PDA

View Full Version : OT: Road Uniforms at Home?

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-07-2018, 06:45 AM
I noticed that LMU players were wearing red uniforms at home. I saw Oregon State wearing orange for a recent home game.

Are teams still expected to wear white (or light-colored) uniforms for home games?

kitzbuel
01-07-2018, 07:16 AM
I noticed that LMU players were wearing red uniforms at home. I saw Oregon State wearing orange for a recent home game.

Are teams still expected to wear white (or light-colored) uniforms for home games?

Uniforms are required to be of contrasting colors with the road team being a darker shade and the home team being a lighter shade. Changes may be made by agreement between the teams.

bartruff1
01-07-2018, 07:42 AM
Speaking of attire ...what are those black ribbons (or whatever) some players have on their upper arms or shoulders ???

Birddog
01-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Speaking of attire ...what are those black ribbons (or whatever) some players have on their upper arms or shoulders ???

I think you're referring to Kinesio Tape. The verdict is still out on whether it is more than a placebo, but trainers seem to use a lot of it. Google it for performance reviews.

CDC84
01-07-2018, 07:59 PM
It's a trend in sport that I hate.....evening going back to the Dallas Cowboys. On a neutral floor in college basketball involving non-bcs teams, it's taken me sometimes five minutes to figure out who the "home" team is.

CDC84
01-07-2018, 08:02 PM

Kinesiology (Kinesio) taping? The Kinesio Taping Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions.

http://giwil.com/Uploads/590020702f8e0.jpg

ZionZag
01-08-2018, 04:51 AM
Kinesiology (Kinesio) taping? The Kinesio Taping Method is a definitive rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion as well as providing extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered within the clinical setting. Latex-free and wearable for days at a time, Kinesio Tape is safe for populations ranging from pediatric to geriatric, and successfully treats a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and other medical conditions.

http://giwil.com/Uploads/590020702f8e0.jpg

Usually worn with pierced ears.......

CDC84
01-08-2018, 10:49 AM
I am amazed that they get the tape to stick and not come off in all the odd places where they put it.

509er
01-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Uniforms are required to be of contrasting colors with the road team being a darker shade and the home team being a lighter shade. Changes may be made by agreement between the teams.

Probably doesn't work with certain colors if you have color blind players. BTW, I love USC and UCLA both wearing their home unis in football every year under the lights.