PDA

View Full Version : Kraziness in the Kennel

kazzag
10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Who are you looking forward to seeing play tonight?
New or Old?
Most improved?
Most time in the weight room?
How put together do you think they will play tonight?
I know in the past it is a little rag-tag this early on, how do you think this years team will compare?
Dunk contest winner?

Kazzag

Nevtelen
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Dunk contest winner: Ira! At least I assume so after everything we've been hearing about him this summer...

Most Improved: Maybe Micah. Yeah, he came on strong towards the end of the summer, but without injuries to hold him back and being already (it sounds like) in good form...

Looking forward to most: Hmmm. Tough. Maybe Daye, after all the hype around him. Maybe Theo or Sacre since we might be depending on them down low with Josh not up to full speed.

Weight room - Matt looked pretty buff in the GU tv spot. But I'm sure Ira! takes this one, hands down. Of course, we have no basis for comparison, but still...

I bet the scrimmage will be very rag-tag with all the new pieces being incorporated. I haven't been to a Kraziness in the Kennel (here's to hoping I get in today...), but I bet they'll be a bit more ragged than most years.

TheZagPhish
10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
I haven't been to a Kraziness in the Kennel (here's to hoping I get in today...)

I'm in the same boat but can't get down there until maybe 6:00. Anyone know if I'll even have a chance to get in?

ZaggyStardust
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
There has been very little publicity here in Spokane about this event so I would imagine 6:00 is going to work. Probably depends on how many students show up but remember, a lot of folks don't get off work till 4 or 5 - gotta deal with kids, dinner, babysitters, etc. and I just don't see that huge of a turn out among the non-Zag crazies like us. I may be wrong though so take it for what it's worth!

kazzag
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
you should be fine getting in, I have never seen it filled up, as it is not a widely advertised event. Think the Dan Dikau Classic.

BobZag
10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I'll be focusing on individual talent and the overall/collective talent level. I'm not expecting to see two well-oiled machines out there. It doesn't happen when you divide a team this early, especially when missing two players.

Dunk: Downs
Look forward to: Newcomers
Improved: Downs
Weight room: Matt

The good thing is, the list could be long for Improved, Weight Room and Dunk. They should add a 3-point shooting contest. :) That could get interesting.

RandomZagFan
10-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh man, I can't wait! This will be my first time at the New Kennel:D

I'm looking forward to see the newbies.

Robzagnut
10-26-2007, 10:04 AM
>I just don't see that huge of a turn out among the non-Zag crazies like us.

I'm picking up my boys and some neighborhood kids at 5:30, so we can get in line for the 6:00 opening. They're excited.

Oregon Zag
10-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Okay, you guys. For all of us who can't be there. Please give us details--and more details. Photos wouldn't hurt either.

ZagNative
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing lots of great photos posted here after the game! I'm bringing my camera, but I'm not that thrilled with the quality of photo it takes. Folks close to the floor are duty bound to have their shutters clicking often and share some excellent photos with us

TheZagPhish
10-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Photos are allowed? SU-weet! I'm on it!
http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2002/spider-man2.jpg

lawzag
10-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Loser that I am -- I had planned to bring my camera this morning & there it still sits on the buffet 14 miles from where I sit at my desk :(

Since I won't be going home after work, I will rely on the rest of you to take some good pics! :)

GonzagaGurl08
10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I'll have my camera with me ready to take some good pics. I'll try to get them uploaded pretty quickly tonight too.

ROOFnZAG
10-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey don't expect it to be anywhere near capacity as it has never really filled up half of the arena. I wouldn't doubt if this year is a little larger, but getting here an hour early is more than plenty of time.