USF @ Arizona State 6:00pm PAC12
BYU @ Utah State 6:00pm
#14 USC @ SMU 7:00pm ESPNU
PEPP @ Cal Poly
USD @ UC Santa Barbara
Ark - Pine Bluff @ Santa Clara
Arizona @ UNLV 7:00pm CBSSN
Nevada @ UC Irvine
SMC @ California 8:00pm PAC12 ( Must win for the Gaels ? )

Have a fine Saturday everyone.

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 10:41 AM
#11 Cincy 76
#21 Xavier 89
Zags jump Cincy?

raise the zag
12-02-2017, 10:52 AM
#11 Cincy 76
#21 Xavier 89
Zags jump Cincy?

Better question, does Xavier jump Gonzaga?

X beat #16 Baylor and #11 Cincy in the past few days.

We'll see...

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Wonder if the team will watch Villanova @ St Joe’s together this afternoon. I’m gonna tape it and watch late night tonight.

TexasZagFan
12-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Only thing that would have made Michigan-Indiana worse would be having Dakich providing the commentary. With 5 minutes to go in the first half, the score was 25-15.

Naturally, they were probably praising the tough defense played by both teams.

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Here we go again, Cougs down big @ half

UC Davis 42
Cougs 25

RenoZag
12-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Baylor 62
Shockers 69

FINAL

Shockers prevail, ending Baylor's 46 consecutive non-conference game home winning streak.

Baylor played without Terry Matson (11.7 ppg, 7.7 rpg ) who suffered a broken hand in a loss vs. Xavier on Tuesday.

caduceus
12-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Scary:

S.C. State senior guard Tyvoris Solomon collapsed on the bench during his team's game against N.C. State, leading to a terrifying scene at PNC Arena, with training staff performing CPR on the unconscious player while both teams gathered in prayer.

Solomon is reportedly "awake and responding," coach Murray Garvin told ESPN's Jeff Goodman.

caduceus
12-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Incarnate Word vs. Sac State game cancelled. Wonder why?

jazzdelmar
12-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Incarnate Word vs. Sac State game cancelled. Wonder why?

The Hosts had not arrived yet? JK, awful joke.

caduceus
12-02-2017, 12:18 PM

LOL! :clap::bishop_smiley:

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 12:51 PM

:roll:

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 12:53 PM
UC Davis 81
Cougs 67 (6-1)

The only redeeming thing out of this is there was probably no one there to see it, so will fly under the radar.

Zagceo
12-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Funk Freshmen for Hawks looks like a Tillie type player....

seacatfan
12-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Ohio St. was up 30 late in the game against Wisconsin. Badgers not looking good this year. Loss would drop them to 3-5.

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 03:33 PM
LMU 74
Oregon St. 78

Ohio St. 83
Wisky 58!! OSU crushes Wisconsin @ Wisconsin?!@#$ Wow. (Thanks for the heads-up, seacat)

Nova 94
St. Joe's 53 (Ouch)

IUPUI 64
Ball St. 83

scott257
12-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Watched the Villanova game. Guess we can expect a press, lots of 3 point attempts. They are very deliberate and don’t make many mistakes but I really didn’t see that they are more physical than us. Look at their early record, they have not played a challenging game yet this season. If they are going to beat us, they will have to work much harder than they did today.

23dpg
12-02-2017, 04:35 PM
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/schedule

Have a fine Saturday everyone.

Yes

bartruff1
12-02-2017, 06:41 PM
In spite of the score of the Nova St Joe game......I changed my prediction to Gonzaga winning... I am thinking (hoping) that Gonzaga is going to be able to play inside out and is stronger and more talented inside than Villanova.... if the Zags play defense for 40 minutes they can do this....

I have no use for Cincy or X.......

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 07:08 PM
BYU 75
Utah St. 66

usf 57
Ariz. St. 75

Texas So. 69
Toledo 71

ZagOD7540
12-02-2017, 07:31 PM

Come on Cal. Play like you did against Wichita, not Chaminade

bballbeachbum
12-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Cal apparently clueless on how to defend SMC. overhelping on penetration leaving open shooters everywhere

ZagOD7540
12-02-2017, 07:46 PM
Cal apparently clueless on how to defend SMC. overhelping on penetration leaving open shooters everywhere

Yep-poor scouting

bballbeachbum
12-02-2017, 07:47 PM
SMC finishing off the bounce too

bballbeachbum
12-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Cal sucks

adoptedzag
12-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Yep-poor scouting

Poor everything. Cal is just plain bad.

bballbeachbum
12-02-2017, 07:51 PM
no Jock and SMC went off with the dribble O and no big post or at least not looking in there

ZagOD7540
12-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Poor everything. Cal is just plain bad.

They are awful aren’t they- no wonder they lost to Chaminade...congrats Gaels...gonna be a great road win to get you in the NIT instead of the CBI

adoptedzag
12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Zona in a tight ending

Markburn1
12-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Zona in a tight ending

I spotted what's wrong with Zona. I saw Romar on the bench.

sittingon50
12-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Pepperdine 81`
Cal Poly 91

San Diego 57
UC Santa Barbara 67

Ark. Pine Bluff 57
Santa Clara 72

gonstu
12-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Pepperdine 81`
Cal Poly 91

San Diego 57
UC Santa Barbara 67

Ark. Pine Bluff 57
Santa Clara 72

Ouch

23dpg
12-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Zona holds on in OT. I caught the last 2 minutes. It was ugly. UNLV didn’t play smart down the stretch.

seacatfan
12-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Jeez, the Pac 12 sucks this year. So does the WCC outside of GU. Middle to bottom of the WCC teams keeps losing to the Big West and the Big Sky. Zags gotta rep the West Coast this year, doesn't look like anybody else is gonna do it (or maybe Arizona St. as a really, really long shot).

23dpg
12-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Jeez, the Pac 12 sucks this year. So does the WCC outside of GU. Middle to bottom of the WCC teams keeps losing to the Big West and the Big Sky. Zags gotta rep the West Coast this year, doesn't look like anybody else is gonna do it (or maybe Arizona St. as a really, really long shot).

Completely agree. The West Coast hasn’t been this bad in years, probably decades. Add the Big Ten to the crap fest.

Section 116
12-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Michigan State out of the Big Ten appears to be a contender, the rest of the league not so much!

CDC84
12-02-2017, 08:45 PM
PJC is just not good enough to be the starting PG for a blue blood program. Nice backup. That's part of the problem with Arizona right now.

They have a couple of big games this coming week against Texas A&M and Alabama. We'll see if this helps elevates the team's confidence.

St. Mary's is up 13 at Cal with 5:27 to go. It's been that way all game. Keep in mind Cal is picked to finish second to last in the Pac 12 this season.

USC still has a ways to go as a program. The talent level is increasing, but I think some members of the media need to realize that it takes more than that to get out of the widespread belief that USC basketball is nothing more that a program that will be thrown underneath the bus to protect its big time football program.

CDC84
12-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Wichita State really had a nice win at Baylor today. True road win.

Duke has a habit of playing down to the competition. They are a very good team, but usually when Duke plays guarantee games, they annihilate the low major like no other program. We are talking 60 pt. wins. Hasn't happened this year.

seacatfan
12-02-2017, 09:22 PM
PJC is just not good enough to be the starting PG for a blue blood program. Nice backup. That's part of the problem with Arizona right now.

That's been a continuing problem, really TJ McConnell has been the only adequate true PG during Miller's entire tenure at Arizona. Guys like Momo Jones and Mark Lyons did some good things but really weren't PG. Nick Johnson got forced to play there at times too, not a good fit for him. Kadeem Allen was a jack of all trades but again, not a PG. Can't believe that a former high level college PG, who is otherwise pretty strong on the recruiting front, can't seem to recruit a PG.

CDC84
12-02-2017, 10:21 PM
In case anyone didn't notice, the annual Crosstown Shootout had yet another nasty incident:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/news/cincinnati-xavier-crosstown-shootout-fight-mick-cronin-jp-macura-press-conference-video-news/1sfogqzxfvkb51xni3gkx7l0c0

Look, Duke/UNC is college basketball's best rivalry, but I am not sure that American sports has a "nastier" rivalry than Cincy/XU. The Duke and Carolina kids are known for scrimmaging and training together during the offseason. Chris Mack and Mick Cronin probably have banned their players from having any contact with a player or coach from the opposing team. I have yet to see a Cincy/XU game that didn't feature at least one technical foul. They usually feature 3 or 4. Something went wrong with this rivalry several years ago to where sportsmanship and respect became irrelevant, and it was many years before the brawl we all know about. It is to my understanding that it is "the norm" for the players, coaches and staff to exchange "F" words and all sorts of foul phrases at each other during the game and post-game. It's not just the players - the coaches, the team managers, the DBO's all get into it. They really ought to just skip the handshake line because it's just calling for an incident. It's a miracle that punches weren't thrown today. I am not sure what the cure is beyond just not playing the game. But I am almost positive that if police weren't present and if there weren't the possibility of suspensions that we would see fights at this game every season. It has a violent edge to it that no rivalry has......it's pretty nasty stuff folks.

caduceus
12-03-2017, 12:09 AM
In case anyone didn't notice, the annual Crosstown Shootout had yet another nasty incident:

Yeah, about that:

https://i.imgur.com/B3Nw9jn.gif

RenoZag
12-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Michigan State out of the Big Ten appears to be a contender, the rest of the league not so much!

The #12 Golden Gophers have a decent record ( 7 - 1) but the level of competition so far is underwhelming. This week they have road games against Nebraska and Arkansas.

Nevada Don
12-03-2017, 12:05 PM
They are awful aren’t they- no wonder they lost to Chaminade...congrats Gaels...gonna be a great road win to get you in the NIT instead of the CBI

Would love to see you say that directly to the team. I might be able to arrange a meeting.

TexasZagFan
12-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Would love to see you say that directly to the team. I might be able to arrange a meeting.

Maybe that was a bit harsh, Don, but holy smokes...I've read the recent complaints on GIAG about Bennett's OOC scheduling. You have fans within your own community worried about making the Dance as an at large after losing to Georgia and WSU.

Gonzdb8
12-03-2017, 01:00 PM

why wouldn't he say that to the team? are they in the habit of assaulting people who criticize them?

jazzdelmar
12-03-2017, 01:41 PM

Yes, an indelicate comment. But you are way off base Don. This is a Gonzaga board, warts and all. Thereís the door if you are offended.

bartruff1
12-03-2017, 02:21 PM
I'm offended but I am not leaving....I find Don's posts to be very interesting..... as opposed to the middle school cheap shot krap you can find in here in abundance ...

sittingon50
12-03-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm offended but I am not leaving....I find Don's posts to be very interesting..... as opposed to the middle school cheap shot krap you can find in here in abundance ...

Agree. It's tiresome.

Who gives a #### how SMC schedules? It's their business, just as it's Mark Few's business how he schedules for GU.

Let's argue about tacos. More productive.

gonzagafan62
12-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Agreed

jazzdelmar
12-03-2017, 02:57 PM
The holier than thous mount the pulpit.

sittingon50
12-03-2017, 03:08 PM

Yea, think I might get a nose bleed up here.

:horse:

DixieZag
12-03-2017, 03:19 PM

By every account Randy is a well-liked guy by everyone who knows him, always makes SMC and the conferece look good when interviewed, and without him, the WCC would be a wasteland - at least we know there will always be a few "good games" in conference when Randy's around.

That being said, his scheduling hurts the conference and it hurts the players, and that's where our comments are fair. If it's fair to praise him and the job he's done (and it is, they won 3 games or something like that the year before he arrived), then it's also fair to note that if he scheduled some great wins or good loss games, the entire conference would benefit, including GU.

Beyond that, this board has consistently noted that Randy recruits very likeable players - and that's damn hard to do when those players can drop heart-breaking losses on you. So, why wouldn't the Board take up for those same players who are robbed of the chance to go on the road and beat some good schools? Granted, they've really set themselves back this year by those 2 losses, but still - now they can't make it up. They literally have 3 games that will essentially define their season. How is that fair to them?

jazzdelmar
12-03-2017, 03:33 PM
By every account Randy is a well-liked guy by everyone who knows him, always makes SMC and the conferece look good when interviewed, and without him, the WCC would be a wasteland - at least we know there will always be a few "good games" in conference when Randy's around.

That being said, his scheduling hurts the conference and it hurts the players, and that's where our comments are fair. If it's fair to praise him and the job he's done (and it is, they won 3 games or something like that the year before he arrived), then it's also fair to note that if he scheduled some great wins or good loss games, the entire conference would benefit, including GU.

Beyond that, this board has consistently noted that Randy recruits very likeable players - and that's damn hard to do when those players can drop heart-breaking losses on you. So, why wouldn't the Board take up for those same players who are robbed of the chance to go on the road and beat some good schools? Granted, they've really set themselvres back this year by those 2 losses, but still - now they can't make it up. They literally have 3 games that will essentially define their season. How is that fair to them?

Point well taken. But the issue here, it seems to me, is that Gonzaga has to take care of Gonzaga and not wistfully hope the dreck in the WCC will somehow find the institutional will to raise the standards of their bb team. Ain’t happening.

sittingon50
12-03-2017, 03:40 PM

Beyond that, this board has consistently noted that Randy recruits very likeable players - and that's damn hard to do when those players can drop heart-breaking losses on you. So, why wouldn't the Board take up for those same players who are robbed of the chance to go on the road and beat some good schools? Granted, they've really set themselves back this year by those 2 losses, but still - now they can't make it up. They literally have 3 games that will essentially define their season. How is that fair to them?

Very well stated Dix. But these kids have year's worth of scheduling to know exactly what they're getting into & they proceed.

No reason to feel sorry for them.

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-03-2017, 03:47 PM

Well said Dixie. Nevada Don, please donít take offense; given how clear the selection committee has been about strength of schedule, itís a fair critique of the Gaels. Wichita State has adjusted. SMC needs to as well:
http://http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/120124/road-tested-shockers-aiming-for-correctly-high-seed (http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/120124/road-tested-shockers-aiming-for-correctly-high-seed)

ZagOD7540
12-03-2017, 06:24 PM

Ouch-did that one sting???

ZagOD7540
12-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Point well taken. But the issue here, it seems to me, is that Gonzaga has to take care of Gonzaga and not wistfully hope the dreck in the WCC will somehow find the institutional will to raise the standards of their bb team. Ain’t happening.

Spot on Jazz