PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 12/14/17 Zags @ 5.

MDABE80
12-14-2017, 10:02 AM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Markburn1
12-14-2017, 10:10 AM
St. Marys. Hello?

They aren't even listed in First four out or Next four out.

Slight? Or deserved?

zag944
12-14-2017, 10:17 AM
I may be wrong but I think its more of a current resume thing than a prediction. 66 rpi, 178 sos, and no wins against the top 100. I think deserved for now.

Francis The Goat Brother
12-14-2017, 10:21 AM
St. Marys. Hello?

Slight? Or deserved?

Deserved. They lost to Georgia and Washington state lmao nitty gritty numbers are terrible just like their defense.

TexasZagFan
12-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Deserved. They lost to Georgia and Washington state lmao nitty gritty numbers are terrible just like their defense.

Nothing worse than being dissed by Francis...sure to be bulletin board material for the Gaels.

rennis
12-14-2017, 10:52 AM
nothing about that draw would be good

Hoopaholic
12-14-2017, 11:01 AM
I may be wrong but I think its more of a current resume thing than a prediction. 66 rpi, 178 sos, and no wins against the top 100. I think deserved for now.

Purdue has a bad loss and is seated above us......cant explain that other than love fest

IowaSERE
12-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Our seed will be within one of our loss total. I dont see us losing 2 more games this year. We end up a 3 IMO.

Does anyone with better research skills than me, have the loss total vs our final seed for the last 10 years or so?

cbbfanatic
12-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Purdue has a bad loss and is seated above us......cant explain that other than love fest

this board focuses too much on loss avoidance vs high-end win acquisition

purdue has beaten maryland, zona, marquette, louisville and northwestern --- all have the potential to be top 50 ooc wins (or better) when the season shakes out. that's worth a lot, or should be

there's also clearly some element of projection to it.

MDABE80
12-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Good wins to be sure. Our schedule for really good wins is quite limited. SO far we have a few. We los have 1 very bad loss to Nova. Florida? Not sure what to make of it...quite the show we put on though.

We'll see how it works out but all we can do is win the rest of the schedule. AND look very strong doing it.

TexasZagFan
12-14-2017, 01:09 PM
St. Marys. Hello?

Slight? Or deserved?

Unless they win the WCC tournament, they're likely to see Dayton, then jet off to Charlotte should they win the play in game. Bennett signed his extension at the right time.

willandi
12-14-2017, 02:19 PM
So the Zags lose to the #1 ranked team, in their home away from home, and drop a seed?

dhozagfan08
12-14-2017, 03:05 PM
It has to be projections based on talent, not resume. Look at Kentucky and tell me who they have beaten? Kansas? It's too early in the season to make a real bracket based on resume.

jimmycarter
12-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Only three teams from the PAC-12. And Texas gets Creighton in the first round. Hmmmmm....

Goshzagit
12-14-2017, 08:08 PM
If the season ended today, we are seeded far too low.

Our resume is a 2 or 3 seed relative to others on the board, yet they must be "projecting" to end of season.

Annnnddddd, why is Wichita St a #1 seed? They really have become the Golden Child of media perception.

Wich St lost to Notre Dame, who lost to Ball St the game after.

Xavier, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, Seton Hall, Virginia, TCU, et al are all seeded higher with far less resumes, schedules, and wins/accomplishments.

If they aren't taking in account their future conference schedule, then this is all a bunch of cockamamie...probably is anyway, at least seed lines.

Lunardi solid at selecting the field though.

jazzdelmar
12-15-2017, 03:29 AM
So the Zags lose to the #1 ranked team, in their home away from home, and drop a seed?

Optics......a beat down, voters don't care for that.

WallaWallaZag
12-15-2017, 03:51 AM
If the season ended today, we are seeded far too low.
Our resume is a 2 or 3 seed relative to others on the board, yet they must be "projecting" to end of season.
Annnnddddd, why is Wichita St a #1 seed? They really have become the Golden Child of media perception.
Wich St lost to Notre Dame, who lost to Ball St the game after.
Xavier, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, Seton Hall, Virginia, TCU, et al are all seeded higher with far less resumes, schedules, and wins/accomplishments.
If they aren't taking in account their future conference schedule, then this is all a bunch of cockamamie...probably is anyway, at least seed lines.

unfortunately the selection process still strongly utilizes rpi as one component, so that is what lunardi also uses...and explains most of the teams seeded above gonzaga in your list above (zags are around 35-40 rpi range i believe)

cbbfanatic
12-15-2017, 11:49 AM

i'd say GU still holds that mantle...