PDA

View Full Version : IUPUI, San Diego State, Florida All Win on the Road

TravelinZag
01-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Kansas losses third home game, Arkansas losses. Good night for Zags.

Kemo 1966
01-02-2018, 11:32 PM
I get Kansas losing at home to #18, but IUPUI (#269 beating Green BAY ranked #295) ???? and San Diego #54 beating Colo St. ranked #197 ?????? Remember now, since GU's loss @ SD ST., SD ST went to Wyoming and lost by 13.....Oh, Pacific lost at Wyoming by 14 ........ hmmmmmm.

TravelinZag
01-03-2018, 06:11 PM
Any past opponent who wins helps Zags, whether they won or lost their head-to-head game; conversely, past opponents every loss hurts Zags. Opponents record is 50% of Zags RPI/BPI, major factors in seeding for the NCAA tournament. Makes Zag fans rout for OOC opponents, because their wins help us. Only 25% is Zags record, 50% opponents record, final 25% is opponents’ foes record. Responds to query, “who did they play.” Conference games most cancel out since each game produces a winner AND a loser for each GU foe.

Once and Future Zag
01-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Any past opponent who wins helps Zags, whether they won or lost their head-to-head game; conversely, past opponents every loss hurts Zags. Opponents record is 50% of Zags RPI/BPI, major factors in seeding for the NCAA tournament. Makes Zag fans rout for OOC opponents, because their wins help us. Only 25% is Zags record, 50% opponents record, final 25% is opponents’ foes record. Responds to query, “who did they play.” Conference games most cancel out since each game produces a winner AND a loser for each GU foe.

Only RPI - BPI notsomuch, BPI is more of a stats driven system (with some manual finger-on-the-scale stuff) than a Win/Loss/Location based system than RPI is.

CDC84
01-03-2018, 08:01 PM
I just get a feeling that the dreadful SDSU loss is going to come back to haunt GU. It was kind of a high risk/low reward game. Florida is a NCAA tournament team, and with UK being as young as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if they win the SEC. Texas A&M will have something to say about it. Villanova has all the makings of a team that will have a #1 seed so long as their guys don't get tired out. They really lack depth. It was a factor in the Butler loss.

WallaWallaZag
01-04-2018, 02:20 AM
I just get a feeling that the dreadful SDSU loss is going to come back to haunt GU. It was kind of a high risk/low reward game. Florida is a NCAA tournament team, and with UK being as young as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if they win the SEC. Texas A&M will have something to say about it. Villanova has all the makings of a team that will have a #1 seed so long as their guys don't get tired out. They really lack depth. It was a factor in the Butler loss.

i don't think it will hurt that bad...true road game and sdsu is usually a much better home team...they actually make a few shots at home while they often go ice cold on the road. of course, they couldn't buy a bucket and lost at home to cal too, so you just never know with them. however, they are currently hovering around a #50 rpi rank and likely won't fall below #100