PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game (Santa Clara)

SWZag
12-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Who is your GUnit of the game?

And why?

Seven players in double figures! Perkins and Norvell with near double-doubles with eight assists each!

Final Game Statistics (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2017-2018/gonmbb15.html)

TexasZagFan
12-30-2017, 06:59 PM
Who is your GUnit of the game?

And why?

Seven players in double figures! Perkins and Norvell with near double-doubles with eight assists each!

Final Game Statistics (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2017-2018/gonmbb15.html)

Thanks SW!

My vote goes to Silas, mainly for being the leading scorer.

ZagNative
12-30-2017, 07:00 PM
Had to give my vote to Silas, for his point total and for always being the hardest worker on the team. Love that guy!

Birddog
12-30-2017, 07:03 PM
Melson!

MDABE80
12-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Had to give my vote to Silas, for his point total and for always being the hardest worker on the team. Love that guy!

Certain amount of truth here. Melson has my vote.

seacatfan
12-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Tough call. I could go w/ any of Melson, Perkins or Norvell.

This game was over almost as soon as it started. In the first 2 minutes Perkins was 2-2 behind the arc and had a beautiful dish for an easy bucket, was 8-0 before Santa Clara knew what hit them. Set the tone early.

Reborn
12-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Melson

JPtheBeasta
12-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Melson’s dunk off of two feet was pretty.

Zag_Dad
12-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Melson got my vote. Played very well on both ends of the court. His energy level never dissipates.

tyra
12-30-2017, 08:52 PM
I voted for Jeremy. If this team is going to go any distance post season, it will need its role players to develop and provide meaningful minutes (how many times have we lamented the lack of a back up to Josh?). Tonight Jeremy had a career high (and was 7 for 7 at the charity stripe) and played excellently. We need that. Jeremy played great. He is my GUnit of the game.

thespywhozaggedme
12-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Who is this Larson bloke? C'mon we should be able to spell our own players names correctly

amaronizag
12-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Silas had a great game, but I went with Josh because he responded to his poor performance last game by lighting it up tonight. He played great D, made some spectacular passes for assists, and played under control all night. He set the tone, got the team off to a great start, and the team never let up. They did a great job of taking J3 and Tille out of the game and did a good job on Larsen until he was able to run up some points after their center fouled out. It was a fun game to watch as everybody got a chance to put up shots and they were falling from all over the court. Any time we get 66 shots in the air, it's going to be a win. 4:1 assist to turn-over ratio!!!! Few fouls, and 40 rebounds. WOW, great game by everybody. Loved seeing Jeremy get into double figures. My only complaint is that Jessie didn't put up more shots.

Zag_Dad
12-30-2017, 10:15 PM
Silas had a great game, but I went with Josh because he responded to his poor performance last game by lighting it up tonight. He played great D, made some spectacular passes for assists, and played under control all night. He set the tone, got the team off to a great start, and the team never let up. They did a great job of taking J3 and Tille out of the game and did a good job on Larsen until he was able to run up some points after their center fouled out. It was a fun game to watch as everybody got a chance to put up shots and they were falling from all over the court. Any time we get 66 shots in the air, it's going to be a win. 4:1 assist to turn-over ratio!!!! Few fouls, and 40 rebounds. WOW, great game by everybody. Loved seeing Jeremy get into double figures. My only complaint is that Jessie didn't put up more shots.

Perkins “last game” wasn’t so bad ... he shot 60% from the field, scored 16 points in 32 minutes and had ZERO turnovers.

ZagsGoZags
12-31-2017, 04:22 AM
Melson has such a different impact on game when he is decent from the 3 line. I hope this will raise his 3pt shooting % for the rest of the season.
Melson tonight.

zag67
12-31-2017, 05:16 AM
This one should have Melson and Perkins. Also josh and Zach for point plus 8 assists each. Ball movement was much better and players seemed to find their positions better.

TravelinZag
12-31-2017, 06:14 AM
Melson’s play was superb, but I welcomed Zach back for his scoring and assists. Is Perkins, Melson, Norvell, and Larsen, plus Kispert (if he’s ready) a viable starting Lineup?

Go Zags!

Zagger
12-31-2017, 07:39 AM
Silas :)
Had great seats for the game and got to watch Melsonís overall presence on the floor & bench. Heís a great Zag - good heart, attitude & effort. I feel this wonít be the last game this season that heíll be on top of the GUnit vote :)