PDA

View Full Version : Is Corey Not Healthy Yet? START HIM FEW!!!!!

zagsfanforlife
12-21-2017, 11:42 PM
With all due respect to Zach--- i think he is a great scorer.. this team has not looked the same since Kispert left the starting lineup. The offense ran better, there was more ball movement, better defense, longer stretches of zags runs against opponents and better rebounding. I know Zach has been scoring, but this is the kind of scoring that can be well off the bench. Either that or sit melson and play ZN if you need him to start.

My point is Corey is the kind of all around defense, height, rebounder and shooter we need back in the starting lineup. Not sure what Few is seeing out there, but the team has clearly not been the same since CK has been out as a starter.

gonzagafan62
12-22-2017, 04:59 AM
Yeah this team actually looked like a tourney team (4-5 with kispert) and he team I saw last night wasn't even a tourney team.

jazzdelmar
12-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Norvell has to play max minutes, he's only real threat to score.....so I agree sit Melson and start Kissy....IF he's OK......

Birddog
12-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Kispert's injury has really hurt his lateral movement and it was probably his weak spot pre injury. Matador defense isn't going to cut it. Norvell's D has improved IMO. Also just my opinion, but the coaching staff has to figure out how to give Larsen more time and Perkins less time. There is some talent on this team but getting it all to fit is problematic.

ZagsObserver
12-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Kispert's injury has really hurt his lateral movement and it was probably his weak spot pre injury. Matador defense isn't going to cut it. Norvell's D has improved IMO. Also just my opinion, but the coaching staff has to figure out how to give Larsen more time and Perkins less time. There is some talent on this team but getting it all to fit is problematic.

Iím thinking that Melson, not Perkins, ought to sit a few more minutes. Melson doesnít hit the 3 or outside jumper well enough and causes the d to collapse and gum up the offense. Need the sg to be a shooter.

JAGzag
12-22-2017, 05:48 AM
Norvell has to play max minutes, he's only real threat to score.....so I agree sit Melson and start Kissy....IF he's OK......

Has Few ever benched a senior starter?

thespywhozaggedme
12-22-2017, 05:50 AM
Has Few ever benched a senior starter?

Emac, I think.
But I agree that CK should start over Melson. But I doubt Few will do it.

WallaWallaZag
12-22-2017, 06:53 AM
i'll give few the benefit of doubt without knowing the details of kispert's condition...but i don't understand not giving wade a try since the worst that can happen is that he hurts his shoulder bad enough that he can't play...he isn't playing anyways.

raise the zag
12-22-2017, 06:59 AM
Melson can't hit open shots. Never really has. So deflating, and he gets the most open looks on the team.

FWIW, our biggest runs and best offense was:

Perkins
Norvell
Rui
Tillie
J3 (Larsen for 3 mins too).

We went on a 8-0, and 10-2 run with that lineup.

But NEVER saw it again in 2nd half, heck, we never even saw Larsen again.

Going bigger at SF and C seems to work better for our offense, yet we rarely employ/use it. It was causing all sorts of problems for SDSU too.

Really poor Coaching job by Coach Few last night, lack of time outs, lineups, not exploiting obvious mis-matches, allowing the team to spiral, nor calling plays when we were within 1 pt for nearly 8 mins.

Perkins didn't have a good game but only part of the problem.

kyle dixon
12-22-2017, 07:12 AM
I got it. Letís bench Melson. Senior leader, has contributed on probably the best string of success the Zags have ever had: elite 8, sweet 16, and national champion finalist team. Also single handed lay kept the Zags in the Creighton game in the first half. Got it. Seriously it is one game. Silas can play and contribute. Merry Christmas.

Ezag
12-22-2017, 07:20 AM
Melson can't hit open shots. Never really has. So deflating, and he gets the most open looks on the team.

Melson gets the most open looks because he is not considered a scoring threat by opposing teams

WallaWallaZag
12-22-2017, 07:53 AM
I got it. Let’s bench Melson. Senior leader, has contributed on probably the best string of success the Zags have ever had: elite 8, sweet 16, and national champion finalist team. Also single handed lay kept the Zags in the Creighton game in the first half. Got it. Seriously it is one game. Silas can play and contribute. Merry Christmas.

yes he can, but if he's not playing well and kispert is healthy, you have to consider moving norvell to the 2 with kispert at the 3, or even norvell at the 2 and rui at the 3, though that alignment places even more pressure on perkins to run the offense basically by himself and he's struggling as is...

CDC84
12-22-2017, 12:10 PM
I think Few ought to consider shutting Kispert down until that ankle is 100% healthy. But then it will take several weeks for him to get back into game shape.

cggonzaga
12-22-2017, 01:19 PM
The lack of basketball IQ is shining bright in this thread. Melson played poorly yesterday, it happens to everybody. If you can’t see he’s the glue that holds this team together then I don’t know what to tell you. He’s an excellent defender and does many things well if nothing spectacularly. Believe it or not but not every player can average 20ppg. For being such a poor offensive player to some of you, his numbers sure tell a different story.

Kispert will play when healthy and ready again. The team needs him. He’s not playing confidently like he was at beginning of year either.