PDA

View Full Version : Beat ĎNova Beverage Thread

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Itís December. Itís cold and dark outside.

Iíll have a dark winter bier.

http://patersvaetje.be/onewebstatic/258c3c5e0e-N'ICE%20CHOUFFE.JPG

Beat the Wildcats.

gozagswoohoo
12-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Bud Light for me. (I know you NW guys hate that stuff)

Dilly Dilly

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Bud Light for me. (I know you NW guys hate that stuff)

Dilly Dilly

Everybody hates that stuff. I was in a German brewery with a coworker who listened to a long menu of great German options and then asked for a Bud Light. The bartender handed him the closest option on the menu - a Diet Coke

TexasZag
12-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Everybody hates that stuff. I was in a German brewery with a coworker who listened to a long menu of great German options and then asked for a Bud Light. The bartender handed him the closest option on the menu - a Diet Coke

I trust the Germans when it comes to beer. I believe that before the 1990's (or so), most of your American macro-brews could not be sold in Germany under the name "beer" because they did not comply with the Reinheitsgebot (German Purity Law), which stipulated that only certain ingredients could be used in beer (water, barley and hops). Most of the American beers use an added sugar, such as rice or corn.

tummydoc
12-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Butt lite for me (colonoscopy bowel prep)! I've got a 330 PST tipoff. Going unsedated so I don't miss the zags...gotta take one for the team.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/26c7bc6bc119ff283adaa966aea90161.jpg

irishzag_09
12-05-2017, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=tummydoc;1343035]Butt lite for me (colonoscopy bowel prep)! I've got a 330 PST tipoff. Going unsedated so I don't miss the zags...gotta take one for the team.

That's a "bum-mer"...After the system flush, and check, hopefully you can toast another Gonzaga W when you get the green light!

irishzag_09
12-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Going to be a Dave's Pale Ale, followed by another...hopefully I don't have to go through all six due to anxiety!

RenoZag
12-05-2017, 01:35 PM
What excuse are you using to leave work early to view the game ?

Me ? I have to make a COSTCO run for our annual holiday BBQ and Safety Awards luncheon. . .

bballbeachbum
12-05-2017, 01:59 PM
:cheers:

https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/BlackButte_12oz_composite.png

bballbeachbum
12-05-2017, 02:06 PM

:lmao: light beers have their place tho!

gu03alum
12-06-2017, 05:41 AM
For the game I attended a work Christmas party at a bar that luckily (or maybe unluckily) had the game on the TV's. I was drinking Deschutes Inversion IPA.

I'm not super impressed with the German beer that I get over here. Maybe they are better in Germany. I got the Costco beer advent calendar and it is full of German beer. It has ranged so far from mediocre to terrible. Even the Pilsner I had was gross. I had to dump it down the drain. I never dump beer down the drain. My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe in 2019 and I'm kind of worried I'm going to have to go without an American IPA for 2 weeks.