View Full Version : Norvell WCC Player of the Week

Zagdawg
12-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Norvell Jr. Named WCC Player of the Week
Zags’ redshirt freshman receives honor after big week

http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/120417aaa.html

willandi
12-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Good for Norvell Jr and good for Gonzaga!

TexasZagFan
12-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Big D is thrilled!

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1768_zpsobjgqpcn.jpg

He absolutely loves Zach, Corey, Josh, Silas, Jesse, Rui, I think you get the point.

His favorite player, if there is one, is Killian. He was bummed out a bit when he wasn't there in July.

I may be living a bit vicariously through my son and grandson, but it was really heart warming to see how all of the players reacted to the kids. Although only a handful of those campers may end up playing Division I hoops, all the Zags have to do is get a couple of those every year. Wasn't Ravet offered a schollie at camp?

I think the highlight for my son was going one-on-one against Josh. I doubt Josh exerted much effort, but I'm sure he gave him a glimpse of what it's like to go against a Division I star player.

sittingon50
12-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Good for Zach. Didn't see that one comin'.

GoZags
12-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Big D is thrilled!

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/richkinley/IMG_1768_zpsobjgqpcn.jpg

He absolutely loves Zach, Corey, Josh, Silas, Jesse, Rui, I think you get the point.

His favorite player, if there is one, is Killian. He was bummed out a bit when he wasn't there in July.

I may be living a bit vicariously through my son and grandson, but it was really heart warming to see how all of the players reacted to the kids. Although only a handful of those campers may end up playing Division I hoops, all the Zags have to do is get a couple of those every year. Wasn't Ravet offered a schollie at camp?

I think the highlight for my son was going one-on-one against Josh. I doubt Josh exerted much effort, but I'm sure he gave him a glimpse of what it's like to go against a Division I star player.

BTW nice of Norvell to have a big smile on his face shortly after getting throttled by Big D in their game of H-O-R-S-E

TexasZagFan
12-04-2017, 10:31 AM
BTW nice of Norvell to have a big smile on his face shortly after getting throttled by Big D in their game of H-O-R-S-E

LOL, but it took Corey putting him on his shoulders to replicate his moves from Nashville...:lmao:

He's still having difficulties with a 10 ft high goal. Big D resembles a hockey player now that he's missing his two front teeth.

gonzagafan62
12-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Norvell looked so awful to begin second half of Creighton but he kept shooting and shots eventually fell. Very proud of this kid and his resiliency

TexasZagFan
12-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Norvell looked so awful to begin second half of Creighton but he kept shooting and shots eventually fell. Very proud of this kid and his resiliency

Silas was quoted speaking about Zach's confidence in his shot. Awesome that we have (at least) three newcomers with that level of self confidence (Zach, Corey, and Jesse).