PDA

View Full Version : Killian on front page of ESPN mens bball

thespywhozaggedme
12-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Love the publicity that we're getting.

Last year, few knew Tillie, then a reserve big man behind Przemek Karnowski and lottery pick Zach Collins. This season, however, he's a pivotal player on Gonzaga's roster and perhaps the most overlooked talent on the West Coast.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21670534/gonzaga-killian-tillie-players-college-basketball-know-yet-soon-enough

JPtheBeasta
12-05-2017, 06:45 AM
A rising star. I agree with the others around here who think that we will be fortunate to keep him for next year.

All he needs to to do is be more assertive and his blend of athleticism and skill will shine in the national level. He will be one of those players that people who don’t follow west coast basketball will be seeing in March and puzzling over why they don’t know who he is.

hooter73
12-05-2017, 07:54 AM
I would prefer less press and more sneaking up on people lol

Zagger
12-05-2017, 08:24 AM
What I like best about this Zag bunch is that they find ways to make things work. If the Wildcats focus on Tillie they'll get bit by J3 and/or Rui. The Zags figure out how to score - against all comers so far. Everyone on the team is improving including Tillie. If the team can also improve on fouling they're going to be VERY difficult to beat - by any team at any venue. Should the season's trend of inspiring Zag BB continue this afternoon Tillie won't be the only Zag to attract increased media attention. I don't think it will be long before Killian has a 30+ point game.

MDABE80
12-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Finesse player. Schooled in the fundamentals. A great kid and a great player for us.

Goshzagit
12-05-2017, 08:42 AM
I find it interesting all these "early entrants" at Gonzaga.

Just think, Villanova doesn't have a early entrant. UNC hadn't had one for the past 6 seasons before last year. Not a single early entrant drafted in the 1st Round. Florida doesn't have one, nor has had one. Not anyone.

Outside Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, there really aren't many teams with players consistently declaring early and/or being drafted as Top-15 picks. We've had 3 in a row!

That is more than ANY Top-25 team not named above.

Heck, we could have TWO this season and that could be as much or more than any team in NCAA's.

Incredible when you compare and think about it.

TexasZagFan
12-05-2017, 09:20 AM
What I like best about this Zag bunch is that they find ways to make things work. If the Wildcats focus on Tillie they'll get bit by J3 and/or Rui. The Zags figure out how to score - against all comers so far. Everyone on the team is improving including Tillie. If the team can also improve on fouling they're going to be VERY difficult to beat - by any team at any venue. Should the season's trend of inspiring Zag BB continue this afternoon Tillie won't be the only Zag to attract increased media attention. I don't think it will be long before Killian has a 30+ point game.

We've seen so far this year that opponents can "pick their poison" when it comes to the Zags...7 poisons to be exact. JP, Silas, J3, Corey, Killian, Zach, and Rui. By the time March rolls around, Jesse and Jacob will hopefully join the list. I see Jeremy as another important player, more of a situational player.

I'll put these ten against anybody in the country. They've meshed far quicker than I hoped.

If I'm a fan of a power college team that continues to lag despite their big college advantages, I'm asking "what are the Zags doing that we CAN'T?" We haven't played any games in conference yet, so the WCC being weak is not part of the conversation here.

The Zags' brand is exciting, fast paced basketball, great passing, fun to watch. Over the past few years, increased emphasis on defense has made us a legitimate top 10 program. We all know that was accomplished in spite of the weakness of our conference.

I strongly suspect we will be a player in the next round of collegiate basketball realignment. It's coming, though probably not for another few years.