• AzZag
    Kennel Club
    • Jun 2008

Ditch the mix tape moves

Perkins was awful.
    Plays no defense.
    Gets beat off the dribble causing others to leave their man
    and we give up an uncontested 3.

Turnover machine. Dribble Dribble Dribble and goes nowhere.
    Shooting terrible. Missing free throws. Fouling at bad times.

I was trying to figure which was worse
    1. The officiating
    2. Perkins game tonight.

Sadly I have to go with Perkins.
    Ditch the And 1 mix tape moves and play the game right.

That team was not better than us. Not even close.

Kell chewed up Perkins all night long.

Let J Will run the point and bench Perkins
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by AzZag View Post
    Perkins was awful.
    Plays no defense.
    Gets beat off the dribble causing others to leave their man
    and we give up an uncontested 3.

Turnover machine. Dribble Dribble Dribble and goes nowhere.
    Shooting terrible. Missing free throws. Fouling at bad times.

I was trying to figure which was worse
    1. The officiating
    2. Perkins game tonight.

Sadly I have to go with Perkins.
    Ditch the And 1 mix tape moves and play the game right.

That team was not better than us. Not even close.

Kell chewed up Perkins all night long.

Kick rocks

Comment

• Zagricultural
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Nov 2012

Pure hyperbole.

Comment

• Saxon_zag
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by AzZag View Post
        um what? lol

Silly thread title but he's been pretty bad ever since the 2nd half of the Texas game where he was atrocious. His jump shot bails him out sometimes but the Point Guard skills are meh. Does anyone really trust him with the ball like you did Nigel? Half as much? Clanks 2 free throws to end the game tonight. He's in his own head bad... No killer instinct and short memory (see Norvell)

Comment

• Zags11
          Banned
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Saxon_zag View Post
          um what? lol

Silly thread title but he's been pretty bad ever since the 2nd half of the Texas game where he was atrocious. His jump shot bails him out sometimes but the Point Guard skills are meh. Does anyone really trust him with the ball like you did Nigel? Half as much? Clanks 2 free throws to end the game tonight. He's in his own head bad... No killer instinct and short memory (see Norvell)
          Goss and Perkins turnovers are nearly identical. Ppg too. Do I think he is better then goss? No.

But the over exaggeration on Perkins is old.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

And he has no one to back him up. I have been harping on this all season. Melson can't run the offense, and Wade is injured and has been away from organized ball for too long. So when Perkins has a game like hell, Few can't sit him for five minutes to get his head straight. He has to stick with him.

Comment

• Zags11
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
              And he has no one to back him up. I have been harping on this all season. Melson can't run the offense, and Wade is injured and has been away from organized ball for too long. So when Perkins has a game like hell, Few can't sit him for five minutes to get his head straight. He has to stick with him.
              We are going to live or die with him. He isn't as bad as ppl like to talk on here. However when he isn't having a good game, we can't survive without him.

Comment

• Saxon_zag
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
                Goss and Perkins turnovers are nearly identical. Ppg too. Do I think he is better then goss? No.

But the over exaggeration on Perkins is old.
                Come on man. He was horrible tonight. He was horrible in the Texas game and made a play that JV high school point guards know not to make at the end of a game to give Texas the shot to tie. He doesn't deserve personal attacks but people can make the observation that his play is not what you would call "heady" from a PG at all and his bad play seems to snowball.

Free Jesse Wade for 10-15 mins a game and you can even let Perkins play the off guard he seemed more comfortable at IMO.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Keep in mind his stats before this game. 2 for 1 A/T ratio. High shooting percentages from three and from the field. But I worry about him come late February. He's going to end up playing a ton of minutes.

Comment

• Zags11
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Saxon_zag View Post
                    Come on man. He was horrible tonight. He was horrible in the Texas game and made a play that JV high school point guards know not to make at the end of a game to give Texas the shot to tie. He doesn't deserve personal attacks but people can make the observation that his play is not what you would call "heady" from a PG at all and his bad play seems to snowball.

Free Jesse Wade for 10-15 mins a game and you can even let Perkins play the off guard he seemed more comfortable at IMO.

The Washington Post Sports section provides sports news, video, scores, analysis and updates about high school, college, and pro sports teams, including the Capitals, Nationals, Washington Football Team, United and Wizards. Post Sports also offers blogs and discussions about the latest sports news.

I see about 4-5 more losses and a sw16 exit if goss had this team instead of last yrs team. Some bad games. However he had the squad to back it up. Perkins doesn't.

Comment

• Zags11
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                      Keep in mind his stats before this game. 2 for 1 A/T ratio. High shooting percentages from three and from the field. But I worry about him come late February. He's going to end up playing a ton of minutes.

The Washington Post Sports section provides sports news, video, scores, analysis and updates about high school, college, and pro sports teams, including the Capitals, Nationals, Washington Football Team, United and Wizards. Post Sports also offers blogs and discussions about the latest sports news.

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Lose to wvu in sw16 if he Perkins.
                        10pts. 2-10 shooting. 5 turnovers and 2 assists.

4pts. 2-9 shooting vs Portland. 3 ass and 1 to.

9pts. 4-13 shooting vs SDSU

15pts. 5-17 shooting vs NC

9pts. 3-12 shooting vs SDSU on 2nd game of yr. 3 assists and 4 turnovers.

15pts. 3-11 shooting vs Portland at home.

20pts. 6-19 shooting vs NW.

11.7ppg on 27.4% shooting.

Team record 6-1. If you think we go 6-1 with Perkins doing that? Your high. Probably 2-5.

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

I don't think some folks are aware that Jesse still isn't well physically. That is part of the reason he isn't getting much run. That and the fact that he has not played much organized ball since the Civil War.

Comment

• gonwick
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Mar 2008

Rough stretch for zags and Josh. I can't remember fast forwarding as many games as I have in a row. Painful to watch. I think some of the frustration re Josh vs Nigel, despite some stats similar, is that it feels like Josh's errors are unforced, while Nigel's came from forcing things. Josh is good for 1 to 2 turnovers per game thst involve loose handles, needless no look passes to nowhere, silly post entry passes, etc. Nigel made some of these too, but not as many. This team is in desperate need of a point guard for back up minutes. I am worried for next year. Ayayi, wade, and the kid whose other offer was smc, and Josh as a 5th year sr. Not sure how that will go. Josh, as always, needs to make the simple plays. I'd be happy if he'd just stop dribbling off himself and looking away for EVERY pass. Seems like a nice kid, hard to watch.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2007

I think as a whole that was one of the worst games i have ever seen since i started following in 1998. Absolutely pathetic effort against a really really bad team.

Comment

Working...
                              X