 98.7
Highest vote for game to date Creighton with 145 votes in that one (also highest 3 players Tille won with 55 Melson second with 49 and Norvell with 39

Lowest vote for game to date was LMU with 78 votes cast

Lowest winning GU Unit % was the Howard game that Larsen won the GU Unit with only 33% of the votes cast and second was Norvel who had 30% of votes cast
Creighton was nipping on the heels with winner Tille getting 38% total votes and Melson in second with 34% of total votes

Was interesting breaking the first 13 wins down to see totals, wins, second place votes

bartruff1
01-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Thanks....I have been wanting to see that info....it may not be a measure of who has been the most effective or valuable player, but it is a indication of how the people in the forum see things on a game by game .....basis at least for the games won...and a correlation of the positive and negative posts in here about a individual player......cool

tyra
01-07-2018, 03:50 PM
My (previously stated) bias is that we give the highest scorer the GUnit more often than it deserves as opposed to looking at all factors, i.e. someone who changes the trajectory of the game or someone who was the biggest stopper of the other team’s big scorer or the player who just seemed to make everyone better that night. Just saying.

Hoopaholic
01-07-2018, 05:05 PM
My (previously stated) bias is that we give the highest scorer the GUnit more often than it deserves as opposed to looking at all factors, i.e. someone who changes the trajectory of the game or someone who was the biggest stopper of the other teamís big scorer or the player who just seemed to make everyone better that night. Just saying.
Completely agree with your view

GrizZAG
01-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Good job Hoop! I tried to keep track of that last year but your analysis is far superior. Thanks

bartruff1
01-07-2018, 09:21 PM
It's ironic that the two players that get panned in here the most (by some)....have collected the most votes...

zaguarxj
01-08-2018, 11:35 AM
My (previously stated) bias is that we give the highest scorer the GUnit more often than it deserves as opposed to looking at all factors, i.e. someone who changes the trajectory of the game or someone who was the biggest stopper of the other teamís big scorer or the player who just seemed to make everyone better that night. Just saying.

The wonderful thing about the GUnit is that you are allowed to base your vote on whatever criteria you want, as are the rest of us. I almost always vote before looking at a box score but that's just my personal choice.

Zagceo
01-08-2018, 12:01 PM
It's ironic that the two players that get panned in here the most (by some)....have collected the most votes...

The QB usually gets the most credit in wins and most criticism in losses

The bigger issue with this years team..no second string QB which usually is fan favorite until they eventually get to play. :-d

sittingon50
01-08-2018, 12:21 PM

The bigger issue with this years team..no second string QB which usually is fan favorite until they eventually get to play. :-d

:lmao:

TexasZagFan
01-08-2018, 12:32 PM

Two exceptions that I can think of: Steve Young and Jimmy Garappolo. Interesting in that we're talking about the same team, the 49ers.

SWZag
01-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the number crunching Hoop. Always love seeing real numbers and how statistics look.

I wonder how many times the GUnit has / hasn't matched the TV or Radio player of the game?

spike_jr
01-08-2018, 01:53 PM
I wonder how many times the GUnit has / hasn't matched the TV or Radio player of the game?

I was wondering the same thing. Can anybody think of an easy way to post that along with the GUnit poll? It would be interesting to compare. And thanks Hoop for doing the heavy lifting on this one.

gozagswoohoo
01-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Thanks Hoop!!!

Super interesting. Love it.

Hoopaholic
01-09-2018, 10:17 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Can anybody think of an easy way to post that along with the GUnit poll? It would be interesting to compare. And thanks Hoop for doing the heavy lifting on this one.

I will be happy to include this but not sure how to consistently collect it (does it occur on all broadcasts for example?)