PDA

View Full Version : Intersquad Scrimmage Last Saturday

Zagfan
10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
The GU women's basketball team split the team up and played an intersquad scrimmage last Saturday, October 20th, and the ladies are looking great. Heather Bowman picked up where she left off last year as the WCC Tournament MVP. She dominated the paint, and was unstoppable on the boards. Senior Rachel Kane lead her team with poise and experience filling it up with nine assists and 7 rebounds. The depth of this years team paired with their athleticism allowed the ladies to push the tempo and play a fun, fast paced game. Three of Gonzaga's returners who sat out last year, Janelle Bekkering, Tiffanie Shives, and Tatri Lorenzo, combined for 46 points. The offensive skill and unselfishness was apparent with the 43 assists that the team tallied. There are certainly a lot of threats on this team, more that the women's team has ever had at one time. One things for sure, they are going to be fun to watch and tough to beat!

BobZag
10-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Those are some gaudy numbers. I'll sit in on Tuesday's practice and watch the Blue-White scrimmage. Should learn more about the team then. Thanks for the report.

WCC
10-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Great stuff can't wait to see them in action. Was the inner squad srimmage open to the plublic? Are there any others....

young julez
10-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Saturday Nov. 3rd is the womens opening event, a blue and white scrimmage along with the alumni game which begins at 4:15. It should be alot of fun and is free also. Great opportunity to get a peek at the 2007-08 team!

BobZag
10-29-2007, 09:55 AM
See you there, young julez?

young julez
10-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Yes I will be there...I have been trying to con someone into the drive, but without much success :(
My youngest daughters HS team has the end of the fall league championships this weekend so I will miss that, but I am very excited to see how the girls look this year.
I will come up and say hi, no cast this time!