PDA

View Full Version : Cody Collinsworth

scott257
12-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I have been very impressed with a young player from little Pilot Point, Texas named Cody Collinsworth. Thought he looked very much like the kind of kid Gonzaga would be interested in. He is a 6’11” junior with good instincts and good defensive skills. The first game of the season he had a triple double. Of course I wouldn’t know if he really is going to do well beyond high school.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I was surprised to learn he has already been contacted by Gonzaga (not sure who on the staff), Purdue, K State, and South Dakota this summer while playing AAU this summer for a team called Lone Star Elite in Dallas. I haven’t seen his name come up on the board yet so I thought it was worth a mention. He would be a 2019 player since he is just a junior this season.

LouisianaZag
12-09-2017, 01:56 PM
I have been very impressed with a young player from little Pilot Point, Texas named Cody Collinsworth. Thought he looked very much like the kind of kid Gonzaga would be interested in. He is a 6’11” junior with good instincts and good defensive skills. The first game of the season he had a triple double. Of course I wouldn’t know if he really is going to do well beyond high school.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I was surprised to learn he has already been contacted by Gonzaga (not sure who on the staff), Purdue, K State, and South Dakota this summer while playing AAU this summer for a team called Lone Star Elite in Dallas. I haven’t seen his name come up on the board yet so I thought it was worth a mention. He would be a 2019 player since he is just a junior this season.
Aren't the Zags recruiting a big kid from around the Austin area?

thespywhozaggedme
12-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Page 8 in this thread:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?58375-2019-Recruits/page8&highlight=Cody+Collinsworth

thespywhozaggedme
12-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Aren't the Zags recruiting a big kid from around the Austin area?

Drew Timme

TexasZagFan
12-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Drew Timme

Drew Timme plays for Richardson Pearce, a school in our district. They play at our place on 2/7, I hope to be in attendance.

A LOT of schools have offered him, so I don't know how warm he is for GU. I understand he's made an unofficial visit to GU. His style of play is very similar to Tillie.

MDABE80
12-09-2017, 09:52 PM
BOTH great looking players. I think both will have plenty of offers come Spring or sooner. Hard to get kids out of Texas to come up to the NW. The thread before this one, cited by Spy is a decent discussion as I recall it from last Summer. Both are skillful bigs. I'm hearing the two from Utah will be sticking around Utah. We'll have room for both of these TX kids.

TexasZagFan
12-10-2017, 07:48 AM
BOTH great looking players. I think both will have plenty of offers come Spring or sooner. Hard to get kids out of Texas to come up to the NW. The thread before this one, cited by Spy is a decent discussion as I recall it from last Summer. Both are skillful bigs. I'm hearing the two from Utah will be sticking around Utah. We'll have room for both of these TX kids.

With Texas, A&M, SMU, and TCU all on the upswing, it's going to be even tougher to get the 4 star players out of Texas. I'm not saying we shouldn't go after them, though.

Gonzaga's a known commodity down here, and who wouldn't want to play in our high octane system?

We have an established track record of developing bigs and sending them to the NBA, too.

scott257
12-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Honestly, I was thinking the Collinsworth name was just a coincidence. Have to imagine BYU is going to go after him if he is Kyle’s brother. I will try to make it to some of his home games to see how he does but in reading about some of the games in he local paper, he gets most of the opponents attention defensively because the rest of the team is pretty mediocre.