PDA

View Full Version : ROAD TO BOISE

75Zag
12-19-2017, 10:30 PM
How does GU get to Boise?
Do we care? Is San Diego just as good?
Are we ok with Dallas, Nashville, Detroit, Charlotte, Wichita or Pittsburgh?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Go Bulldogs!

TexasZagFan
12-20-2017, 03:17 AM
How does GU get to Boise?
Do we care? Is San Diego just as good?
Are we ok with Dallas, Nashville, Detroit, Charlotte, Wichita or Pittsburgh?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Go Bulldogs!

Dallas would be great! I've got a couple of great locations for alumni get togethers.

However, I'd rather see the Zags playing closer to Spokane...it's 2000 miles from Spokane to Dallas. I'd rather they stay away from Texas until San Antonio.

TravelinZag
12-20-2017, 03:19 AM
First, GU needs a ticket, with as high a seed as possible. Second, the location is less important than the competition for the initial weekend. Despite the committee's best efforts, all sites are not equal. A couple will be tougher than the others, and a couple easier. How the other teams "match up" with the Zags counts more than their apparent talent. For the team, the private plane offsets much of the difference in distance. For the PNW Zag fans, the closer the better and cheaper. However, Zag fans "travel well" which ensures a good crowd, augmented by a growing national fan base. Everyone loves an underdog, and respects a record of success with a clean program. The tough part is getting the tickets and travel arrangements without a second mortgage. If fans are not attending all sessions, a warmer client is a plus, and presents fewer problems with travel. Snow can create havoc. Consider leaving a day early for Pittsburgh or Detroit.

Other than that, go if you can and pack your voices, enthusiasm and your pride in the Zags for as far as the can go.

Go Zags!

Birddog
12-20-2017, 03:38 AM
For the team, the private plane offsets much of the difference in distance.

All travel arrangements are handled by the NCAA. They employ a company located in Waterloo Iowa to do it all.
http://wcfcourier.com/business/local/march-madness-crazy-time-for-local-company-arranging-travel-for/article_9287a073-db3c-546b-b034-1aada4f51625.html

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-20-2017, 04:57 AM
Zags vs Shockers in Wichita, I’m calling it now. That would mean Shockers a protected 1-4 seed and Zags the underdog.

I actually would love to see these teams meet in the tourney but preferably in the Final Four.

TexasZagFan
12-20-2017, 05:17 AM
Zags vs Shockers in Wichita, I’m calling it now. That would mean Shockers a protected 1-4 seed and Zags the underdog.

I actually would love to see these teams meet in the tourney but preferably in the Final Four.

Under your scenario, they wouldn't meet until the second weekend. The site will not be Wichita.

MontanaCoyote
12-20-2017, 07:35 AM
I'm more worried about the end of the road. Might be a short trip unless we solve the TO3P Penetration Blues.

gu03alum
12-20-2017, 07:41 AM
Back in May I bought a ticket to the games in Boise and a plane ticket. I hope I'm rewarded with my faith in GU getting a high seed.

bartruff1
12-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Back in May I bought a ticket to the games in Boise and a plane ticket. I hope I'm rewarded with my faith in GU getting a high seed.

WOW...it must be wonderful to be so young and optimistic.....I am so old I buy toilet paper by the roll....

sittingon50
12-20-2017, 10:07 AM
WOW...it must be wonderful to be so young and optimistic.....I am so old I buy toilet paper by the roll....

Wow! You get to use toilet paper?

23dpg
12-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Zags vs Shockers in Wichita, I’m calling it now.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve seen this expression on this board in the last week. Is Skip Bayless on this board?

(No offense Flex, just odd to me)

bartruff1
12-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Yup Sitt....my doctor is the CEO of Confluence Health and he only practices medicine one afternoon a month....very busy man...

I have a annual physical and he always reassures me that I don't have to worry about colon cancer or prostrate cancer or blindness or dementia....or any of those age related diseases ....not to worry he says...

"Hell, you will be dead before those are problems...."

"Gee that is great," I say.....thanks...."I'll see you next year...."

"Maybe," he says....

KStyles
12-20-2017, 12:56 PM
Under your scenario, they wouldn't meet until the second weekend. The site will not be Wichita.

Assuming higher seeds win the first games of the weekend, 1/2/3/4 seeds would play the 8/7/6/5 seeds in the second game of the first weekend.

Zagnificent
12-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Dallas would be preferred. Thank you.
- Dr. J in Austin, TX

TexasZagFan
12-20-2017, 02:40 PM
Assuming higher seeds win the first games of the weekend, 1/2/3/4 seeds would play the 8/7/6/5 seeds in the second game of the first weekend.

You think that the Zags are a 5 seed, or lower?

TexasZagFan
12-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Dallas would be preferred. Thank you.
- Dr. J in Austin, TX

If they make it to the Final Four, I'll see you in San Antonio, though I might stay in Fredericksburg. OTOH, I have a niece who now lives in Wimberly, though I wouldn't want to impose on her and her new husband.

KStyles
12-20-2017, 02:48 PM
You think that the Zags are a 5 seed, or lower?

For them to end up in Wichita, yes.

As a 1-4, I'd think they'd get Boise or San Diego.

btzag
12-20-2017, 03:17 PM
I think with this group a 5 seed or worse would be a major major disappointment. Just too talented to be outside of the top 16 teams in the country. Hopefully they prove it against SDSU and in the WCC...

DixieZag
12-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Handy formula

Losses=L
Seed = S

If L<5, S=L

If L>5, S=L(2)-1.5 [Assume WCC Championshp]

If L=5, then S=8 bc CBS = $$$

KStyles
12-21-2017, 04:14 PM
For them to end up in Wichita, yes.

As a 1-4, I'd think they'd get Boise or San Diego.

I just realized that Wichita State is the host institution in Wichita, so the scenario of GU playing Wichita State there is out before we even get to seeding.