PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-IUPUI

Section 116
12-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Random recall from post game radio. Tillie and J3 did not start because Few was not pleased with the effort against UND.

Jeremy Jones on post game: I'm feeling great. After that game against UND we got the message from the staff. They wanted us to play hard and clean up those offensive rebounds. I'm getting more and more comfortable and I have great players around me so that makes it easier. You want the coaches to trust you as a player and the other night when we were down by double digits I just tried to come in and so what the coaches wanted. We really wanted to limit 3 point shooting and we did pretty good tonight but we will have to do better Thursday. We have two days of prep and we really hope to be locked in and ready to go.

Back to random thoughts. Hudson and Morrison noted having Hachimura and Larsen to come in and start was not like Few was looking to the end of the bench at the 10 and 11 guys and thrusting them into the starting lineup. Both of those guys have given good minutes to date. Michaelson out of the locker room confirmed and said Few wanted to send a message if you don't play hard we have someone who will. Michealson noted J3 and Tillie responded as hoped as Tillie went for a career high of 27 and a perfect 10-10 from the line. J3 put up 17 and 14 in 26 minutes. Hudson noted the whole team must have gotten the message noting early in the game Perkins virtually went swimming across the floor trying to retrieve a loose ball. Michaelson said Perkins is making three point shots every way this year, in transistion, off the pass you name it and after 11 games Perkins is at 50% from three for the year. Staff is really pleased with Larsen and did not expect him to be where he is at this point of the season, to the fact Michaelson said Larsen is now the best passing big man on the team. Michaelson also said it is very weird to have have a college basketball team to have a ten day break at this point in the season and that is what San Diego St has had now. That has allowed several of their players who were injured or dinged to heal up and they are at full strength. SDS in probably in the top three toughest places to play in the west along with Arizona and GU, and expects a tough test down there. GU shot lights out tonight, 68% from the floor, 44% from three and 86% from the line. Zags held IUPUI to 23% from three which is what the coaches were harping on since the UND game. Tillie and Williams combined for 44 points and 18 rebounds and Jesse Wade's late three put the Zags over the century mark. Also of note GU turned the ball over 17 times, not good. That's it!

billyberu
12-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Not for nothing, but this is always one of my favorite post-game threads. Appreciate your diligence and consistency.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Thanks Section

FuManShoes
12-19-2017, 04:15 AM
Not for nothing, but this is always one of my favorite post-game threads. Appreciate your diligence and consistency.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It really is invaluable. Thanks, Section!

And Iím trying to remember the last time Few benched starters as a lesson. The message certainly got through, so nice move.

TexasZagFan
12-19-2017, 06:28 AM
It really is invaluable. Thanks, Section!

And I’m trying to remember the last time Few benched starters as a lesson. The message certainly got through, so nice move.

First time that I can recall that. I think once will be sufficient.

kitzbuel
12-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Heister and team made mention about how well this team values the ball compared to last year's.

It seemed like Shem was diving on the floor or scrambling after a loose ball every game and it was contagious. He wanted the ball more than he wanted a healthy back.

It would be nice to see that same kind of desperation in this team, see them deathly afraid of losing the ball.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

sittingon50
12-19-2017, 10:48 AM
There was a play I vividly remember back in K1 where the visitor's lost possession on their way up court & from foul line to foul line all 5 Zags left their feet & at least got a hand on the ball.

Would like to see more of that.

jazzdelmar
12-19-2017, 10:56 AM
There was a play I vividly remember back in K1 where the visitor's lost possession on their way up court & from foul line to foul line all 5 Zags left their feet & at least got a hand on the ball.

Would like to see more of that.

Those were pre Millennials

MontanaCoyote
12-19-2017, 11:25 AM

Whoa!

jazzdelmar
12-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Whoa!

Problem?

GrizZAG
12-19-2017, 06:54 PM

You are BAD Jazz, but that was pretty funny :)

ZagsGoZags
12-19-2017, 07:26 PM
This is greatly appreciated 116:
I know it takes some time to put together, and info not found anywhere else sometimes.