PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few on Jon Rothstein's Podcast

raise the zag
12-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Solid interview.

Discussing Villlanova game, program cliche's, and this season. Team staying across street from MSG. Coach Few also saying Kispert is still hurt, but going to try and practice today.

Starts the 7:00 min mark, take a listen, link here:

College Hoops Today - Rothstein (https://www.fanragsports.com/mark-few-jay-wright-helped-me-plan-to-handle-final-four/)

“I spoke to Jay before we went to the Final Four,” Few said Monday on the College Hoops Today Podcast. “I spoke to him and he told me what to expect and what the experience was going to be like. He was great. We had an unbelievable experience with the way we handled that weekend. I wouldn’t do anything differently if we’re fortunate enough to ever go back.”

Villanova-Gonzaga feels like an Elite Eight game

The Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden has always produced some of college basketball’s best early-season games; this year should be no different.

Tuesday night’s tilt between Villanova and Gonzaga features two programs that have played in at least one of the last two national title games, with the Wildcats winning it all in 2016.

The mark of a truly special program is one that can maintain the same caliber of product while still losing key players on an annual basis; Jay Wright has mastered that over that last half-decade, and now Mark Few is doing the exactly the same thing.

Despite losing Nigel Williams-Goss, Jordan Mathews, Zach Collins, and Przemek Karnowski from last year’s team that came within inches of winning it all, the Bulldogs still look like a Final Four-caliber team out of the gate.

Gonzaga has six different players averaging in double figures and seven players averaging between 9.8 points and 15.9 points.

The World’s Most Famous Arena is in for a heck of a treat on Tuesday night at 7 ET.

DixieZag
12-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Nice job, RTZ.

Big bump to the top and 5 stars.

sittingon50
12-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks.

ZagNative
12-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Fun interview! Thanks so much for posting!