PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day, the best day of the week.

Reborn
01-04-2018, 05:54 AM
GU vs Pepperdine

The Zags are playing on the road tonight. First time in a conference game this year. I'm sooo excited to see how they handle this. I'm hoping to see a continuation of how they played last week. The team is looking much better and I think they'll roll on tonight. Let's go Ninja Shooter. I'm fired up and ready.

Go Zags!!!

jazzdelmar
01-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Sorry, Bornie. These games are endless and boring to me and serve only as a petri dish for the development of bad habits. Essentially, only 4 regular season games of interest; maybe 1 or 2 others.

bigblahla
01-04-2018, 06:53 AM
Sorry, Bornie. These games are endless and boring to me and serve only as a petri dish for the development of bad habits. Essentially, only 4 regular season games of interest; maybe 1 or 2 others.

Woooo Jazz, who rained on your parade?....every game brings the chance to see both individual and team improvement.....worth watching just for that alone and it's our Zags playing. You know the Waves will be up for this game regardless of their record....smile ol buddy as bornie said "It's game day, the best day of the week". :clap::cheers::clap:

Go!! Zags!!!

Bogozags
01-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Look forward to watching our Zags play and do expect a lopsided game, especially if Edwards is still out for Pepperdine...

I am hoping that Wade and Larson get lots more quality PT as both really need further development to continue to improve, specifically for Wade to see him run the team as the future PG.

gueastcoast
01-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Just wish the game was earlier :( zzzzzzzzzzzz

TexasZagFan
01-04-2018, 07:28 AM
Just wish the game was earlier :( zzzzzzzzzzzz

I feel your pain.

23dpg
01-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Agree 100% Reborn. I love watching the Zags play, always. I’m glued to the tv when they play their exhibition game. It’s odd to me that some people love the team but don’t like watching them play.
Also like the late start tonight. I might not get home until game time.

gonstu
01-04-2018, 08:26 AM

don't watch ;)

kitzbuel
01-04-2018, 08:52 AM
don't watch ;)It is really tough to stay up for this late of a game time for me. I record the games, but if it is a blowout don't end up watching much of it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

TexasZagFan
01-04-2018, 09:03 AM

In a way I agree with you, in a way I disagree. Although 3-5 conference games may be of interest, they're all important. Can't have any slip ups against the bottom half of the WCC. Yet for those 5-6 teams, a victory at home makes their season, with students rushing the floor, and coaches earning another year on their contracts.

Each and every game for the rest of the season is important IMO. Thankfully, it appears the selection committee is now relying on metrics besides RPI, which for us can only drop further between now and March.

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-04-2018, 11:34 AM
I love watching every game.

LouisianaZag
01-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Try watching in the Eastern or Central time zones. When I was coaching I was grateful for these late starts because I would get in late. Now of course have to have my rest BUT I will be watching every shot, every bounce of the ball. GO ZAGS

jazzdelmar
01-04-2018, 11:52 AM
don't watch ;)

Just came from the beach.....Superb....I won't, thanks.

gonstu
01-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Just came from the beach.....Superb....I won't, thanks.

ok - we'll let you know what happens!

SWZag
01-04-2018, 12:20 PM
I love watching every game.

My response exactly!!! I know I'm watching to watch GU and our players. Although I won't always be at the arena, I can support my TEAM from home. I'm not watching to watch a competitive game. I can watch any other team if I want that. It's called channel surfing.

Imagine telling your child...."Son / Daughter, I'm not going to go to your game today because you are going to win by 30. I will find better things to do." :explode:

upan8th
01-04-2018, 12:30 PM
DMJ: Got just the tonic for watching the Zag's late night non-contests vs the dregs of the WCC (West Coast Clowns). Bet on the outcome. Guaranteed to boost your interest level. Spread is a paltry 22 tonight. Go for it.

gonstu
01-04-2018, 12:40 PM
DMJ: Got just the tonic for watching the Zag's late night non-contests vs the dregs of the WCC (West Coast Clowns). Bet on the outcome. Guaranteed to boost your interest level. Spread is a paltry 22 tonight. Go for it.

Would never put real $$ on this team. But if I did - I'm giving the points tonight.

Snowkane
01-04-2018, 01:24 PM

I was able to get a bet in yesterday with the spread at -20. Hopefully they cover!

sittingon50
01-04-2018, 01:53 PM
I'll be interested to see the student attendance.

Checked their academic calendar; looks like new students show up today but housing not open for returners 'til Saturday.

Have no idea how close an average student may live vis a vie Malibu or how excited they might even be to support the home team in this one.

GonzagasaurusFlex
01-04-2018, 01:56 PM
I’m hoping to see another strong performance by Rui; I believe, once he learns he can, Rui will take over games for stretches for this team. Coaches are encouraging Rui to shine.

Reborn
01-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Honestly, I like watching these guys most of the time. I actually like this team more than most I've watched. The guys are really young and learning. Watching them improve game to game is worth it to me. My favorite players are all Freshman plus Rui. So I enjoy watching them grow as players. I too am hoping to see Wade play more and Larsen. I imagine that the game could be boring for someone who isn't part of the GU Community. I'm pretty sure it will be a 20 plus victory, but like we know, WHO KNOWS? The games are weird this year for many of the teams.

Go Zags!!!

did you notice I'm posting my three exclamation points again. The key on my keyboard was not functioning. I see that its working today so that is good news. I'm pretty supersticous. Sorry. I kind of felt that not posting Go Zags as much because the exclamation was out was causing the Zags to loose. Go Zags111 did not work at all. lol

GrizZAG
01-04-2018, 04:36 PM
These kind of games are needed for the coaching staff and team from my view. Face it, early on in the big games we have new players trying to fill the big gaps left by our stars who are gone and were playing frantic as was the coaching staff to get some wins. It's games like the one tonight that allow staff to do some experimentation and get a look at more players perhaps. They can practice some plays and strategy with the tools we have then debrief to identify strengths and weaknesses that hopefully leads to better consistency and success. I don't agree it just fosters bad habits.

gonstu
01-04-2018, 04:41 PM
These kind of games are needed for the coaching staff and team from my view. Face it, early on in the big games we have new players trying to fill the big gaps left by our stars who are gone and were playing frantic as was the coaching staff to get some wins. It's games like the one tonight that allow staff to do some experimentation and get a look at more players perhaps. They can practice some plays and strategy with the tools we have then debrief to identify strengths and weaknesses that hopefully leads to better consistency and success. I don't agree it just fosters bad habits.

Agree with Reborn, I could see them being boring if all you care about is the end result - w or L. I tend to get lots of enjoyment watching the players across their time at GU. Every game is part of the greater journey, I like being along for the whole ride.

Hoopaholic
01-04-2018, 05:34 PM
Agree with Reborn, I could see them being boring if all you care about is the end result - w or L. I tend to get lots of enjoyment watching the players across their time at GU. Every game is part of the greater journey, I like being along for the whole ride.

:cheers::cheers:

75Zag
01-04-2018, 05:50 PM
It is an honor to be a GU grad married to a GU grad and the father of a GU grad and hopefully soon to be the grandfather of a GU grad. But even I can't pretend to be interested in WCC games involving the usual cannon fodder playing GU.

Go GU and please deliver me to March 1st.

Go Bulldogs!

willandi
01-04-2018, 06:06 PM
It is an honor to be a GU grad married to a GU grad and the father of a GU grad and hopefully soon to be the grandfather of a GU grad. But even I can't pretend to be interested in WCC games involving the usual cannon fodder playing GU.

Go GU and please deliver me to March 1st.

Go Bulldogs!

Lucky for GU that there are enough of us 'just fans' to make playing the games worth while!

cggonzaga
01-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Lucky for GU that there are enough of us 'just fans' to make playing the games worth while!

Can one be considered a fan if they aren’t always excited to watch their teams play? Is that not the implied definition of a fanatic?

willandi
01-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Can one be considered a fan if they aren’t always excited to watch their teams play? Is that not the implied definition of a fanatic?

Of course! It was the response to grad/grad, dad of grad, granddad of grad.

bballbeachbum
01-04-2018, 06:59 PM

sweet post