PDA

View Full Version : Withers: GU/UW

sittingon50
12-12-2017, 03:51 PM
http://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/313124/zagshuskies-with-vocals-by-sonny-and

Don't know if "bombshell" is too strong of a word, but some info in there that may come as a surprise.

TexasZagFan
12-12-2017, 04:17 PM
You talking about the "opt-out"?

bartruff1
12-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Few can really be a arrogant jerk....how he can say that with a straight face is beyond me.....with the krap he schedules in the Kennel...

thebigsmoove
12-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Few can really be a arrogant jerk....how he can say that with a straight face is beyond me.....with the krap he schedules in the Kennel...

Hes not necessarily wrong about the garbage the huskies have been putting together for the last several years. I think Hopkins is a better coach than Romar, but whether he can recruit remains to be seen.

I do think UW should stay on the schedule...so should WSU. Id much rather have home and homes with them than play North Dakota, Texas Southern, IUPUI, Incarnate Word, and Howard.

Id also really like to restart our series with Xavier, Butler, Memphis and Notre Dame too.

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 05:23 PM

Lmao really? We can't schedule every game as a "major game" you have to have cupcakes to test rotations, starting lineups and give players expirience. A jerk is way too far. Over the line. It is about Top 25-50 wins. That's why we travel to the preseason tournaments ever year. We scheduled the entire big 12 in 2013, tried Colorado State in 2014 when eustachy was head coach in the kennel, did butler, West Virginia, SMU, San Diego State.... Played Nova in MSG.... we've started revamping our schedule as of late... even in the kennel. Hell we just played #25 Creighton for Christ sakes. Oh and don't get me going about Memphis. Not our fault some of these teams after really good years turned sour.

We don't need Washington right now and they don't need us. They get plenty of chances in Pac12. Would I like to play washington, Washington state and EWU every year? Sure but that would take out some of the sheer cupcakes we need. We we have to get some other guys expirience also going into conference play in case of injury...

A jerk? Hardly.

Smart? Yes.

We need to build our resume like 2013, 2015, and 2017 or we don't get a high seed. He recognizes this. This committee is not like it was in 2005. You need wins or they don't respect you. Plain and simple. Washington and Washington state hardly adds anything at this moment

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Washington is 127 on Ken Pom.

That's worse than East Tennessee State, Lipscomb, South Dakota State, UNC Greensboro, Louisiana Lafayette, Ball State, College of Charleston, Rutgers, Murray State, Towson, DePaul, South Dakota, Bucknell, Jacksonvillle State, Mercer, Albany and several other Better mid major teams like Valpo, Wyoming, etc.

Washington adds as much value as a cupcake. We were trying to add a premier game with that slot.

Washington has added nothing. Bum flippin hiss

thebigsmoove
12-12-2017, 05:35 PM

That's worse than East Tennessee State, Lipscomb, South Dakota State, UNC Greensboro, Louisiana Lafayette, Ball State, College of Charleston, Rutgers, Murray State, Towson, DePaul, South Dakota, Bucknell, Jacksonvillle State, Mercer, Albany and several other Better mid major teams like Valpo, Wyoming, etc.

Washington adds as much value as a cupcake. We were trying to add a premier game with that slot.

Washington has added nothing. Bum flippin hiss

So since Washington is a cupcake right now, why not continue to schedule #127 instead of #259 North Dakota, #272 Incarnate Word, #264 IUPUI, #213 Texas Southern, and #340 Howard.

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 05:47 PM
So since Washington is a cupcake right now, why not continue to schedule #127 instead of #259 North Dakota, #272 Incarnate Word, #264 IUPUI, #213 Texas Southern, and #340 Howard.

Did you not read my post above that one? You need around 5 games to test rotations see what offenses and defenses work in certain situations against obvious win competition. THE DIFFERENCE IS: You want two or three of those games to be games against teams that could win their conference and win close to 20 games. Texas Southern which is the obvious example here could easily win their conference and finish with 20 wins and be in the tournament. North Dakota finished with 22 wins last year and made the tournament, Texas southern finished with 23 wins and made the tournament. Incarnate Word and IUPUI were supposed to be much improved. That's what helps the RPI. Teams that have 20-25 wins rather than Washington that finished with 9 wins... OUCH!

Playing a game against a potential tournament team is MUCH better to me than playing one that isn't going to sniff it.

krozman
12-12-2017, 05:49 PM

That's worse than .....

I'm guessing you could name 126 teams, unless you exclude GU then 125. :clap:

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm guessing you could name 126 teams, unless you exclude GU then 125. :clap:

Last year North Dakota would've been a better win than Washington. Could be the case this year also

Zagceo
12-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Washington requires home and home...

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 06:02 PM

That too. If we must absolutely play them I'd rather play them on the road every single year.. helps our RPI slightly more. But that's also not fair to our fans, players and basketball in general

tenniszag
12-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Last year North Dakota would've been a better win than Washington. Could be the case this year also

We also donít have to play True Road Games against North Dakota, IUPUI, etc. We obviously did well this season at UW but True road games against 100+ RPI teams is all risk with no reward. Why schedule it when itís optional...unlike all of our WCC Road games.

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 06:10 PM
We also don’t have to play True Road Games against North Dakota, IUPUI, etc. We obviously did well this season at UW but True road games against 100+ RPI teams is all risk with no reward. Why schedule it when it’s optional...unlike all of our WCC Road games.

Oh I'm not disputing that at all. All I was saying is if you can get them at your house and replace Washington as one of your "Premier games" of the OOC and schedule someone tougher it'll be better...they'll never replace the cupcakes that could turn out to be great wins

johno
12-12-2017, 07:03 PM
"This was a reunion of the Zags and official Verne Harris, who did the 2017 NCAA title game against Carolina. Harris is a highly respected ref who had a terrible night on the championship stage."

So that's two Foulfests we've been subjected to with this guy. Does the NCAA really want the best players on the bench in a final four game? Why have this guy officiate important games with his history of having a quick whistle?

willandi
12-12-2017, 07:06 PM
"This was a reunion of the Zags and official Verne Harris, who did the 2017 NCAA title game against Carolina. Harris is a highly respected ref who had a terrible night on the championship stage."

So that's two Foulfests we've been subjected to with this guy. Does the NCAA really want the best players on the bench in a final four game? Why have this guy officiate important games with his history of having a quick whistle?

It makes you wonder who he is highly respected by!

WallaWallaZag
12-12-2017, 07:14 PM

this...all the other low rpi games are home games with no return needed. if you're going to go on the road, you want it to be neutral or against a top 25 type team where you won't get dinged if you lose. road games against bad or mediocre teams are the worst games to play in all of college bb. there will be many more "portland state" games if you have to play those on the road...just look at all the years the zags struggled at usf even when they weren't very good.

amaronizag
12-12-2017, 07:24 PM
When I played, no celebration was ever allowed when you scored or beat your opponent in any aspect of the game. I got jacked up, but never showed emotion. But when the buzzer sounded at the end of the game Sunday, and I saw defeat on the faces of all those UW starters GU tried so hard, but failed to recruit, I let out a warhoop that scared the crap out of my dog. :-) Well, it was a special moment. Sorry, I got all emotional there for a minute.

JPtheBeasta
12-12-2017, 07:54 PM
It makes you wonder who he is highly respected by!

Whistle manufacturers?

gonzagafan62
12-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Whistle manufacturers?

:000tens:

sittingon50
12-12-2017, 08:04 PM
You talking about the "opt-out"?

Yes.

Ekrub
12-12-2017, 10:27 PM

Glad few is scheduling and not you.

CDC84
12-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Folks, part of reason why Gonzaga was able to land consensus top 100 players like Corey Kispert, Gary Bell, Steven Gray, etc., is because of GU's ability to come across the state every other year and whip the Huskies. It's not going to help them land inner city kids, but it helps them land kids in the the surrounding areas.

I feel Bud is partly wrong with his assessment. Even if UW continues to stink - which I don't feel they will once Hopkins gets players to play that zone - Gonzaga needs to play a game every other year in Seattle. Especially with the uncertainly surrounding the Battle in Seattle. It is important to recruiting, and to satisfying that massive GU fanbase on the western side of the state.

I continue to say this: there is a reason why every single successful basketball program schedules games like Howard and Incarnate Word. And it's not to collect easy wins. It is to increase program revenue. To pay an opponent a small amount of money, and never have to return the game. Gonzaga cannot take the hit of playing UW and WSU, home & home, at the same time unless both programs prove themselves to be regular NCAA tourney contenders. It is in Gonzaga's best interests, financially and otherwise, to play Howard at home that play a high risk/low reward game at WSU. If you want to call our head coach and his AD - two of the brilliant men in college basketball - pricks, well, you need to call every coach and every AD a prick that runs a high level, successful basketball operation. Everyone of significance does the same thing. This is a business, not a charity. It is why Gonzaga is so massively pissed at the WCC regarding how NCAA tournament revenue is handed out. It is wrong considering our accomplishments and the failure of so many WCC teams to invest in their basketball teams. The GU men's basketball team is funding WCC activities that have nothing to do with basketball for gosh sakes.

College basketball has changed. Gonzaga needs to create as much space as possible on its sked between December 1 and the start of finals. Generally speaking, big conference teams don't like playing major competition before the holiday tourneys, right after the holiday tourneys, right after finals, before Xmas, and right after Xmas. Due to conference expansion and major conferences playing more games, they are being forced to start league play before the new year.

I think GU has one spot they can reserve for UW based on recruiting, helping out the Seattle fanbase, and a hope that UW will get better under Hopkins. The rest of it....they need to reserve for home and homes with UCLA, Arizona, Michigan State and maybe a one off neutral game in NYC vs. Duke or something of that nature. Those games require scheduling flexibility. The guarantee games don't. If you'd rather sacrifice playing a home and home with a big time team to be a hero and play in Pullman, be my guest. Because no successful AD or high level coach would agree to it. Especially when you are in a non-BCS league and thus forced to play an inverted schedule in order to build a credible NCAA resume.

I also question this notion that because WSU gave GU a chance to play them for years when they were a nothing program that GU owes it to the Cougs to play them every season. I'd buy that argument if WSU were a more successful program over the past 50 years. I don't feel WSU did any huge favors by playing GU. The schools, are what, only 80 miles apart? It just made sense. Periodically successful power conference teams will go out and play road games against low or mid major rivals in order to fill out a schedule. Do you realize how hard it is to get decent teams to agree to play non-league games in remote areas when you're not a regular NCAA tourney team? I will never forget Mississippi State several years ago (before Howland) putting out an ad that they were willing to play just about anyone decent in a home and home so long as they could get someone to come to Starksville, Mississippi which is in the middle of nowhere. Way more remote than Pullman. They were desperate.....despite all that wonderful SEC football money.

If college basketball scheduling were the way it was back in 1989, I'd play WSU and UW home and home every year in a heartbeat. But them days are over. Scheduling has become way too compressed and complex. You must make sacrifices if you want to win at the big time level. And any person that questions why GU has to play teams like Incarnate Word should send an email to our AD. I think it is arrogant for people to say that they know more about the economics of college basketball and the art of scheduling than the men who run these incredibly successful programs. And not just at Gonzaga. It's not like GU is the only program that schedules these teams and yet also challenges itself with tough non-league opponents. I think the gripe might be legit if GU played nothing but these teams. I'd like to play a few more Utah State type teams as well, but you have to pay more for those programs, and many of them will not bite unless there is a return game. Again, it's about economics......not just basketball.

I commend our schedulers. I feel they do good work. It's a tough job. Ideally you'd like to get another home game like Creighton on the sked. We'll see what happens next year.

jazzdelmar
12-13-2017, 03:00 AM
The problem, dear Brutus, is not the OOC, which is sometimes good and sometimes not, the problem is that in 3 games the season is, for all intents and purposes, over.

vandalzag
12-13-2017, 05:15 AM

What jerk, he should follow the Randy Bennett model and schedule nothing but in state games: UW, WSU, Whitworth, WWU, CWU, Seattle U, St Mary's (Lacey not Moraga). Maybe mix in a couple of Junior Colleges and a technical college. All home and home arrangements since that is what a nice guy does.

willandi
12-13-2017, 05:36 AM
Folks, part of reason why Gonzaga was able to land consensus top 100 players like Corey Kispert, Gary Bell, Steven Gray, etc., is because of GU's ability to come across the state every other year and whip the Huskies. It's not going to help them land inner city kids, but it helps them land kids in the the surrounding areas.

I feel Bud is partly wrong with his assessment. Even if UW continues to stink - which I don't feel they will once Hopkins gets players to play that zone - Gonzaga needs to play a game every other year in Seattle. Especially with the uncertainly surrounding the Battle in Seattle. It is important to recruiting, and to satisfying that massive GU fanbase on the western side of the state.

I continue to say this: there is a reason why every single successful basketball program schedules games like Howard and Incarnate Word. And it's not to collect easy wins. It is to increase program revenue. To pay an opponent a small amount of money, and never have to return the game. Gonzaga cannot take the hit of playing UW and WSU, home & home, at the same time unless both programs prove themselves to be regular NCAA tourney contenders. It is in Gonzaga's best interests, financially and otherwise, to play Howard at home that play a high risk/low reward game at WSU. If you want to call our head coach and his AD - two of the brilliant men in college basketball - pricks, well, you need to call every coach and every AD a prick that runs a high level, successful basketball operation. Everyone of significance does the same thing. This is a business, not a charity. It is why Gonzaga is so massively pissed at the WCC regarding how NCAA tournament revenue is handed out. It is wrong considering our accomplishments and the failure of so many WCC teams to invest in their basketball teams. The GU men's basketball team is funding WCC activities that have nothing to do with basketball for gosh sakes.

College basketball has changed. Gonzaga needs to create as much space as possible on its sked between December 1 and the start of finals. Generally speaking, big conference teams don't like playing major competition before the holiday tourneys, right after the holiday tourneys, right after finals, before Xmas, and right after Xmas. Due to conference expansion and major conferences playing more games, they are being forced to start league play before the new year.

I think GU has one spot they can reserve for UW based on recruiting, helping out the Seattle fanbase, and a hope that UW will get better under Hopkins. The rest of it....they need to reserve for home and homes with UCLA, Arizona, Michigan State and maybe a one off neutral game in NYC vs. Duke or something of that nature. Those games require scheduling flexibility. The guarantee games don't. If you'd rather sacrifice playing a home and home with a big time team to be a hero and play in Pullman, be my guest. Because no successful AD or high level coach would agree to it. Especially when you are in a non-BCS league and thus forced to play an inverted schedule in order to build a credible NCAA resume.

I also question this notion that because WSU gave GU a chance to play them for years when they were a nothing program that GU owes it to the Cougs to play them every season. I'd buy that argument if WSU were a more successful program over the past 50 years. I don't feel WSU did any huge favors by playing GU. The schools, are what, only 80 miles apart? It just made sense. Periodically successful power conference teams will go out and play road games against low or mid major rivals in order to fill out a schedule. Do you realize how hard it is to get decent teams to agree to play non-league games in remote areas when you're not a regular NCAA tourney team? I will never forget Mississippi State several years ago (before Howland) putting out an ad that they were willing to play just about anyone decent in a home and home so long as they could get someone to come to Starksville, Mississippi which is in the middle of nowhere. Way more remote than Pullman. They were desperate.....despite all that wonderful SEC football money.

If college basketball scheduling were the way it was back in 1989, I'd play WSU and UW home and home every year in a heartbeat. But them days are over. Scheduling has become way too compressed and complex. You must make sacrifices if you want to win at the big time level. And any person that questions why GU has to play teams like Incarnate Word should send an email to our AD. I think it is arrogant for people to say that they know more about the economics of college basketball and the art of scheduling than the men who run these incredibly successful programs. And not just at Gonzaga. It's not like GU is the only program that schedules these teams and yet also challenges itself with tough non-league opponents. I think the gripe might be legit if GU played nothing but these teams. I'd like to play a few more Utah State type teams as well, but you have to pay more for those programs, and many of them will not bite unless there is a return game. Again, it's about economics......not just basketball.

I commend our schedulers. I feel they do good work. It's a tough job. Ideally you'd like to get another home game like Creighton on the sked. We'll see what happens next year.

I concur, and add in the loss of 2 OCC games by the addition of Pacific, maybe 2 more with adding BYU (although their RPI is typically better, so they help the Zags), and it makes each of the OCC games precious. There has to be cupcakes to let the team learn to work together, and there has to be games against P6 schools to help with seeding for the March Madness. The Zags schedulers do a remarkable job with what they have left to work with.

jazzdelmar
12-13-2017, 05:47 AM
What jerk, he should follow the Randy Bennett model and schedule nothing but in state games: UW, WSU, Whitworth, WWU, CWU, Seattle U, St Mary's (Lacey not Moraga). Maybe mix in a couple of Junior Colleges and a technical college. All home and home arrangements since that is what a nice guy does.

My bad, I though Bart was being facetious. Guess not.

Zag_Dad
12-13-2017, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=vandalzag;1345406 St Mary's (Lacey not Moraga.[/QUOTE]

You mean Saint Martinís? Not aware of a Saint Maryís in WA

Zagceo
12-13-2017, 06:03 AM
Currently UW victory looking better than Texas....who’d thunk it

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/GONZAG/gonzaga-bulldogs

Ekrub
12-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Currently UW victory looking better than Texas....who’d thunk it

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/GONZAG/gonzaga-bulldogs

Highly doubt rpi ends that way. Kenpom shows a vastly different story.

Zagdawg
12-13-2017, 06:15 AM
Texas leading scorer out with a broken hand -- that will affect the team and performance.

bartruff1
12-13-2017, 06:15 AM
My bad, I though Bart was being facetious. Guess not.

I am not being facetious at all..it makes no sense to me to insult the students, faculty and alumni of the two largest public universities in the state and tell them they are just not good enough for high and mighty Gonzaga.

It also makes sense to me to play local cupcakes .....under the assumption that you just have to play cupcakes .

Please spare me the explanations, I have heard them all a dozen times before.

I could care less about RPI, I don't see how the loss to Portland State or the losses to BYU at home have had any significant impact on those seasons....

I would also play the top mid major teams without the requirement of a home and home,.....

Zagdawg
12-13-2017, 06:20 AM

If you can't figure it out .....we won't try to explain it to you again.

bartruff1
12-13-2017, 06:22 AM

Thank you, you are too kind...

raise the zag
12-13-2017, 06:23 AM

Funny b/c it's the truth.

TheGonzagaFactor
12-13-2017, 06:29 AM
That too. If we must absolutely play them I'd rather play them on the road every single year.. helps our RPI slightly more. But that's also not fair to our fans, players and basketball in general

It gets you a true road game, but home/road has nothing to do with RPI specifically. RPI is only based on winning %, doesn't factor in anything else like rankings, home/away, etc...

JPtheBeasta
12-13-2017, 06:56 AM
I don’t know if the numbers support my intuitions on this, but t seems that it would be easier to be upset by a bad in-state rival than a team win less motivation from somewhere else in the country.

I liked the WSU series because it might have been the only way for some Spokane people to see the Zags live.

I get Bart’s concerns, but the people in Seattle who don’t like GU probably already have a bias (I experienced strong anti-Spokane bias when I used to visit Seattle semi-regularly.)

TexasZagFan
12-13-2017, 07:03 AM
I concur, and add in the loss of 2 OCC games by the addition of Pacific, maybe 2 more with adding BYU (although their RPI is typically better, so they help the Zags), and it makes each of the OCC games precious. There has to be cupcakes to let the team learn to work together, and there has to be games against P6 schools to help with seeding for the March Madness. The Zags schedulers do a remarkable job with what they have left to work with.

FWIW, DFW airport now has direct flights to Spokane. TCU, UT-Arlington, SMU, even Baylor could be in the mix for a home & home, though UTA would have to be at a bigger venue.

gonzagafan62
12-13-2017, 07:12 AM
It gets you a true road game, but home/road has nothing to do with RPI specifically. RPI is only based on winning %, doesn't factor in anything else like rankings, home/away, etc...

Not true

https://kenpom.com/blog/the-new-rpi-and-its-effect-on-scheduling/

Kong-Kool-Aid
12-13-2017, 07:13 AM

Nope, and actually starting next year road games have a larger impact if you win them.

gonzagafan62
12-13-2017, 07:13 AM

Winner. Oblivion is never good

509er
12-13-2017, 09:52 AM

Personally I think uw is just as likely to cancel as Few. What do they have to gain? Make it easier for an in state school to recruit their backyard?

I also think uw will be a perennial top 50 or better in 1-2 years

Zags_Fanatic
12-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Personally I think uw is just as likely to cancel as Few. What do they have to gain? Make it easier for an in state school to recruit their backyard?

I also think uw will be a perennial top 50 or better in 1-2 years

Likely true on the top 50 prediction, just in time for Hopkins to jump back to Syracuse to take over for Boeheim.

jazzdelmar
12-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Likely true on the top 50 prediction, just in time for Hopkins to jump back to Syracuse to take over for Boeheim.

Book it........Jump to an iconic Top 15 program from backwater Montlake.

TexasZagFan
12-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Book it........Jump to an iconic Top 15 program from backwater Montlake.

Hopkins would be better off to be the second coach after Boeheim's retirement. There's almost no way to win when you replace a HOF, iconic coach.

seacatfan
12-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Hopkins would be better off to be the second coach after Boeheim's retirement. There's almost no way to win when you replace a HOF, iconic coach.

Very true. I can only think of a couple that have been successful in recent times--Rick Pitino following Denny Crum at Louisville and Bill Self replacing Roy Williams at Kansas. Maybe the most glaring example of what you are talking about is Oregon St. post Ralph Miller. 25 years and about a half a dozen coaches later they still haven't found a decent replacement.

TexasZagFan
12-13-2017, 11:33 AM
Very true. I can only think of a couple that have been successful in recent times--Rick Pitino following Denny Crum at Louisville and Bill Self replacing Roy Williams at Kansas. Maybe the most glaring example of what you are talking about is Oregon St. post Ralph Miller. 25 years and about a half a dozen coaches later they still haven't found a decent replacement.

Same way at UTEP. Entire athletic department is in flux, AD retired, Tim Floyd retired, football team winless. El Paso's a tough enough place to recruit to, must be even worse now.

thespywhozaggedme
12-13-2017, 11:37 AM
I am not being facetious at all..it makes no sense to me to insult the students, faculty and alumni of the two largest public universities in the state and tell them they are just not good enough for high and mighty Gonzaga.

It also makes sense to me to play local cupcakes .....under the assumption that you just have to play cupcakes .

I could care less about RPI, I don't see how the loss to Portland State or the losses to BYU at home have had any significant impact on those seasons....

I would also play the top mid major teams without the requirement of a home and home,.....

Just a heads up, this means that you could care less.

IMADEYOUREADTHIS
12-13-2017, 12:36 PM
...they need to reserve for home and homes with UCLA, Arizona, Michigan State...

I haven't paid a lot of attention to the upcoming schedules, but are these on the books? I know we had agreements with UCLA & Arizona recently, and a couple of years ago we did the home and home with MSU (I went to that game in Spokane, great atmosphere even though we lost). I hadn't heard of any new developments with these series.

Zagdawg
12-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Currently @ Creighton next year and in Maui, UW at home -- supposed to be starting the Arizona series again (probably after next year since we are both in Maui and may see each other already).

Maui field looks really good (4 good games early in the year).
The 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational, America's premier early season basketball tournament, will feature eight Division I programs for the first time in its 35-year history when Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier visit the island.
   

thebigsmoove
12-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Currently @ Creighton next year and in Maui, UW at home -- supposed to be starting the Arizona series again (probably after next year since we are both in Maui and may see each other already).

Maui field looks really good (4 good games early in the year).
The 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational, America's premier early season basketball tournament, will feature eight Division I programs for the first time in its 35-year history when Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier visit the island.
   

So no Chaminade anymore? weird.

thebigsmoove
12-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Washington will be a good game again sooner than later, i dont see any good reason to end the series. The sentiments refered to by Bud in the article were a few years old, i dont know if Mark shares those sentiments now. Especially with his affinity for Mike over Zo. Id be surprised if the series was discontinued following the end of this current 4 year agreement.

sittingon50
12-13-2017, 02:04 PM
So no Chaminade anymore? weird.

IIRC, Chaminade will now participate every OTHER year.