PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sports: Few and other high profile coaches open up on how to fix the sport

IMADEYOUREADTHIS
12-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Great read (https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/big-name-coaches-open-up-about-college-basketballs-problems-and-their-ideas-to-fix-them/). So proud of our coach.

kitzbuel
12-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Great read (https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/big-name-coaches-open-up-about-college-basketballs-problems-and-their-ideas-to-fix-them/). So proud of our coach.
Speaks a lot about Jud Heathcote that two of his disciples are leading this charge.

IMADEYOUREADTHIS
12-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Speaks a lot about Jud Heathcote that two of his disciples are leading this charge.

Agreed.

CDC84
12-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Like this:

"Right now I think you have too many people rationalizing that, 'Everybody's doing and if I don't, they're going to and what's the worst they can do to me? Slap a show-cause or something?'" Few said. "No, it needs to be: Ban the whole staff for five years, ban the school from going to the postseason. We can't have this 'I didn't know what was going on' or whatever."

Few, who has lifted Gonzaga to sustained national relevance for nearly two decades, shared similar sentiments. He puts the onus on himself and other high-profile coaches to speak out about the cheaters in order to push them out of the sport. Promoting college basketball is essential too, but Few and others understand it's a bad look to not acknowledge, privately and publicly, what can be done to improve the sport's ethics and reputation. There's never been a better time than now.

Which is why the whole UW gang was wrong to bash Few (well, he also had two other coaches supporting him) for turning them in for recruiting violations with Heytvelt. You have a responsibility to say something.

Bogozags
12-05-2017, 02:25 PM
I think Izzo, Few and Williams are spot on BUT as long as there are REALLY BIB BUCKS available for winning, then you will find people cheating to get those Big Bucks...it is only natural for this to occur - it isn't morally right to cheat but just like politicians, these people always find the "fine lines" to circumnavigate rules...isn't this the capitalistic and communistic way?

I would love to see this get fixed but you have the foxes guarding the chickens...

rennis
12-06-2017, 07:07 AM
Excellent. Great job to Coach Few getting involved. His leadership is really starting to shine through lately, and I am really proud he is our coach.