PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fishing on Thurs?

GoZAGsMang
01-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Anybody fishing on Thurs?

Thanks and

GoZAGsMang

johno
01-02-2018, 10:44 AM
Anyone know if this will be shown on WCC TV? Perhaps in only certain geographical locations? I don't get ESPNU. Thanks and go Zags!

KStyles
01-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Anyone know if this will be shown on WCC TV? Perhaps in only certain geographical locations? I don't get ESPNU. Thanks and go Zags!

I don't think so.

I believe ESPN has streaming rights nationwide (WatchESPN) for games they're airing.

Skimhvn
01-02-2018, 01:47 PM
I have wanted to ask, what does "fishing" mean?

Once and Future Zag
01-02-2018, 04:03 PM

It means finding a pirate stream of the game.

Skimhvn
01-02-2018, 04:21 PM
It means finding a pirate stream of the game.

Thanks, that's exactly what I imagined.

GoZAGsMang
01-04-2018, 08:35 AM
bump

GoZAGsMang

kitzbuel
01-04-2018, 08:40 AM
It means finding a pirate stream of the game.Or, hopefully, a legitimate stream.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

VaBeachZAG
01-04-2018, 11:56 AM
I don't think so.

I believe ESPN has streaming rights nationwide (WatchESPN) for games they're airing.

Just checked TheW.tv and it is indicating the game will be shown there.

SWZag
01-04-2018, 12:14 PM

I believe they blackout based on geography...?

KStyles
01-04-2018, 12:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/2ZDVF7J.png
(http://www.wccsports.com/ot/upcoming-events.html)

I could be wrong, but it looks like the other 4 Men's games will be streaming on TheW.tv and GU @ Pepp will be streaming on Watch ESPN. It appears to me that the TV network(s) for each game is shown first (ESPN U), followed by the streaming option (Watch ESPN).

We'll find out tonight I guess, but it doesn't make sense to me for ESPN to give up streaming rights to their games (or allow a streaming simulcast) when they already have their own streaming platform.

ZionZag
01-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Be careful of what they indicate...........

ZionZag
01-04-2018, 01:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2ZDVF7J.png
(http://www.wccsports.com/ot/upcoming-events.html)

I could be wrong, but it looks like the other 4 Men's games will be streaming on TheW.tv and GU @ Pepp will be streaming on Watch ESPN. It appears to me that the TV network(s) for each game is shown first (ESPN U), followed by the streaming option (Watch ESPN).

We'll find out tonight I guess, but it doesn't make sense to me for ESPN to give up streaming rights to their games (or allow a streaming simulcast) when they already have their own streaming platform.

Game Tracker and Game Center are the trick......I think Game Center is the video/audio and Gametracker is just the verbiage description of the game only...my stupidity cause me to be very frustrated once

GoZAGsMang
01-04-2018, 01:26 PM
I called them and they said it was only on gametracker(ie show the score not the video)

75Zag
01-04-2018, 02:09 PM

I believe I am the original reason / cause of the use of the "fishing" term. A number of years ago some very nice people on this web site - many of whom are still here - were openly offering / talking / bragging(?) about their ability and willingness to stream copyrighted broadcast materials to fellow GU fans using web sites that have now been closed down for copyright infringement. As it happened, one of my best lawyer friends was simultaneously engaged by an entity I will not name to begin sending "cease and desist" letters to people who were identified as violating the rights of copyright holders of sports programming. Under the circumstances at that time, it seemed prudent to caution the many nice people on this web site to refrain from using words like "streaming" that a "bot" would quickly associate with copyright infringement.

Perhaps the world is different now, but why not be a bit discrete?

Go Bulldogs!

PS - the new enforcement darling of broadcasters is to try and prevent password sharing between those who have legitimate television accounts with "remote access" (such as Dish Network) and their friends, family and children. My daughter Little '75 may or may not have used my Dish Network remote access password to watch GU games from Philly and/or NYC for the past 10 years because she hypothetically could have watched West Coast feeds including Root NW, but it appears that once again - as Bob Dylan said so well - the times they are a chang'in. Peace.

Skimhvn
01-04-2018, 06:14 PM
I believe I am the original reason / cause of the use of the "fishing" term. A number of years ago some very nice people on this web site - many of whom are still here - were openly offering / talking / bragging(?) about their ability and willingness to stream copyrighted broadcast materials to fellow GU fans using web sites that have now been closed down for copyright infringement. As it happened, one of my best lawyer friends was simultaneously engaged by an entity I will not name to begin sending "cease and desist" letters to people who were identified as violating the rights of copyright holders of sports programming. Under the circumstances at that time, it seemed prudent to caution the many nice people on this web site to refrain from using words like "streaming" that a "bot" would quickly associate with copyright infringement.

Perhaps the world is different now, but why not be a bit discrete?

Go Bulldogs!

PS - the new enforcement darling of broadcasters is to try and prevent password sharing between those who have legitimate television accounts with "remote access" (such as Dish Network) and their friends, family and children. My daughter Little '75 may or may not have used my Dish Network remote access password to watch GU games from Philly and/or NYC for the past 10 years because she hypothetically could have watched West Coast feeds including Root NW, but it appears that once again - as Bob Dylan said so well - the times they are a chang'in. Peace.

That's interesting. I'm relieved to hear that people here are approving watching illegally.

TimberZag
01-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Sling.com (sling TV) make sure to choose orange pkg - streams ESPNU.

Free 7 day trial :)