PDA

View Full Version : Nice read on Josh Perkins

DagsZags
12-14-2017, 03:40 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/12/14/what-ato-watch-thisweekend-college-basketball/951504001/

I think I always want to make the home run play, every time, Perkins told USA TODAY Sports. I want to go up to bat and swing as hard as I can. But Im learning, its about singles.

Perkins has a tendency to waver between Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Some days, like against the Huskies, hes terrific. And then there are times he plays like he did against Villanova, when he shot 4-for-13 including 1-for-7 from three and threw the ball away five times.

I feel it, and its what you live for for the team to need you, Perkins said. When I hear my teammates say stuff like, Take care of the ball, take a better shot, it means more. These guys are playing for me, and Im playing for them. Thats the culture here, thats why weve been successful because we keep each other accountable.

Radbooks
12-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Great find, thanks!

buenaparkzag
12-14-2017, 04:16 PM
Good for Perkins.
Good for the Zags.
Josh will finally shine this year.
Go Zags!

sittingon50
12-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Thanks DZ.

MDABE80
12-14-2017, 05:55 PM
Very nice this maturity! Great post!

bartruff1
12-14-2017, 07:38 PM
Doesn't Perkins have all the cards ??? If it is true that he will graduate this year....... he could turn pro and make some money... he could transfer and play next season .....probably for any school he chooses.... and get a graduate degree.....or he could play another year at Gonzaga...... and get a graduate degree....pretty nice hand to hold...

RenoZag
12-14-2017, 08:09 PM
The comments from Coach and JP re: making the simple play and valuing the ball , were music to this fan's ears.

I know the team lacks seasoning but the talent level is second-weekend-of- the-Big- Dance level, maybe higher.

If the team stays healthy, I think they can challenge for an Elite 8. After that, it's a crap shoot.

zagfan24
12-15-2017, 06:01 AM
Perkins has had quite the rollercoaster at GU. High profile recruit to devastating (physically and mentally) injury to position change and back. So, yes, he's a redshirt junior but he hasn't really had the type of continuity that helps hone leadership and consistency. I think Josh is getting noticeably better this season already and will continue to do so. The difference between this team when he is on and off the court is pretty staggering.

MileHigh
12-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Doesn't Perkins have all the cards ??? If it is true that he will graduate this year....... he could turn pro and make some money... he could transfer and play next season .....probably for any school he chooses.... and get a graduate degree.....or he could play another year at Gonzaga...... and get a graduate degree....pretty nice hand to hold......I dont know about holding all the cards, but he does have all those options due to the redshirt year and his graduating with a year of eligibility left