12-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Zags drop a line:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Hoopaholic
12-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Fair imo

Goshzagit
12-28-2017, 12:52 PM
honestly, that would be a dream seed & bracket this year.

A great opportunity for 2nd wkend play, and potentially E8.

We could beat everyone of those team, definitely the best pathway of the other (5) seeds.

Goshzagit
12-28-2017, 12:57 PM
if our young guys develop as expected, our old guys begin to value every possession a bit more, and roles more defined, we could sneak our way into the 2nd weekend.

MDABE80
12-28-2017, 01:42 PM
It'll be close Gosh. CBS had us at a 4 seed prior to the SDS game. I haven't seen a new set of Brackets but I'm thinking we're a 5 on CBS as well.
If the defense picks up we will win lots more games. I'm thinking SMC will be a tough pair and BYU's playing very well now.

gonzagafan62
12-28-2017, 01:46 PM
honestly, that would be a dream seed & bracket this year.

A great opportunity for 2nd wkend play, and potentially E8.

We could beat everyone of those team, definitely the best pathway of the other (5) seeds.

That's you're dream set to play a very good UTA team and Miami? Hmmm.... maybe. I don't like our potential vs MSU or Miami though UTA scares me too .... if we did get that I'd trust ya tho

Goshzagit
12-28-2017, 02:34 PM
That's you're dream set to play a very good UTA team and Miami? Hmmm.... maybe. I don't like our potential vs MSU or Miami though UTA scares me too .... if we did get that I'd trust ya tho

As you know, every team is dangerous or "very good" if they are a 12 seed or better in the NCAA's.

I like those match-ups, and while I LOVE UT-A's guards, I think we out score them up front. MSU is #1 seed for a reason, but of the group...ASU, Duke, & Nova, I'd pick Big-10 MSU all day and all night. Pick your poison, but that is our best shot of the four.

Speaking of, any one have a chance to see the Sun Devils play? Damn impressive. Long wingspans at EVERY position, and they are fluid on the court. They fly around, tenacious, and use their talents to their fullest (something I wish we did more often with our unique talents). Bobby Hurley looks like a helluva good coach...or recruiter. Turned it around in 3 seasons, which is usually a good sign. "his" guys now

Honestly, I'd prefer another shot at Nova. I don't like matching up with Duke at all. A trio of 6'11" bigs who can score and streaky but elite guards. Nope.

MSU style we can adjust to and know, but their athletes on the wing and forward position are impressive.

Tough go no matter how you look at it. Yes, I'd rather have TCU as our 4 seed instead of Miami, but I'd take it.

5 seed could be wishful thinking too. I'm feeling more 7 seed-ish.

MDABE80
12-28-2017, 03:26 PM
We run into some elite guards who play good defense and we're out the door. Miami also would be severe for the Zags. I agree with Gosh. I'd love another shot at Nov if we get better in our habits and with defense. We just didn't make shots when we played then and the defense fell apart. Shots were there though. We just didn't make them.

We have 17 more games and a few more months to improve. I hope they're used wisely.