• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malastein
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Brian Bowen as a Zag???

The player whose father took a $100K bribe to attend Louisville will not play for that program, but wants to play college ball still and claims to have no knowledge of the money situation. Would you be alright if he wound up on the Zags?
    The only hope we have for a better future is to come together and do everything we possibly can in order to achieve a sustainable existence. Everything else is folly of a broken foundation.
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Malastein View Post
    The player whose father took a $100K bribe to attend Louisville will not play for that program, but wants to play college ball still and claims to have no knowledge of the money situation. Would you be alright if he wound up on the Zags?
    That's a tough one, Mal. Considering the Zags are a Nike school, as opposed to Addidas, I think we'd be ok. He'd likely avoid a media circus that he'd have going to a Power 5 school.

Comment

• Zagger
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Ya might want to ask Few that question. GU has the program it has for variety of reasons but the #1 reason has to do with character. I know little about the Louisville situation and less about Brian Bowen. However, there are lots of fine young athletes Few & Co. can and do recruit. I would surmise that Bowen is not on GU's radar - at the very least not as much as other athletes are.

Families often pay a high price for poor decisions by other family members. If that is the situation with the Bowen family I sure hope 2018 finds them on the road to recovery from that situation. With time and good decisions/actions mistakes can be overcome.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

There are more than 100,000 reasons this would not work....

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          And that's a lot of reasons!

Comment

• Bogozags
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Reality

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
              • Feb 2007

Word!
              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                • Apr 2011

He's overrated. Not a 5-star. If he didn't know what was going on and wanted a look, that's one thing. If it appears he knew, then pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• zag buddy
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2007

The son should not be punished for the sins of the father. Your welcome here young man.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Maybe he's headed for Lithuania.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Maybe he's headed for Lithuania.
                      It wouldn't be surprising.........

Comment

• 007Zag
                        Professional Zag Fan
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by zag buddy View Post
                        The son should not be punished for the sins of the father. Your welcome here young man.
                        Gay Parrish pointed out how BB's "I didn't know" story makes absolutely no sense. He didn't know that his father negotiated a bribe, but still picked Louisville out of the blue? And in interviews, BB said that his relationship with his father is "better than ever", despite the fact that his father's going rogue resulted in him not achieving his stated dream of playing college ball, something he's worked his butt off for for years. And we are also supposed to believe that their relationship is better than ever, despite the fact that BB says they haven't even talked about it. The defense just doesn't pass the smell test.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 007Zag View Post
                          Gay Parrish pointed out how BB's "I didn't know" story makes absolutely no sense. He didn't know that his father negotiated a bribe, but still picked Louisville out of the blue? And in interviews, BB said that his relationship with his father is "better than ever", despite the fact that his father's going rogue resulted in him not achieving his stated dream of playing college ball, something he's worked his butt off for for years. And we are also supposed to believe that their relationship is better than ever, despite the fact that BB says they haven't even talked about it. The defense just doesn't pass the smell test.
                          Anything's possible, considering who's in the White House now.

Comment

• 77Zag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Aug 2007

Lavar Ball has a solution for this young man
                            “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• 77Zag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              Anything's possible, considering who's in the White House now.
                              Careful -- mods don't like this stuff
                              “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

Working...
                              X