PDA

View Full Version : Kispert

Section 116
12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Hudson and Morrison noted Kispert is out for full pregame warmups vs. the Huskies. They expect him to at least give it a try this afternoon, noting they have been doing everything they can think of to treat the ankle. They noted they did expect him to play vs. Villanova as well but the coaches decided to hold him out as you know. I think we will see Kispert at some point?

willandi
12-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Hudson and Morrison noted Kispert is out for full pregame warmups vs. the Huskies. They expect him to at least give it a try this afternoon, noting they have been doing everything they can think of to treat the ankle. They noted they did expect him to play vs. Villanova as well but the coaches decided to hold him out as you know. I think we will see Kispert at some point?

What do you do when your replacement goes off for 20+ every game?

thespywhozaggedme
12-10-2017, 07:25 PM

Back him up and then start along side him next season to form an unstoppable duo.

Bogozags
12-10-2017, 07:28 PM

Good point...

Zach is a scorer and don't think we have had one who can shoot and drive...now if we can just find a way for him to stop trying lob passes when he is looking directly at the recipient :D

CDC84
12-10-2017, 09:20 PM
It's going to take a good four games or so for Kispert to feel comfortable with the ankle and get back into game shape.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Kispert replace Norvell in the starting lineup soon, even if ZN keeps putting up these points per game numbers. Few has major issues with Zach defensively. He is a liability out there. He also still needs to improve his shot selection. It's not like he's shooting 43% from three and 55% from the floor.

Ekrub
12-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Norvell shooting 50%, 36.4 From 3, FT% - 76.9, 3 rb, 2.5 a
Kispert shooting 54%, 37.9 from 3, FT% - 66.7, 3.7 rb, 1.3 a

Like Norvell better offensively, think kispert gives you more hustle plays. Both have work to do on D. Both going to be great zags.

Zagricultural
12-10-2017, 10:36 PM
Norvell shoots a lot.

WallaWallaZag
12-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Norvell shoots a lot.

his shot selection isn't horrible, but could certainly use some improvement...especially timing. some of his shots wouldn't be so bad if they were at the end of the shot clock rather than the middle.

CDC84
12-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Norvell shoots a lot.

Too much for my taste, and at bad times. Too early in the shot clock. 2-11 (32.7% after tonight's game) from three tonight. He should never be shooting more than Josh Perkins unless Perks is being face guarded. Josh might be one of the 3 to 4 best long range shooters in D-1 basketball.

He's a freshman and it's a process. He's just going to get better and better.

But I just get the feeling that Mark is going to go back to Kispert at some point because of his all around play on both ends and all the little things he does.

Goshzagit
12-11-2017, 03:58 AM
Interesting to me, when Kispert misses his 3pt shots, they always miss SHORT.

Every single one.

Front of the rim.

If you've played bball or watch enough hoops, that is highly unusual miss, at least to do it consistently.

Most miss long, or to the side, rarely off the front of the rim.

Corey's missed shot softly bounces off the front, I've never seen him miss long.

Tells me his form is consistent and probably perfect. Rather his elevation or lift is off on some attempts.

It could be freshman legs, getting used to the grind, game shape etc.

Anyway, just a unique aspect of his misses.

Very consistent which can be a good sign.

WallaWallaZag
12-11-2017, 04:25 AM
few repeatedly referenced kispert as being the "best shooter on the circuit" when discussing corey's recruitment so i would have to think that his 3-point shooting stroke will return sooner rather than later...he was 10/22 through 5 (the florida game)...2/11 in 3 games since (of course, that's also what norvell just shot in the husky game alone, hahaha)

interesting thing is his free throws have gone off at the same time (note very small sample sizes here)...first 5 games 6/6 next 3 played games 2/6...probably not a coincidence.

ZagsGoZags
12-11-2017, 05:42 AM
it is just a matter of time before Kispert blows up.
With significant playing time, I think his stat line by the end of Feb
shows huge increases, maybe more than any other zag for that time period.

scrooner
12-11-2017, 05:52 AM
Norvell played a lot of backup PG last night. Melson & Kispert are not going to do that.

TacomaZAG
12-11-2017, 07:03 AM

Glad to see Corey back out there tonight. With ZN's performances since his absence, I was starting to think of Wally Pipp (dial up the way-back machine for the young'ins)

Seriously, though, it's always nice to add depth in the backcourt. Plenty of minutes for both guys to shine.

Go ZAGS

Unbiased
12-11-2017, 07:10 AM

Every single one.

Front of the rim.

If you've played bball or watch enough hoops, that is highly unusual miss, at least to do it consistently.

Most miss long, or to the side, rarely off the front of the rim.

Corey's missed shot softly bounces off the front, I've never seen him miss long.

Tells me his form is consistent and probably perfect. Rather his elevation or lift is off on some attempts.

It could be freshman legs, getting used to the grind, game shape etc.

Anyway, just a unique aspect of his misses.

Very consistent which can be a good sign.

This is just an opinion. It might mean he needs to wear contacts.

Zaga
12-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Interesting to me, when Kispert misses his 3pt shots, they always miss SHORT. Every single one. Front of the rim.

What I remember that being called is "Short arm". There is that sweet spot in your stroke that if you don't follow completely through you will tend to be short. Oh.. the memories of rec league :)

Hoopaholic
12-11-2017, 08:43 AM
What I remember that being called is "Short arm". There is that sweet spot in your stroke that if you don't follow completely through you will tend to be short. Oh.. the memories of rec league :)

that could be one of the explanations (pulling the string) but others may include leg use, footwork (planting and pushing off to set the body aligned squarely) and eye focus location

Bogozags
12-11-2017, 09:49 AM
that could be one of the explanations (pulling the string) but others may include leg use, footwork (planting and pushing off to set the body aligned squarely) and eye focus location

Agree, you are spot on, I think he hasn't fully recovered and may not until this weekend's game, which will give him plenty of rest...fingers crossed

bigblahla
12-11-2017, 10:05 AM

Every single one.

Front of the rim.

Back in the day I was taught "The Cardinal Sin of Shooting" is missing short. Not enough emphasis is put on arc, release point and follow through anymore. The hoop is at it's biggest when the ball falls onto it and through it from above. It makes watching JWIII's jump shot and fouls shots very painful to see at times. Shem shot so many off the front of the rim I lost count.

Go!! Zags!!!

Hoopaholic
12-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Agree, you are spot on, I think he hasn't fully recovered and may not until this weekend's game, which will give him plenty of rest...fingers crossed

Many people donít realize how fundamental the ankles are in correct body alignment for a good shooter

Zagdawg
12-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Sports: Corey Kispert returns to Seattle

http://www.shorelineareanews.com/2017/12/sports-corey-kispert-returns-to-seattle.html

Hoopaholic
12-12-2017, 09:25 AM

http://www.shorelineareanews.com/2017/12/sports-corey-kispert-returns-to-seattle.html

nice article

SWZag
12-12-2017, 09:56 AM

Thanks for sharing. More confirmation of the high quality of person Corey is.

TexasZagFan
12-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks for sharing. More confirmation of the high quality of person Corey is.

+1, I love those guys. I'll never forget Corey assisting "Big D" on a dunk last summer.

Tribute to the coaching staff, bringing in players whose character matches their skills.