Santa Clara (4-10) @ LMU (5-8)
Pacific (6-9) @ Saint Mary’s (13-2)
San Diego (11-3) @ Portland (6-9)
BYU (12-3) & San Francisco (9-6)

Non-League Foe:
North Dakota (4-9) @ Montana (9-5)

Others of Interest:
#14 Arizona (11-3) @ Utah (10-3)
Maryland (13-3) @ #1 Michigan State (14-1)

Snagglezag
01-04-2018, 01:42 PM
To add:

Ohio State (11-4) @ Iowa (9-7) - Hawkeyes are slightly favored but the Zags need Ohio State to step up and win some road games.

adoptedzag
01-04-2018, 04:46 PM
IUPUI currently beating UIC 55-54 with 5:10 left.

mtzaga
01-04-2018, 05:22 PM
North Dakota losing at Montana 14-0.

NEC26
01-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Arizona State falls to Colorado and Arizona in a tight game with Utah right now.

seacatfan
01-04-2018, 07:39 PM
ASU crashing back to reality quickly. Tough break w/ scheduling, 3 straight road games to open conference play. Already 0-2, have their work cut out for them against Utah in SLC next game.

Arizona makes me nervous watching them play. They seem to enjoy blowing double digit leads and letting the other team back in the game. Utah was lights out hitting 3's, but Arizona pulled away late. Ayton is still a monster. Double double in 12 of 15 games so far this year I think.

mtzaga
01-04-2018, 07:53 PM
North Dakota losing at Montana 14-0.

Griz win 109-79.

Hoopaholic
01-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Cincinnati wins on last second prayer shot

Hoopaholic
01-04-2018, 07:55 PM
To add:

Ohio State (11-4) @ Iowa (9-7) - Hawkeyes are slightly favored but the Zags need Ohio State to step up and win some road games.
And they do. Yea

seacatfan
01-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Portland had a late rally to force OT against USD. Looks like the Toreros are going to prevail in the extra session.

23dpg
01-04-2018, 09:02 PM
UCLA loses to Stanford in double OT. Stanford is terrible so the Bruins are....?

sittingon50
01-04-2018, 09:04 PM
USD 81
Portland 74 OT

BYU 69
usf 59

SCU 65
LMU 49

Pacific 56
SMC 74

Ohio St. 92
Iowa 81

Ill. Chicago 70
IUPUI 65

seacatfan
01-04-2018, 10:00 PM
UCLA loses to Stanford in double OT. Stanford is terrible so the Bruins are....?

Stanford just lost to Cal, who beat San Diego St., who beat you know who. Weird things can happen from game to game.

What's more interesting is the swings in some of these games. Cal came from 17 down to beat Stanford. UCLA came from 14 down to end up beating UW handily. Stanford was down 12 or 13 fairly late in the game tonight before rallying. UCLA missed 5 straight FTs near the end of regulation. Oops.

Also UCLA beat Kentucky recently. UK isn't as good as usual this year, but it's still UK.

I think we've entered a watered down era of college basketball. Too many one or two and done players, too little continuity, not nearly enough really talented upperclassmen. I don't think there's even one great team in the country this year.

TravelinZag
01-05-2018, 03:25 AM
Check out the large list of Saturday games with potential to help Zags.

ZAG 4 LIFE
01-05-2018, 06:39 AM

Coached by Steve Alford...

raise the zag
01-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Arizona makes me nervous watching them play. They seem to enjoy blowing double digit leads and letting the other team back in the game. Utah was lights out hitting 3's, but Arizona pulled away late. Ayton is still a monster. Double double in 12 of 15 games so far this year I think.

When I watch him on the court, I can't help but think how dumb the 19 yr old rule is -- Ayton is almost TOO big/strong to be playing with these fellow kids. Damn near unfair.

Even when Zona lost 3 games in 4 days, I was an Arizona apologist. I believe they are Final 4 bound this year, especially with Rawle back in the fold. Everyone overlooked his injury, yet was considered one of the best dribble drive strong guards in the nation outta HS and last season. Pair him with Trier, and they are nearly unstoppable to defend (unless they take ill advised shots), and Ayton up front.

They will be more than fine.

Probably win the Pac-12, but ASU is for real, they're just finding out what its like to play road games.

seacatfan
01-05-2018, 10:48 AM
When I watch him on the court, I can't help but think how dumb the 19 yr old rule is -- Ayton is almost TOO big/strong to be playing with these fellow kids. Damn near unfair.

Even when Zona lost 3 games in 4 days, I was an Arizona apologist. I believe they are Final 4 bound this year, especially with Rawle back in the fold. Everyone overlooked his injury, yet was considered one of the best dribble drive strong guards in the nation outta HS and last season. Pair him with Trier, and they are nearly unstoppable to defend (unless they take ill advised shots), and Ayton up front.

Probably win the Pac-12, but ASU is for real, they're just finding out what its like to play road games.

Bill Walton practically has Arizona penciled in as National Champs already. I'm a little less convinced. They look like less than the sum of the parts so far. Still time for it all to come together, we'll see.

Zagceo
01-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Cats had three 6'5" guards on the floor at one time....Randolph freshmen....Trier & Rawle

agree with you... Ayton is unstoppable and see Cats as favs to make FF

Zagdawg
01-05-2018, 12:36 PM
Zona has a ton of talent like they do every year....... but now they have romar on staff too......we know what romar does with tons of talent.

TexasZagFan
01-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Zona has a ton of talent like they do every year....... but now they have romar on staff too......we know what romar does with tons of talent.

:lmao: