PDA

View Full Version : CBS LIKE ZAGS AT # 12 JUST BEHIND THE HEALS

ZionZag
12-03-2017, 05:15 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings

Nova at 7

DixieZag
12-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Very proud. Amazed at the team's resilience.

In a way, they sure do seem to have some of that old school "Gloryhounds" spirit to them, they play with a chip on their shoulder and DO seem to think they have something to prove.

I sure didn't think we had a top 10 team, but if they hang with Villanova right up to the end, win or lose, I'll be convinced.

ZionZag
12-03-2017, 06:59 PM

In a way, they sure do seem to have some of that old school "Gloryhounds" spirit to them, they play with a chip on their shoulder and DO seem to think they have something to prove.

I sure didn't think we had a top 10 team, but if they hang with Villanova right up to the end, win or lose, I'll be convinced.

I'm always amazed also....Last year I knew we had the most talented team since I remember but who would of "thunk" championship game and sooooo close...These coaches really know what they are doing.

Zags_Fanatic
12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Seth Davis has GU at #10. Up 2 spots from last week for him.

zagsfanforlife
12-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Give me the heels or the jayhawks on a natural court... or kentucky...

Seen all three of them multiple times... Heels second best player is Luke Maye--- and we have about two or three guys better than him-- we have more depth as well.

Jayhawks really dont have a ton outside of Graham-- Vick is good, Michaulyuak is ok.... but we have a much more complete team with far far far better inside play. (yes surprising).

Kentucky is just too young-- maybe they will get better as the year goes on.

I really dont think i am TOO much of a homer. Last year i said about 5 or 6 teams i thought were better than us throughout the year, including UCLA, AZ, who we lasted much longer than. Turns out i actually underestimated us last year.

This year i have seen three teams that might have the edge over us--- Florida, Duke, and Michigan State---

granted i have not yet seen Villanova. Looking forward to seeing them Tuesday.

sittingon50
12-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Give me the heels or the jayhawks on a natural court...

You mean like the Oregon one with the trees on it?

thespywhozaggedme
12-03-2017, 09:35 PM

So going into double O.T. against a top 5 team, blowing out a top 25 team and winning every game by double digits hasn't convinced you yet? I expect that type of doubt from non Zag fans, but not someone who watches every game.

thespywhozaggedme
12-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Give me the heels or the jayhawks on a natural court... or kentucky...

Seen all three of them multiple times... Heels second best player is Luke Maye--- and we have about two or three guys better than him-- we have more depth as well.

Jayhawks really dont have a ton outside of Graham-- Vick is good, Michaulyuak is ok.... but we have a much more complete team with far far far better inside play. (yes surprising).

Kentucky is just too young-- maybe they will get better as the year goes on.

I really dont think i am TOO much of a homer. Last year i said about 5 or 6 teams i thought were better than us throughout the year, including UCLA, AZ, who we lasted much longer than. Turns out i actually underestimated us last year.

This year i have seen three teams that might have the edge over us--- Florida, Duke, and Michigan State---

granted i have not yet seen Villanova. Looking forward to seeing them Tuesday.

Agreed. The only team in America that I think we'd struggle with is Puke, but I like our depth better than theirs. Oh and Florida. :-)

zagsfanforlife
12-04-2017, 01:26 PM
You mean like the Oregon one with the trees on it?

haha! That made me laugh. Thanks !

Zagger
12-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Me too :) When flipping channels and run across O I first think there’s some shadow on the court. Takes me a second or two for court recognition. However, I really like it :)

Back to Zags .... it’s sweet to be underrated - rather than over-r. These Zags are fun to watch - even w/ the nail biting!

sittingon50
12-04-2017, 08:31 PM

Sorry zffl; I'm a schmuck & couldn't pass it up!!:rolleyes: