PG: Perk
SG: ZN
SF: Kispert
PF: Clarke
C: The Great Dane

That starting 5 is SICK!!

Zag_Dad
12-05-2017, 07:31 PM
You couldnt be more correct ....it’s ridiculous to start talking about next year’s line up

TexasZagFan
12-05-2017, 07:39 PM
You couldnt be more correct ....it’s ridiculous to start talking about next year’s line up

I get it, we laid an egg tonight. It's a long season, and we're 1/4 through it. Great learning experience for all. Watch some film, get back to practice, get semester finals out of the way.

thespywhozaggedme
12-05-2017, 07:45 PM

Um.............that's fine that you disagree with me starting the thread, but you're post is the opposite of what my op said. lol

IMADEYOUREADTHIS
12-05-2017, 08:16 PM
You need to chill

thespywhozaggedme
12-05-2017, 08:24 PM
You need to chill

Your post was very informative. Do you have a newsletter that I can subscribe to?

MDABE80
12-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Wee early when we haven't figured this year's edition out. Solo on!!

IMADEYOUREADTHIS
12-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Your post was very informative. Do you have a newsletter that I can subscribe to?

Sure, it’s called reality. After reading what you have posted for years, I highly recommend you take a gander.

jchocolate99
12-06-2017, 12:56 AM
I love how posters on this board act like they're players on the team only needing to focus on THIS season and not looking ahead towards future games... The point of a message board is to discuss topics that pertain to your favorite team rather they're this season, next season or seasons years down the road.

The OP's topic for this thread makes for good convo rather you can handle thinking of multiple seasons or not.

To the OP's topic unless we get a grad transfer that forces the issue I agree with your backcourt starting lineup... As far as the bigs that freshman Euro we have coming in could shake things up. Clarke isn't known for his offense and the Euro is suppose to be know for his scoring ability so their could be good competition there as far as starting.

jazzdelmar
12-06-2017, 03:58 AM
That lineup does nothing for me......it's weaker than now.

thespywhozaggedme
12-06-2017, 05:28 AM
That lineup does nothing for me......it's weaker than now.

JP, ZN and CK are all lights out 3 point shooters, Larsen will be dominant and Clarke was a beast pf in the MWC.

jazzdelmar
12-06-2017, 05:46 AM
JP, ZN and CK are all lights out 3 point shooters, Larsen will be dominant and Clarke was a beast pf in the MWC.

What lights you talking about? Xmas ones? Clarke is better than Tils or even JW? Please.........

thespywhozaggedme
12-06-2017, 05:51 AM
What lights you talking about? Xmas ones? Clarke is better than Tils or even JW? Please.........

You don't think JP,CK and ZN are very good 3 point shooters? Plus, unlike the vast majority of years the latter two are wiling slashers to the basket which creates free-throw opportunities. I never said Clarke was better than either of those two so I don't know where you got that from. But he was the best player in the Mountain West last year as a sophomore.

thespywhozaggedme
12-06-2017, 06:23 AM
I love how posters on this board act like they're players on the team only needing to focus on THIS season and not looking ahead towards future games... The point of a message board is to discuss topics that pertain to your favorite team rather they're this season, next season or seasons years down the road.

The OP's topic for this thread makes for good convo rather you can handle thinking of multiple seasons or not.

To the OP's topic unless we get a grad transfer that forces the issue I agree with your backcourt starting lineup... As far as the bigs that freshman Euro we have coming in could shake things up. Clarke isn't known for his offense and the Euro is suppose to be know for his scoring ability so their could be good competition there as far as starting.

Good post, thanks man. Yeah, it's funny, no one forces anyone to post in a thread, yet they complain about the content of the thread in which they chose to post in.

zagsfanforlife
12-06-2017, 07:12 AM
I guess this assumes that Tillie either goes pro this year or comes off the bench. I don’t see either happening.

zagsfanforlife
12-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Plus o think I remember a similar post last year projecting this years lineup as :

Goss
Perkins
Melson/Norvell
Tillie
Collins

... a lot can change in a year.

thespywhozaggedme
12-06-2017, 07:14 AM
I guess this assumes that Tillie either goes pro this year or comes off the bench. I don’t see either happening.

Yes, I assume Killie goes pro. Hope, for selfish reasons he stays.

jazzdelmar
12-06-2017, 07:19 AM
Plus o think I remember a similar post last year projecting this years lineup as :

Goss
Perkins
Melson/Norvell
Tillie
Collins

... a lot can change in a year.

Sigh........

thespywhozaggedme
12-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Just in case people forget hoe good Brandon Clarke is:

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Brandon Clarke, who led San Jose State in scoring last season, is transferring to Gonzaga.

Clarke, a 6-foot-8 forward, will sit out this season and then have two years of eligibility remaining.

Clarke was named first team All-Mountain West Conference last season after averaging 17.3 points and 8.7 rebounds per game for the Spartans.

He led the conference in shooting at 59.2 percent, and added 2.57 blocked shots per game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20591629/san-jose-state-leading-scorer-brandon-clarke-transfers-gonzaga-bulldogs

Here's his game log:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/3906665/year/2017/brandon-clarke

Baseline
12-06-2017, 09:58 AM
I find it hard to contemplate a starting lineup without Tile. One minute he is NBA bound and the next he isn't starting. Who knows what Rui will look like by years end. Will Kispert's ankle ever be solid for long-term play? Will wade's 3 point shooting demand way more time.
I think I will wait for next year, fun to dream, but very hard to be meaningful.

sittingon50
12-06-2017, 11:16 AM
but very hard to be meaningful.

And since when has that stopped me?

TexasZagFan
12-06-2017, 02:29 PM
And since when has that stopped me?

I'm just trying to enjoy the journey, next year will arrive in due time.

Zags11
12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm just trying to enjoy the journey, next year will arrive in due time.

This.

zag67
12-06-2017, 05:42 PM
I also agree that I want to enjoy the journey this year. I think we will end up making a super run. Then it will depend on how Tillie and Rui do. Many think that Tillie will go, but I think that Rui is still going to be to raw (or that is what I am hoping). I also totally disagree with Jaz. We will be stronger and let me show you why.

Point guard: Perkins, Ayayi, Wade
Shooting guards: Norvell, Foster - backups to point
Wing: Kispert, Rui, Jones
Power forward: Clark, Petrusev (Rui as a backup)
Center: Larsen, (back up power forwards).

We would be athletic and tall at all positions. We would have shooters and be a year older at all positions . Ayayi and Clark would have a year seeing how they can work into this team. I find it hard to believe that Jaz thinks we would be weaker. Maybe he can explain that to me. This is also assuming we have no more pick up players before next year.

Bogozags
12-07-2017, 05:01 AM
I fantasize all the time when I go to bed...it helps me fall asleep...

I wonder why Wade isn't playing. Is he still injured, because he is getting garbage time so it seems that physically, he can play? From what I have seen of him so far this season, he has a keen eye and sees the entire floor and knows the offence but appears to be a half-step behind on defence. As we well know, being able to adjust on the defensive side of the ball is the telling part of playing at the D-1 level of basketball. BUT is that the reason he isn't playing and giving Josh a little rest or is it, he just doesn't have the skills to play at this level? Please understand, I am in no way stating he isn't capable but if he is, then why is he just getting garbage time at the end of the game?

Josh has shown he has the ability to knock down threes but because he has to handle the ball all the time, it makes it really difficult to get shots. I have always believed it is so much easier to find your shot, when you don't have the ball. I would love to have David Stockton playing this season as that would sure put the onus on the "D" to have to put more emphasis on Josh without the ball...JMHO

TexasZagFan
12-07-2017, 06:31 AM
I fantasize all the time when I go to bed...it helps me fall asleep...

I wonder why Wade isn't playing. Is he still injured, because he is getting garbage time so it seems that physically, he can play? From what I have seen of him so far this season, he has a keen eye and sees the entire floor and knows the offence but appears to be a half-step behind on defence. As we well know, being able to adjust on the defensive side of the ball is the telling part of playing at the D-1 level of basketball. BUT is that the reason he isn't playing and giving Josh a little rest or is it, he just doesn't have the skills to play at this level? Please understand, I am in no way stating he isn't capable but if he is, then why is he just getting garbage time at the end of the game?

Josh has shown he has the ability to knock down threes but because he has to handle the ball all the time, it makes it really difficult to get shots. I have always believed it is so much easier to find your shot, when you don't have the ball. I would love to have David Stockton playing this season as that would sure put the onus on the "D" to have to put more emphasis on Josh without the ball...JMHO

The only school I can think of with 24/25 YOs on their roster is located in Provo.

Bogozags
12-07-2017, 07:56 AM
The only school I can think of with 24/25 YOs on their roster is located in Provo.

I watched them play last evening and was not impressed...of course you know that I meant having a "David Stockton" PG playing along side Josh...it really would make a tremendous difference in his game...he did have a couple of nice drives to the hoop but does have difficulty "creating" his own shot...imo

sittingon50
12-07-2017, 11:37 AM
I fantasize all the time when I go to bed...it helps me fall asleep.

How old are you?

:lmao:

thespywhozaggedme
12-28-2017, 07:15 PM
This team:

PG: Perk, Ayayi, Wade
SG: Norvell, Ayayi
SF: Kispert, Rui
PF: Clarke, Rui
C: Larsen, Petrusev

is better than this years current roster, imho

zagsfanforlife
12-28-2017, 08:02 PM
This team:

PG: Perk, Ayayi, Wade
SG: Norvell, Ayayi
SF: Kispert, Rui
PF: Clarke, Rui
C: Larsen, Petrusev

is better than this years current roster, imho

Without a doubt but the way tillie is going even POTENTIAL wont get him a first round sniff

thespywhozaggedme
12-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Without a doubt but the way tillie is going even POTENTIAL wont get him a first round sniff

I agree, I think Tillie would be crazy to come out, butif he did return next year, it would be odd, because Brandon Clarke is the superior player, but then Few may repeat this year but have Clarke in the place of JWIII when ideally Larsen should be the starting 5 next year.

Goshzagit
12-28-2017, 08:16 PM

Not a coincidence he has dropped off every single draft board from start of season til now.

He is still listed as a 2019 pick, but all the mock draft 2018 stuff has dissipated.

I think all the tweets, retweets from family and friends about him as a 1st Rd Top 20 pick back in November wasn't great for his psyche.

Listen, Tillie is a terrific talent with so much untapped ability. The ideal utility guy at the next level, perfect 6th man , can play 3 positions in NBA, but no matter your so called "potential", you simply can't have a poor motor. It's what keeps blue chip talent outta the league, or lessor talents in the league.

Motor is uncoachable. It comes from within. Innate. If a scout begins to wonder if a prospect truly loves the game, that's a problem. It's what is being said about him said late. Everyone recognizes the ability & attributes, but does he love it? How dedicated is Tillie to being the best he can be? Giving it his all, his life? Is he more volleyball than basketball?

Scouts will undoubtedly draft on potential. Even if Killian averaged 4 pts & 4 rebs every game he could still be a lottery pick, just look at Zach. But Collins exuded love, passion, motor, tenacity, commitment to the moment, game, & minutes.

Tillie does not. Great talent in many ways but that is not enough.

A selective motor is the biggest red flag of any scout. Just ask our very own Stephen Gentry.

Tillie will have no choice but to return next season unless he goes off in NCAA Tourney. Too many huge question marks.

ZagzKrak
12-28-2017, 08:18 PM
No love for Greg Foster Jr...6'6" SG coming in =P

thespywhozaggedme
12-28-2017, 08:20 PM
Not a coincidence he has dropped off every single draft board from start of season til now.

He is still listed as a 2019 pick, but all the mock draft 2018 stuff has dissipated.

I think all the tweets, retweets from family and friends about him as a 1st Rd Top 20 pick back in November wasn't great for his psyche.

Listen, Tillie is a terrific talent with so much untapped ability. The ideal utility guy at the next level, perfect 6th man , can play 3 positions in NBA, but no matter your so called "potential", you simply can't have a poor motor. It's what keeps blue chip talent outta the league, or lessor talents in the league.

Motor is uncoachable. It comes from within. Innate. If a scout begins to wonder if a prospect truly loves the game, that's a problem. It's what is being said about him said late. Everyone recognizes the ability & attributes, but does he love it? How dedicated is Tillie to being the best he can be? Giving it his all, his life? Is he more volleyball than basketball?

Scouts will undoubtedly draft on potential. Even if Killian averaged 4 pts & 4 rebs every game he could still be a lottery pick, just look at Zach. But Collins exuded love, passion, motor, tenacity, commitment to the moment, game, & minutes.

Tillie does not. Great player in many ways but that is not enough.

A selective motor is the biggest red flag of any scout. Just ask our very own Stephen Gentry.

Tillie will have no choice but to return next season unless he goes off in NCAA Tourney. Too many huge question marks.

Uh...............by three, you mean one? He would get destroyed as a center and isn't nearly quick enough or athletic enough to be a full time sf in the NBA. He is an ideal stretch 4 in the NBA, but he really needs to put on about 15lbs of muscle.

basketballzag
01-07-2018, 04:39 AM
Little bird told me that Ayayi is up to 180 pounds right now and still getting stronger.

bartruff1
01-07-2018, 07:46 AM
I suspect there will be a lot more early departures than usual.....and none to the NBA...