PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs San Diego St.....the day after

Reborn
12-22-2017, 07:57 AM
Game Day turned out to be pretty bad. I don't think I made my thread on Game Day either. My bad. I was busy doing fund raising with my grand daughter who plays volleyball. She's a heck of a player too. She plays for Elite Yakima 17 and under and she's 15.

The Day After feels very different than I have ever felt about a Gonzaga Team. I'm not a fan of under performing, but know it happens. The problem with this team is that it's been going on for a long time. I have not seen a complete game from this whole group for a long time. If it's not one thing it's another. In my way of thinking, there is no excuse to not give this game of basketball everything I have every night. If a player can't do that than quit.

I'm tired of hearing how good these guys are. How many pros we have on the team. I am really sick and tired of hearing about "will he play in the NB?" I think that this may be our biggest problem on THIS TEAM. Too many egos, and no team concept. The chemistry to me tells the whole story. There isn't any.

I thought that their lousy play against North Dakota and than IUPUI would wake them up, would wake Few up. Nope. They've gotten worse......I'm tired of giving Perkins so much credit. Doc was right. Please don't tell me that we don't have talent on the bench. Imagine how these guys feel when they see Perkins and now Melson play the way they are playing. Melson can't hit the broad side of a barn. His mechanics suck. I'm shocked that no coach has made him aware of his lack of using his wrist and follow through on his shot. His shot is stiff, and all arms. It's called, Jacking it up.

I'm sure that's enough. The day after does not feel good to me. Something is wrong with this team.

WallaWallaZag
12-22-2017, 08:04 AM
there was something wrong with the team from two years ago around this same point in time and even well into conference play, so there's hope yet...

gonzagafan62
12-22-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm still flippin heated. Play Larsen PLEASEEEEEEEE

TacomaZAG
12-22-2017, 08:12 AM
After reading all the comments this morning, IMHO everyone is making this WAY TOO COMPLICATED............and WAY TOO PERSONAL.

Folks, it's all about the TO's, especially the sloppy, unforced variety. In order for this team to be successful against good or great teams, they need to keep the TO's to 12 or fewer. Make the simple pass, don't dribble it off your foot/knee or simply lose it out of bounds. And for god sakes, knock off the illegal screens.

They have to clean that up, NOW..............Everything else is secondary.

Go ZAGS

Hoopaholic
12-22-2017, 08:13 AM
After reading all the comments this morning, IMHO everyone is making this WAY TOO COMPLICATED............and WAY TOO PERSONAL.

Folks, it's all about the TO's, especially the sloppy, unforced variety. In order for this team to be successful against good or great teams, they need to keep the TO's to 12 or fewer. Make the simple pass, don't dribble it off your foot/knee or simply lose it out of bounds. And for god sakes, knock off the illegal screens.

Go ZAGS

Yep

Might add the 2-3 charges we seem to be getting per game as they are TO

Zagceo
12-22-2017, 08:16 AM

Go ZAGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7zkd0kRS4

WallaWallaZag
12-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Yep

the turnovers are definitely the number one issue...just unfortunate that the pg was the primary culprit (and easy target) in this game as he had been playing excellent and doing better in this regard since the nova game.

TacomaZAG
12-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Yep

Agree Hoop, with a slight caveat. The charges are the result of being aggressive so I can live with 2-3 of those a game. It's the sloppy stuff that gets me yelling at the TV.

Go ZAGS

Goshzagit
12-22-2017, 08:54 AM
Few said it best,

“We’ve just got guys that can’t quite figure that out, and it’s our veterans,” Few said of the turnovers. “And until they want to figure that out and put a little governor on some of their passes and decisions, it’s going to continue to hurt us.”

He understands the TO's are out of his hands, now for his choice of lineups....well...that's another thing. He trusts too much in Perkins-Melson combo even when they consistently threw it away time after time, esp when we had a chance to tie or take the lead....16 chances to be exact.

The lineups that work, say Rui at the 3 vs longer teams, or Larsen at the 5, clearly/obviously/statistical/factually/objectively are MORE EFFICIENT lineups, but he just doesn't feel comfortable enough with either one. Not yet.

His lack of timeout were more than puzzling -- whether it was when we were down by 12 or within 1, no timeout. When we had 4 consecutive TO's and spiraling out of control with zero offense being run, no timeout. When the crowd got out of control after a couple made baskets, no timeout. Almost as if he believed there was nothing we could do.

Also, we seemingly did not know when to zone or M2M. The zone worked but needed to switch it up, then inexplicably, we went to M2M at the end, when foul trouble was an issue and fatigue and them in bonus....I mean WTF, that is blasphemous and the complete opposite of what to do.

Silas seems to talk the talk, but NO ONE is walking the walk, save Larsen playing steady and under control, and that's about it. Gotta let Norvell be Norvell, but Perkins, Silas, J3 are their own worst enemy when we need a bucket.

Melson states,

“Just beating ourselves up,” senior guard Silas Melson said. “Trying to hit home runs instead of singles. If you try to come out and hit home runs, you might find yourself down 11-0 in the first few minutes. Just the way basketball works. We have to hit the singles first before we throw full-court passes and what-not.”

Bingo. Now go out and prove it.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/dec/21/analysis-gonzagas-offense-sputters-in-72-70-loss-t/#/0

SteveAztec
12-22-2017, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't get too down on the Zags. I know you guys are very disappointed and the level your program is at is very high.

Gonzaga did not play well last night (and by the way, neither did the Aztecs).

Even though my Aztecs won last night, I feel Gonzaga is the better team and will finish strong this year and go much further in the NCAA's than Aztecs (if we even get there).

But with that being said...I think you lost to a pretty darn good team on their own floor...in a Super Bowl type game for the Aztecs. Gonzaga had to played very well to win last night.

I think Zag fans should consider this...While the Aztecs are not Villanova, they are...

-8-3

-A very deep and talented team that goes 11 deep (our 11th man is Teki Gil-Cesar who started at guard for Missouri on a very good Mizzu team and he was a freshman at the time).

-We lost to #2 Arizona State but at one point in that game the Aztecs led by near 20 points.

-We played atrocious and lost to Cal by 1. (our worst loss of the year so far)

-We lost to Washington State on a neutral court in a close game. A game that WAZZU shot an outrageous percentage from 3 (46% for the game), including some crazy 3's in clutch time.

The Aztec were coming off our biggest loss and had our backs against the wall last night. The Zags are going to be just fine.

bartruff1
12-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Steve for crying out loud, you don't seem to understand....it is obvious that our coaches can't coach....or players can't play and our fans don't give a damn..... we are screwed....

Congrats on the win and good luck in the Conference....SDS has always been a very good program ....I hope we continue the series..that is a great venue and the fans are terrific...

Zagceo
12-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Steve

Really enjoyed the venue atmosphere and your fan base is happy group. Hope we can keep the series alive.

Mr Vulture
12-22-2017, 10:19 AM
There's always too much overanalysis after a loss. To me, it's pretty straightforward, we played a very poor game and lost. Few points to make:

1. Coach Few knows how to coach so anything to the other side is laughable
2. Perkins and Melson both played terrible games but it's still one game
3. Turnovers are a team wide issue that can be fixed if the players are willing to fix it (haven't shown they can yet)
4. This team will get better as the season progresses IMO
5. We shot poorly the entire game which was compounded by the turnovers

Skimhvn
12-22-2017, 10:20 AM
We want arenas like Viejas Arena in Japan.

Zagceo
12-22-2017, 10:28 AM
There's always too much overanalysis after a loss. To me, it's pretty straightforward, we played a very poor game and lost. Few points to make:

1. Coach Few knows how to coach so anything to the other side is laughable
2. Perkins and Melson both played terrible games but it's still one game
3. Turnovers are a team wide issue that can be fixed if the players are willing to fix it (haven't shown they can yet)
4. This team will get better as the season progresses IMO
5. We shot poorly the entire game which was compounded by the turnovers

stats disagree

Williams 4-8
Tillie 3-6
Norvell 9-18
Rui 4-7

Mr Vulture
12-22-2017, 10:34 AM
stats disagree

Williams 4-8
Tillie 3-6
Norvell 9-18
Rui 4-7

Let me fix this for you....cherry picked stats disagree is what you should have said. As a team they shot 42.4% from the field, 31% from 3pt land, and 64.7% from the freethrow line. I stand by my comments as they are correct.

Under your cherry picked context you may as well have thrown Jesse Wade in there as he was 1 for 1 last night.

zagfan1
12-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Last year NGW bailed Perkins out in clutch situations. This year there is no safety net. Gonzaga goes as Perkins goes and if he continues to turn over the ball expect more losses. If Perkins can permanently reduce the turnovers that will go a long ways in league play and in March.

Zaga
12-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Game Day turned out to be pretty bad. I don't think I made my thread on Game Day either. My bad. I was busy doing fund raising with my grand daughter who plays volleyball. She's a heck of a player too. She plays for Elite Yakima 17 and under and she's 15.

The Day After feels very different than I have ever felt about a Gonzaga Team. I'm not a fan of under performing, but know it happens. The problem with this team is that it's been going on for a long time. I have not seen a complete game from this whole group for a long time. If it's not one thing it's another. In my way of thinking, there is no excuse to not give this game of basketball everything I have every night. If a player can't do that than quit.

I'm tired of hearing how good these guys are. How many pros we have on the team. I am really sick and tired of hearing about "will he play in the NB?" I think that this may be our biggest problem on THIS TEAM. Too many egos, and no team concept. The chemistry to me tells the whole story. There isn't any.

I thought that their lousy play against North Dakota and than IUPUI would wake them up, would wake Few up. Nope. They've gotten worse......I'm tired of giving Perkins so much credit. Doc was right. Please don't tell me that we don't have talent on the bench. Imagine how these guys feel when they see Perkins and now Melson play the way they are playing. Melson can't hit the broad side of a barn. His mechanics suck. I'm shocked that no coach has made him aware of his lack of using his wrist and follow through on his shot. His shot is stiff, and all arms. It's called, Jacking it up.

I'm sure that's enough. The day after does not feel good to me. Something is wrong with this team.

I raise my glass....and say....Tillie Tillie

Your are right on Reborn!

bartruff1
12-22-2017, 11:00 AM
I would much rather see a competitive game in a hostile environment than a 40 point blowout at home....like Calipari says, you can't find out what you have playing Pop Corn Normal........

MontanaCoyote
12-22-2017, 11:08 AM
I raise my glass....and say....Tillie Tillie

Your are right on Reborn!

Cure for HSB (Helter Skelter Basketball) is "Togetherness." That takes Karno/Nigel type leadership. If no one can provide it the team will have to do it en mass...........or else. Here's Hoping!

gueastcoast
12-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Mods: can we get rid of starring threads? People are frustrated with our performances of late and while I'm not personally inclined to pile on certain players/themes, it doesn't mean the points aren't sometimes (often?) valid - and after all, what's the purpose of a discussion board, anyway? To one-star a thread like this is no better than the posts such "ratings" presumably look to criticize.

Goshzagit
12-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Mods: can we get rid of starring threads? People are frustrated with our performances of late and while I'm not personally inclined to pile on certain players/themes, it doesn't mean the points aren't sometimes (often?) valid - and after all, what's the purpose of a discussion board, anyway? To one-star a thread like this is no better than the posts such "ratings" presumably look to criticize.

I 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this.

Great point.

Most posters probably don't even know how to "star" a thread. The rating is pointless, generally controlled and/or decided by one or two posters. Some so-called "1 star" threads are rated by the one poster who may have disagreed or was trolling or simply doesn't like a thread, for whatever reason.

It's not a true rating, as not every participant rates threads or even the posters within that thread.

5 star worthy threads take care of themselves, they should be stickied, or put in hall of fame, or # of replies, etc.

Heck, even rep made more sense than the starred threads feature.

If we did a poll, I bet less than 10% of active posters "rate" threads, or may never have...and that is called bias.

Birddog
12-22-2017, 12:03 PM
I've been on this board since day one and the predecessors almost from the in vitro moment and I've never paid a bit of attention to the stars, I'll bet others, most others in fact, don't pay attention to them either. So, with or without them is OK by me.

GonzaGAW
12-22-2017, 12:55 PM
- I've read it all from last night and today, looking to add a new thought, maybe?

- I think we might collectively be a bit greedy in our expectations. we lost talent like nobodies business (pk, zc, nwg and jm) yet this years team is 4 miles ahead of south Carolina and a mile ahead of Oregon, the other final four non champions.

- those losses have exposed weaknesses we now see. without nwg our execution is not as sharp and our turnovers are up. without a 7 foot rim protecting, legit scorer jw3 rather than being free with a drop off pass or with one defender, now routinely is doubled teamed. (under the circumstances I think he is doing very good)

- in another thread, I said the most crucial player on this years team would be Larson. i.e. could he play 18-20 minutes? could he protect the rim? could he put in 8 a game and grab 6 board? no knock on Larson if he could not, I was just saying that is what this team needs. we need a legit center to protect the rim, take 4 fouls a night (one less each for Tillie and jw3). and give jw3 less double teams to fight thru. so far he is playing 11 minutes with 5 points and 4 rebounds. I'm a huge defender of coach, but I'd like to see what this team would look like in say the next 6 conference games with Larson on the floor 20 minutes.

Zagceo
12-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Let me fix this for you....cherry picked stats disagree is what you should have said. As a team they shot 42.4% from the field, 31% from 3pt land, and 64.7% from the freethrow line. I stand by my comments as they are correct.

Under your cherry picked context you may as well have thrown Jesse Wade in there as he was 1 for 1 last night.

2 Players shot poorly the entire game....team stats are correct

Zagger
12-22-2017, 01:25 PM
They’ll be fine. As much as we’d all like them to win every game ..... that’s pretty darn hard to do. Humans are what they are - one glaring attribute is that we’re all fallible. I’ll be going to the next few home games - and cheering a bit louder & more often. Go Zags! Happy Holidays everyone!

SteveAztec
12-22-2017, 01:37 PM
Steve for crying out loud, you don't seem to understand....it is obvious that our coaches can't coach....or players can't play and our fans don't give a damn..... we are screwed....

Congrats on the win and good luck in the Conference....SDS has always been a very good program ....I hope we continue the series..that is a great venue and the fans are terrific...

I know Bart.

If you think this is bad, you should see the Aztec board after a loss. Very embarrassing.

SteveAztec
12-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Steve

Really enjoyed the venue atmosphere and your fan base is happy group. Hope we can keep the series alive.

Yes CEO...I love Viejas Arena and the atmosphere. It gets a little crazy in there.

San Diego fans are very unique in general. They love their teams but sports isn't life or death to the majority of them. It is just a different mind set in San Diego with most everything in life.

Pleasant Peninsula
12-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Last year NGW bailed Perkins out in clutch situations. This year there is no safety net. Gonzaga goes as Perkins goes and if he continues to turn over the ball expect more losses. If Perkins can permanently reduce the turnovers that will go a long ways in league play and in March.

This. And also, if I can just make a million dollars in the next couple months, I'll be a millionaire come March!

bartruff1
12-22-2017, 01:57 PM
stats disagree

Williams 4-8
Tillie 3-6
Norvell 9-18
Rui 4-7

Those are not cherry picked stats, they are not misleading they are demonstrable facts....teams don't make or miss shots...individuals do....and those individuals did not shoot poorly ...it is pretty simple to see who did...

Mr Vulture
12-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Those are not cherry picked stats, they are not misleading they are demonstrable facts....teams don't make or miss shots...individuals do....and those individuals did not shoot poorly ...it is pretty simple to see who did...

If you want to be real about it, how many of those shots made were the result of a pass by a teammate? It is a team game and the team did not shoot well last night when looking team stats. Picking four guys out that were 50% doesn't show the entire story. I know that Williams had at least two dunks off of passes, I know that Norvell shot poorly for a lot of the game until he made a few shots at the end to bring that up.

Ezag
12-22-2017, 03:11 PM
We'll be fine. Now that preseason is over, the only thing left is this crappy conference. Though we're one major injury away from the NIT

Reborn
12-22-2017, 03:56 PM
If you think that our turnovers are our only problems you are truly trying to not only fool yourself, but you're trying to fool us. Ha ha ha ha h a How funny.

1. Our inability to play defense has nothing to do with turnovers.
2. Our ability to come up with 50/50 loose balls has nothing to do with turnovers.
3. Few not playing Larsen.
4. Putting Norvell on their best scorer and thinking he can guard him.
5. Playing Melson when he's off and when the Zags are in a zone.
6. Not having a back up guard/
7. For whatever reason, the team chemistry IS the main problem of this team. Their is talent. They just don't play together as a team. They are precisely what NO Other Zag team has looked like. What I am watching is not Gonzaga basketball.

This post is not a venting experience. It's just one opinion of what I see. I don't expect everyone to see this, just accept it that some do see it. I am NOT the only one.

I almost forgot about those who enjoy judging some posts as one, two and even 3 star posts. As if we care. Whoever you are, It just shows how immature you are. It also shows how you hide who you truly are by your little one star judgement. Admit it. You're kind is even worse than a chicken.

Zags11
12-23-2017, 03:31 AM
If you think that our turnovers are our only problems you are truly trying to not only fool yourself, but you're trying to fool us. Ha ha ha ha h a How funny.

2. Our ability to come up with 50/50 loose balls has nothing to do with turnovers.
7. For whatever reason, the team chemistry IS the main problem of this team. Their is talent. They just don't play together as a team. They are precisely what NO Other Zag team has looked like. What I am watching is not Gonzaga basketball.

This post is not a venting experience. It's just one opinion of what I see. I don't expect everyone to see this, just accept it that some do see it. I am NOT the only one.

I almost forgot about those who enjoy judging some posts as one, two and even 3 star posts. As if we care. Whoever you are, It just shows how immature you are. It also shows how you hide who you truly are by your little one star judgement. Admit it. You're kind is even worse than a chicken.

People one star threads all the time. Happens to me. Happens to others.

TravelinZag
12-23-2017, 04:02 AM
Reborn is correct in his criticism. This year’s Zags perform and win WHEN they WANT to. Very, very disappointng. Start those players with a will to win, the guts to play, and the commitment to play smart. They have become something I’ve not seen before: brilliant when they want to play, boring when they don’t.

Go Zags - play Zags ball.

jazzdelmar
12-23-2017, 04:17 AM

Bornie, you are on a roll......good stuff.

jazzdelmar
12-23-2017, 05:28 AM
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/sd-sp-sdsu-basketball-3-thoughts-gonzaga-20171222-story.html

It’s easy to forget in this age of 24-hour news cycles and 140-character attention spans that Viejas Arena was once like this every night: sold out and scintillating, engaged and imposing, loud and proud.

Thursday ended a streak of six non-sellouts that not long ago seemed unfathomable. Before that, Viejas had been full for 80 straight men’s basketball games — usually months in advance. The season-ticket wait list approached 1,000. Students lined up, even camped overnight, to collect their 2,500-seat allotment.

There it was in every box score. Att: 12,414.

It took a ranked opponent and an increasingly apathetic student body to be on semester break for that to return. That allowed SDSU to sell student tickets to the general public, and No. 12 Gonzaga was an enticing enough draw for people to pay $40 for an unreserved seat.

The players regained their swagger in the 72-70 win. So did Viejas.

TexasZagFan
12-23-2017, 05:32 AM
If you want to be real about it, how many of those shots made were the result of a pass by a teammate? It is a team game and the team did not shoot well last night when looking team stats. Picking four guys out that were 50% doesn't show the entire story. I know that Williams had at least two dunks off of passes, I know that Norvell shot poorly for a lot of the game until he made a few shots at the end to bring that up.

Idle speculation on my part, but perhaps one of the reasons Zach has a green light has to do with the lesser of two evils: a poor percentage shot is preferable to a turnover, at least you have the chance to get points. Our carelessness with the ball this year has been very un-Zaglike. J3's reticence to pass out of trouble when he picks up his dribble has been a contributing factor.

Every player replacement from last year's team has been a downgrade IMO. Nothing personal about it:

PG: NWG, all-American, replaced by Josh.
SG: Josh Perkins, replaced by Silas, one of the top sixth men in college last year.
SF: Jordan Matthews, graduate transfer, replaced by Zach N, Corey, and others
PF: J3, replaced by Killian
C: Shem/Zach Collins, replaced by J3.

6th Man: Silas replaced by a committee.

That's tremendous upheaval in experience and different roles to learn. Another reason why Few has been so patient this year, he's working off his usual formula: win the WCC, make the Dance.

sullyzag66
12-23-2017, 02:31 PM
I've been on this board since day one and the predecessors almost from the in vitro moment and I've never paid a bit of attention to the stars, I'll bet others, most others in fact, don't pay attention to them either. So, with or without them is OK by me.

Exactly.

DixieZag
12-23-2017, 03:51 PM
While there's no question that the issues on this team are issues, this was just a uniquely haunted game for the Zags. I genuinely believe that had they ever taken the lead in the half, they would have separated, and though we turned the ball over many times in the attempt to do so, we also had a whole lot of shots just not fall that would've done it.

I wouldn't mind pointing out for the record that we made SDS play perfect ball in the last 4:00. Our possessions were near perfect, we scored, and then they executed. They never missed a shot, they never missed a FT. We put a ton of pressure on them in the end and they answered the bell near perfectly.

Yes, the first 35 minutes have a ton of issues that Few of all people needs to break down (and he can point the finger at his upper classmen - who deserve it - but he's also going to have to look at how he managed the game), but the last 5 minutes came down to us putting huge pressure on SDSU and them executing, sometimes with one second left on the shot clock, sometimes hitting both FTs each time. It was impressive.

Ezag
12-23-2017, 04:07 PM
People one star threads all the time. Happens to me. Happens to others.

Adding stars to threads at all is lame and stupid. Opinions maybe like a**holes but adding any star to threads should not even be allowed though to tell you the truth I don't even notice them at all.

Zags11
12-23-2017, 05:38 PM
Adding stars to threads at all is lame and stupid. Opinions maybe like a**holes but adding any star to threads should not even be allowed though to tell you the truth I don't even notice them at all.

I see them only because it's different from a normal thread title.

Bogozags
12-23-2017, 07:04 PM

Reborn I can agree with much of your points; however, stating that Zach played poorly against Mitchell is just not accurate. Mitchell shot 4 for 12 and 3-8 from 3pt land, which is what he normally shoots. After Mitchell hit is first two 3pt attempts, he only made two other baskets the rest of the night. He did get to the line two more times and was 4pts above his average. I watched this match-up and Zach held his own against Mitchell holding him to 20% shooting after his first two threes...

Also, our defence held them to 36% shooting for the game which is well below what they average. We gave up 72 points on the road...don’t think our defence was as bad as you think...

Dorsai62
12-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Reborn I can agree with much of your points; however, stating that Zach played poorly against Mitchell is just not accurate. Mitchell shot 4 for 12 and 3-8 from 3pt land, which is what he normally shoots. After Mitchell hit is first two 3pt attempts, he only made two other baskets the rest of the night. He did get to the line two more times and was 4pts above his average. I watched this match-up and Zach held his own against Mitchell holding him to 20% shooting after his first two threes...

Also, our defence held them to 36% shooting for the game which is well below what they average. We gave up 72 points on the road...don’t think our defence was as bad as you think...

Re: Aztecs 72 Zags 70 Woe is me? A. Isn't this the team that flattened the Jays not so long ago and humiliated the Fuskies? Note: 10% of the time we can! do no wrong, 10% we can do no right 80% is who we are. What about SDSU v GU.? 1. They had ten days to rest up, heal up and scout. The good guys played a rollercoaster ride - a good game followed by a couple of games with the soft part of the schedule (one down and one up) neither typical games. 2. We are still healing up from some injuries (no excuses but hard fact). 3 we have 9 underclassmen in our rotation. (still no excuses) Will the real Zags now stand up. We would far rather get our Mulligans out of the way now rather than in March or April. Unless commentators have better credentials than our current coaching staff, zip it!

TexasZagFan
12-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Re: Aztecs 72 Zags 70 Woe is me? A. Isn't this the team that flattened the Jays not so long ago and humiliated the Fuskies? Note: 10% of the time we can! do no wrong, 10% we can do no right 80% is who we are. What about SDSU v GU.? 1. They had ten days to rest up, heal up and scout. The good guys played a rollercoaster ride - a good game followed by a couple of games with the soft part of the schedule (one down and one up) neither typical games. 2. We are still healing up from some injuries (no excuses but hard fact). 3 we have 9 underclassmen in our rotation. (still no excuses) Will the real Zags now stand up. We would far rather get our Mulligans out of the way now rather than in March or April. Unless commentators have better credentials than our current coaching staff, zip it!

Another presumptuous newcomer using his initial posts to lecture the rest of us...very unZaglike...lol

GoZags
12-24-2017, 02:05 AM
Another presumptuous newcomer using his initial posts to lecture the rest of us...very unZaglike...lol

Other than the last sentence (which seemed a little harsh), I saw nothing wrong with the post ... and I've got a feeling "dorsai62" is anything but a "newcomer" to following Gonzaga Basketball.

TexasZagFan
12-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Other than the last sentence (which seemed a little harsh), I saw nothing wrong with the post ... and I've got a feeling "dorsai62" is anything but a "newcomer" to following Gonzaga Basketball.

You're up early...Merry Christmas to you and your family.

The last time I heard the sentence, "it's a bit harsh", was when Ty was playing through Carl Spackler's abode in Caddyshack.

jazzdelmar
12-24-2017, 03:29 AM

Another shark in the water, GZ? Greg Norman, that you?

Zagceo
12-24-2017, 07:53 AM
or could be security force....

The Dorsai Irregulars, also known as the Dorsai, or just DI (named after a fictional military force appearing in a series of books written by Gordon R. Dickson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_R._Dickson)), are a volunteer security force consisting almost entirely of science fiction (http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Science_fiction) fans

welcome Dorsai

.....but did confirm Norman is 62