PDA

View Full Version : Zags dangerous team

zag buddy
12-18-2017, 11:20 AM
We appear to be a dangerous team so far but not a good to great team. We have to many inconsistency's to be great. It will be very interesting to see if the coaches can fix these holes. The most glaring to me is not being able to stop the penetration to the rim . Good athletic teams will exploit this hole or score or foul some players out of the game.

slickguser
12-18-2017, 11:36 AM
not a good to great team.

Are you really saying that the #12 team in the nation is not "good". I mean, I have high expectations for the team, but that sounds extreme.

zag buddy
12-18-2017, 11:38 AM
I was thinking more of the NCAA tournament and our prospects of advancing.

zag67
12-18-2017, 11:42 AM
I agree slick. This team is good and has the "potential" of being really good or even great. They need to really work on the help defense. They are young and not doing as good support as I think they can. As that improves, I think we are going to really be excited about this team. Also on the half court offense, they need to keep working on the positions to be as the ball is moving. There are too many times where it gets cluttered with too many people in the same area. If they keep working on getting more spread out the offense will also be better. I like our full court press for taking time off the clock.

Mantua
12-18-2017, 11:47 AM
They have some time to work out the kinks and gain more confidence. I don’t the Sweet Sixteen is out of reach, but further than that depends on team development, individual development and luck.

TheOtherGreatOne
12-18-2017, 01:42 PM
A little off tread but I would like to make a prediction about the ncaa tournament. The first #1 seed to loose, will be Villanova. Except for the year they won it all, they have flamed out with a big choke job and I see this year as being no different, early flame out. They had 3 guys that had career days when they played us. Check out the box the very next game they played more like their normal game. You heard it first right here Villsnove first #1 to loose in this year's tournament.

MontanaCoyote
12-18-2017, 03:34 PM
We appear to be a dangerous team so far but not a good to great team. We have to many inconsistency's to be great. It will be very interesting to see if the coaches can fix these holes. The most glaring to me is not being able to stop the penetration to the rim . Good athletic teams will exploit this hole or score or foul some players out of the game.

Missing The Mountain In The Middle.

gonzagafan62
12-18-2017, 04:18 PM
A little off tread but I would like to make a prediction about the ncaa tournament. The first #1 seed to loose, will be Villanova. Except for the year they won it all, they have flamed out with a big choke job and I see this year as being no different, early flame out. They had 3 guys that had career days when they played us. Check out the box the very next game they played more like their normal game. You heard it first right here Villsnove first #1 to loose in this year's tournament.

Sounds like Gonzaga haters

seacatfan
12-18-2017, 08:13 PM

Did you see the Temple game? Spellman and Brunson went off, both of whom were fairly quiet against the Zags. DiVincenzo also had an off game against GU. So...maybe it evens out a bit. Most good teams have a variety of players that can step up from game to game.