PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Villanova - Predictions/What you hope to see

LongIslandZagFan
12-01-2017, 08:30 PM
As I will be attending said game, results may be delayed somewhat. Depends on whether we decide to stay for Cuse/UConn game and the LIRR... but will hope to have standings done by 9 PST.

That out of the way... Zags are a missed free throw, IMHO, away from a perfect season as I honestly think they could have beat Duke... What are you guys hoping to see, thoughts on the game... and of course predictions.

I like these threads because people NOT predicting still participate which is the intent of these threads. We've had some good conversations leading up to these games... lets keep it going and don't be shy if you aren't predicting a score. I'll sift through it all for the predictions.

Have at it boys and girls!

former1dog
12-01-2017, 08:31 PM
80-74, good,guys!

Zagdawg
12-01-2017, 08:32 PM
82 -76 Zags

thespywhozaggedme
12-01-2017, 08:32 PM
84-76 Zags

willandi
12-01-2017, 08:33 PM
85 80 Zags

bartruff1
12-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Gonzaga 85-78

thespywhozaggedme
12-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Can someone tell me what exactly Nova has done to be ranked 4th? They haven't beaten anyone really good, unless you count UNI as "really good". They have no one over 6'9 on their roster. They are severely over rated by many pundits and some on this board. Here's their schedule thus far:

AR SEASON
vs CLMB W75-60
vs NICH W113-77
vs LAF W104-57
vs WKU W66-58
vs TENN W85-76
vs UNI W64-50
vs PENN W90-62

Goshzagit
12-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Can someone tell me what exactly Nova has done to be ranked 4th? They haven't beaten anyone really good, unless you count UNI as "really good". They have no one over 6'9 on their roster. They are severely over rated by many pundits and some on this board. Here's their schedule thus far:

AR SEASON
vs CLMB W75-60
vs NICH W113-77
vs LAF W104-57
vs WKU W66-58
vs TENN W85-76
vs UNI W64-50
vs PENN W90-62

dude, do you only look at box scores to judge players and teams?

Have you seen Villanova?

We have not faced a team with their versatility. I agree they aren't amazing in one area, yet that is what makes them great. They do everything well. They score, shoot, defend, out smart, and out play you. Balanced, well coached, athletic, experienced, and not many weaknesses.

They are as electric as Florida, yet much better defense.

They are as long as Texas, yet more disciplined.

They shoot as well as Creighton, yet better bigs.

They are athletic as Ohio St, yet more experienced.

Nova brings all the strengths and none of the weaknesses of teams we've faced.

IF we play like we did tonight in 2nd half -- intensity, sharing the ball, defense, hitting shots, not forcing things -- then yes, we have a great shot.

ZagOD7540
12-01-2017, 09:44 PM

sometimes I wonder if you watch these guys play.

Have you seen Villanova?

We have not faced a team with their versatility. I agree they aren't amazing in one area, yet that is what makes them great. They do everything well. They score, shoot, defend, out smart, and out play you. Balanced, well coached, athletic, experienced, and not many weaknesses.

IF we play like we did tonight in 2nd half -- intensity, sharing the ball, defense, hitting shots, not forcing things -- then yes, we have a great shot.

I think we should just bag the trip

CdAZagFan
12-01-2017, 09:50 PM
I feel like we're playing with house money... Hope we go in loose and have some fun. I still think this may be one of the few L's this team absorbs this season:

Nova 80
GU 70

TexasZagFan
12-01-2017, 11:04 PM
My prediction: coming out party for Mr. Larsen. He's about the only one of the newcomers yet to not have a signature game.

I also expect Villanova to be Rui-nated.

Zagceo
12-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Villanova plays at St Johns tomorrow ..could be a trap game..highly doubtful

84 nova
78 Zags

Zags11
12-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Villy 85

Zags 78

If at home? We win. Its not. We still fight.

azzagfan
12-02-2017, 03:11 AM
Zags are the highest ranked opponent on their schedule. They'll be fired up. Great game.

92-91 Villanova in OT.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-02-2017, 03:37 AM

Have you seen Villanova?

Villanova absolutely looks the part of a Final Four team. They are a more consistent team than we have been up to this point. TeamRankings.com gives us a 43% chance to win this one. That seems about right.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/gonzaga-bulldogs/projections

Zagger
12-02-2017, 04:20 AM
Zags are the highest ranked opponent on their schedule. They'll be fired up. Great game.

92-91 Villanova in OT.

I'm half tempted to think it'll be an overtime game too. I sure hope not though - hard on the heart! So, just can't muster up an overtime score. I think the Zags are going to win (wishful gut feeling) and the score will be ....

Zags 90, Villanova 80

My mindset on this score is that the Zags will be playing pretty tough D and be really fired up for this game - especially J3 and Tillie. This Zag bunch is pretty driven and certainly not shy about who/where they play. I also feel Perks has a chip on his jaw :) and Silas is becoming our stealth Ninja. Anywho .... that's my Zag Koolaid tainted prediction :)

jazzdelmar
12-02-2017, 05:00 AM
Nova plays crushing D. Double the ball often. Premium on ball handling this game. They are UVa-smart. And Wright is a terrific coach. Their fan base will be noisy. Scored 3 great tix from UConn staff.......2d game is actually the feature, with 2 legacy BE teams; however, both are a bit off this year. Back in the day, the UConn fan base at MSG was a sight to behold. “You——-Konn,” as loud as can be.

stevet75
12-02-2017, 05:01 AM
Zags 87 -82 1OT

RenoZag
12-02-2017, 05:39 AM
Wildcats 84
Bulldogs 77

Hope we see the quality of play @ MSG that allowed the Zags to beat down UNC on 11.22.2006 and not the struggles had versus the Blue Devils a month later. . .

I think they'll be competitive but I think Nova's guards are better than our guards. I also expect to see the Zags complaining to the zebras about calls and no-calls. . .if the refs are calling it tight, they need to adapt to it and not get in early foul trouble.

ZenZag
12-02-2017, 06:20 AM
Zags - 83
Vill - 81

hooter73
12-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Kispert changes that 43% chance to a 50% in my opinion.

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-02-2017, 06:58 AM
Villanova plays at St Johns tomorrow ..could be a trap game..highly doubtful

84 nova
78 Zags

Is St John’s homecourt still MSG? EDIT: Never mind, Villanova playing St. Joseph’s not St. John’s

Top “ what I hope to see” item = Silas Melson returning to the scene of his 1st NCAA field goal attempt and make ( a straightaway 3 pointer he drilled shortly after checking in for the injured Perkins.. yes, the broken jaw game) and continuing his hot shooting and overall fantastic play.

I also hope to see Zags hit the court w same intensity level as 2nd half vs Creighton from the get go. Agree w earlier post re: Larsen is only new rotation player without a signature game...well, he and Jones. I think both are capable of one.

More Alpha Tillie too please!!

stretch
12-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Old theme- Gonzaga not getting much respect from some posters on this Villanova fan forum:

https://247sports.com/college/villanova/Board/106104/Contents/Gonzaga-110725058

From Nov. 18:

Hands down the worst team of the Mark Few era and in the last 20 years. Just not a lot to work with here. Pretty surprising he didn’t have a stronger class coming in knowing so much talent was exiting the program. Nova will put the hammer to these guys at MSG. Ignore the ridiculous # next to their name. This team wouldn’t finish in the top 5 of the Big East.

bigblahla
12-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Zags win 89-75

Go!! Zags!!!

sullyzag66
12-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Old theme- Gonzaga not getting much respect from some posters on this Villanova fan forum:

From Nov. 18:

And then came PK80...

But Villanova is flat-out good.

Kiddwell
12-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Cats Nipped, a poem
<ahem>
Apples are red,
Oughta be fun.
Zags in the Garden,
Beat 'Nova by one.
-------
:boxing:

Zags - 74
Wildcats - 73

:]

ZagMan in Philly
12-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Living in their backyard for over 20 years, I know Nova. This year's team is not their best, they are good but not Duke good.
Zags have size advantage, and are playing well. We are one made free throw from elite. Like coach said, this team can play with any team right now. I really like our chances, and maybe a game for all the ages at MSG. I Look forward for Norvell to shoot the lights out, and Tille to post his double double.
Zags 82
Nova 77

Radbooks
12-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Zags - 84
Cats - 81

Coach Crazy
12-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Zags 93
Cats 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amaronizag
12-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Zags 88 -- NOVA 80

willandi
12-02-2017, 05:07 PM

From Nov. 18:

Where do they think Creighton will finish? Zags beat them pretty handily.

FlyZag
12-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Nova with a STATEMENT.

Cats - 83
Dogs- 69

23dpg
12-02-2017, 08:33 PM
Prediction? Villanova will be favored by 5.5.
What I hope to see? Zags 80 - Nova 76.

CDC84
12-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Keep good care of the basketball. Minimize TO's, and expect a pro-Nova crowd. If they do that, the Zags will have a chance. If they don't, it'll probably be a 16 pt. win for the Wildcats. Hopefully Kispert gets well. I know Norvell was great Friday, but he's a defensive liability right now. GU needs all hands on deck.

ZagsObserver
12-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Zags 77
Nova 86

Hate to say it.

MontanaCoyote
12-03-2017, 08:29 AM
A win or super competitive loss.

billbow47
12-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Zags 79 Nova 74.....Zags don't need a go to guy, we have 7 of them. Probe for Nova's weakness and exploit.

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Zags 77 - Nova 82.

Our three-point defense hasn’t been consistent enough to stop a great shooting team from going on a run or two. If Kispert, Norvell, and Rui do a better job of defending the three-point line, the Zags will win.

All Weather Fan
12-03-2017, 09:48 AM
82 - 80. Zags of course !

jazzdelmar
12-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Nova 82-74. No answer for Brunson and DiVincenzo, bad matchups for Zags.

MDABE80
12-03-2017, 11:54 AM
Defense will tell the story. Our bigs should excell. Close game.

ZagsGoZags
12-03-2017, 12:31 PM
nova 80
zags 76

ZagDad84
12-03-2017, 02:03 PM

Have you seen Villanova?

So it is another eye test. GU is being taken to task for 4 bad minutes against Texas. What has Villanova done this year to justify their lofty ranking? Keep in mind that it is easy to look good when you are playing inferior competition. We will be by far, the best team Villanova plays in their OOC schedule. GU has already played one top 10 team and 3 top 25 teams and looked very good doing it for the most part.

Is Villanova good, obviously. Are they well coached, most certainly. Are they effectively playing a home game 3 time zones away from the GU campus, yes.

As with any quality team, if you do not play excellent defense, do not shoot well, get into foul trouble or have unavailable or injured players, the game can swing dramatically.

If we have everybody available, with the game played in NY at MSG I would expect Villanova to be a slight favorite. If GU plays offense and defense for 4 quarters they way they did in the 2nd half against Creighton, Villanova will get surprised. I don't think Few or Wright will let the game get out of hand.

The winning team will win by less than 10 points and it could be either team, not accounting for any hack a shack at the end of the game.

ZagDad

GU69
12-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Before this season started I was positive that GU would lose this game. We didn't seem to have a chance. However, after the Florida, Texas, and Creighton games I think that we can play with anybody. I'm still not convinced that we'll win this one because it's in MSG, but I'm not going to pick GU to lose to anyone this season.
GU 77
Nova 75

GrizZAG
12-03-2017, 07:48 PM
In their grill defense can win this if we take care of the ball. We've got the horsepower. Zags 91 Villians 87

Hoopaholic
12-03-2017, 08:22 PM
In their grill defense can win this if we take care of the ball. We've got the horsepower. Zags 91 Villians 87

holy smokes my friend Griz Zag.....in grill defense and score near the 90's wow sounds like a shootout to me...hope you and family doing well

slickguser
12-03-2017, 08:40 PM
I want a redemptive start for Perkins at MSG; which would will really set the tone of the game. I am very glad the Creighton game produced 3 players with personal highs. Not only can that affect a scouting report, but will provide confidence. I hope to see Norvell continue to grow within the system and stay aggressive with drives to the hoop. Williams is due in a big way too. I know this will be a tough matchup but the homer in me has it:
Zags 85
Vills 82

LongIslandZagFan
12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Dogs 88
Cats 81

Barnburner... will be a fun game to watch. Will be interesting to see who the Cuse and UConn fans root for.

tummydoc
12-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Gonzaga 87, villain-ova 84

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-04-2017, 01:20 AM
Dogs 88
Cats 81

Barnburner... will be a fun game to watch. Will be interesting to see who the Cuse and UConn fans root for.

Also interested to see if Rui draws a sizable contingent of Japanese Zag fans. There will be a bigger than usual group of Japanese media I bet.

Zaga
12-04-2017, 04:38 AM
79-67 Zags.

Birds can be blue and Cats can be black, but we need this win to go back to back! :) so sorry

DixieZag
12-04-2017, 05:37 AM
I really think we need Kispert, but we won't know until game time.

I would like to see Rui have a huge game bc I don't think they can match-up or account for him with double teams without getting hurt elsewhere.

Somehow Perk has to get loose from 3 and JWIII needs position deeper in the lane, Tillie goes to another level

Close street fight, an effort identical to Florida, except this time we make the FTs

Zags 81
Nova 79

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-04-2017, 07:54 AM
I really think we need Kispert, but we won't know until game time.

I would like to see Rui have a huge game bc I don't think they can match-up or account for him with double teams without getting hurt elsewhere.

Somehow Perk has to get loose from 3 and JWIII needs position deeper in the lane, Tillie goes to another level

Close street fight, an effort identical to Florida, except this time we make the FTs

Zags 81
Nova 79

Mikal Bridges, 6’7” 210lb RS junior is actually a very good matchup vs Rui ( or Kispert, or Norvell’s). Paschall and Spellman at the 4 & 5 spots also match up well vs JWIII & Tillie.
http://http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nova-m-baskbl-mtt.html (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nova-m-baskbl-mtt.html)

thebigsmoove
12-04-2017, 07:55 AM
Zags 72
Cats 77

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Nova 82-74. No answer for Brunson and DiVincenzo, bad matchups for Zags.

What's their answer for Tillie and JWIII? Great matchup.

raise the zag
12-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Rothstein just posted @7am, Kispert is 'uncertain/questionable' for Villanova game.

I say if he's less than 90%, rest him. 4 more months of bball to play.

Nova would be a season-changing win, but really not make or break at this juncture.

CanadZag
12-04-2017, 08:14 AM
Zags 71
Nova 69

mattydog73
12-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Zags 84
Nova 76

I would like to see a better game from JW3, Josh to make solid decisions and Rui,Silas and Tillie continue to be aggressive in looking for their shot and making a difference all over the court.

Nova REALLY depends on Bridges and Brunson, so I want to see some foul pressure placed on them. With these two off the court, Nova has really struggled.

scrooner
12-04-2017, 09:57 AM
The blueprint against the Zags seems to be to double Josh early and double JWIII late to disrupt the O and get easy turnovers. Will the Zags be able to fix it in time?

TexasZagFan
12-04-2017, 10:16 AM
The blueprint against the Zags seems to be to double Josh early and double JWIII late to disrupt the O and get easy turnovers. Will the Zags be able to fix it in time?

Let's hope so. That "blueprint" led to three other Zags scoring 20+ each. Now that our newcomers have 5+ games under their feet, they're doing a much better job at recognizing the situation, and where and when to attack.

Villanova's a different breed of cat, though.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2017, 10:19 AM

"fix it"? We lost one game in double ot to the #5 team in the land.

TexasZagFan
12-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Considering that J3 had several turnovers when doubled, it is a bit of a concern. However, it looked like it was corrected in the second half of the Creighton game.

Psychozag
12-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Villanova - 78
Gonzaga - 74

DixieZag
12-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Mikal Bridges, 6’7” 210lb RS junior is actually a very good matchup vs Rui ( or Kispert, or Norvell’s). Paschall and Spellman at the 4 & 5 spots also match up well vs JWIII & Tillie.
http://http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nova-m-baskbl-mtt.html (http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nova-m-baskbl-mtt.html)

Good post and thank you for the reply.

I was thinking more about the fact that since I have no idea what Rui is going to do next, nor do I think Few ever has a good idea what Rui is going to do next, Rui is pretty hard to "scout" and thus guard. :) Kidding, but with his speed and size, Rui is the type that pulls the rebound, runs the floor, with me yelling "No, no, no" - but nowadays is finishing those drives.

I have not watched them much, I only know that they're not loaded with 7' footers, and maybe don't have a lot of depth with bigs. So, perhaps we can get those 2 in foul trouble by using our size.

upan8th
12-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Villanova comes out firing, up by double digits early. Zags crawl back, trail by 5 at the half. Close throughout 2nd half until Williams and Tillie each pick up their fourth fouls. With those two inside defenders on the bench, Wildcat guards shred Perkins & Norvell on drives to the hoop. Nova prevails by making 10 of 12 FTs in the last three minutes. Final: Nova 77 GU 73. Zags actually make more FGs, but Nova sinks 10 more FT's as GU whistled for 12 more fouls than VU. Age old issue of east coast bias raised by foul disparity.

thespywhozaggedme
12-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Villanova comes out firing, up by double digits early. Zags crawl back, trail by 5 at the half. Close throughout 2nd half until Williams and Tillie each pick up their fourth fouls. With those two inside defenders on the bench, Wildcat guards shred Perkins & Norvell on drives to the hoop. Nova prevails by making 10 of 12 FTs in the last three minutes. Final: Nova 77 GU 73. Zags actually make more FGs, but Nova sinks 10 more FT's as GU whistled for 12 more fouls than VU. Age old issue of east coast bias raised by foul disparity.

I don't think I've ever seen a post blaming the refs for the outcome of the game before the game has even been played. Congrats, LOL

Skimhvn
12-04-2017, 12:09 PM
A Nova fan says Gonzaga wouldn't finish in the TOP5 of the BE.

ZagzKrak
12-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Zags 81
Nova 74

TexasZagFan
12-04-2017, 12:40 PM
A Nova fan says Gonzaga wouldn't finish in the TOP5 of the BE.

Skim, Zag fans are used to comments like these. We just keep sawing wood. IIRC, the Zags extended their lead against Creighton with Josh on the bench.

I hope to see an intrepid reporter asking the VU coach if the Zags would be a good fit during the next round of BE expansion.

ETA: if you read down that page, Abe and other Zag posters contributed their thoughts.

zag67
12-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Gu 80 - 73

bartruff1
12-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Villanova favored by 4.5.......145 o/u

scrooner
12-04-2017, 01:23 PM

I don't see us winning this game if Perkins and JWIII go 6 for 16 with 9 turnovers like they did against Creighton. Villanova is 2nd & 6th in KenPom's adjusted O and D. Creighton is 19th and 74th.

bballbeachbum
12-04-2017, 02:24 PM
hope to see continued growing confidence in their collective and individual abilities to compete successfully on both ends in all aspects, and if accomplished whatever results that brings

Zagricultural
12-04-2017, 04:07 PM
79-77 Zags

gonzagafan62
12-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Last Times we've played current big east teams:

St. John's - Blowout win
Xavier - Blowout win
Creighton - Blowout win (on scoreboard they were actually close all game)
Marquette - won by 3 in CBE classic in KC.
Butler was a loss. Oh well. And that was @butler. But I believe we destroyed them the year before in Spokane.

These big east teams always think they are so much better and tougher than us. And every time they start thinking that they get their @$$ handed to them. Villanova may win but they aren't going to win easy. They're going to get a street fight. West Virginia thought they'd get an easy win against us in the tournament .... we were tougher...

Florida is a great team and we barely lost. Again I think Nova will win but they're the better team ... and they should.... but that doesn't mean crap when the ball is tipped off tomorrow

BayAreaZagFan
12-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Picking with my heart.

Zags - 78
Villa-ovarated - 73

MDABE80
12-04-2017, 07:01 PM
It's a given that we all wish there be no injuries. I happen to think a very focused 3 pt defense will win this on for us. Thus far, we've not been challenged from long distance like Nova will If we rebound well and play hard defense, we can win this. I'm no genius on this and I'm sure Few knows the same thing. 17-19 3's made will lose this game for us. If defense cuts that in half, we should be ok.
Time zone changes can have severe effects, but the kids left only 48 hrs prior to game time. Adrenal glands take nearly a week to adjust. In that regard, we should be ok. It's a 4 pm game our time. We need this one. Our last big game prior to league.

DEFENSE will determine the winner.

Zagdawg
12-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Hope the boys handle the trip back East and get a little extra road experience along with a solid win-- I will 3rd the no injuries.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Nova plays crushing D. Double the ball often. Premium on ball handling this game. They are UVa-smart. And Wright is a terrific coach. Their fan base will be noisy. Scored 3 great tix from UConn staff.......2d game is actually the feature, with 2 legacy BE teams; however, both are a bit off this year. Back in the day, the UConn fan base at MSG was a sight to behold. “You——-Konn,” as loud as can be.

Congrats Jazz!!!!!!!!!! Nova also #1 Kenpom. I mean last year we were #1 KP at the end of the year and people were still labeling us as a team with a soft schedule because of conference. Nova is for real. If we beat them at MSG we are looking at a guaranteed top 3 seed.

ValencyLovesZagsInAtlanta
12-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Wildcats 84
Bulldogs 77

Hope we see the quality of play @ MSG that allowed the Zags to beat down UNC on 11.22.2006 and not the struggles had versus the Blue Devils a month later. . .

I think they'll be competitive but I think Nova's guards are better than our guards. I also expect to see the Zags complaining to the zebras about calls and no-calls. . .if the refs are calling it tight, they need to adapt to it and not get in early foul trouble.

Fairs points superstar! Lets see what happens! Should be electric!!!!!!!!

Kong-Kool-Aid
12-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Zags 93 - Nova 84

Zag_Dad
12-04-2017, 08:46 PM
GU 76
Nova 71

Melson and Norvell play exceptional defense. Williams and Tillie are unstoppable. Perkins doesn't turn the ball over at all. Zags hold Nova to under 50% from the field.

Kemo 1966
12-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Las Vegas boys have posted their odds........ LV sez .... Villanova 77 GU 72. Would like to see a complete game ... @MSG...... so the Heart has it:

GU 91 - 88 'Cats

GrizZAG
12-04-2017, 09:18 PM
holy smokes my friend Griz Zag.....in grill defense and score near the 90's wow sounds like a shootout to me...hope you and family doing well

Two teams with major firepower. Score will be high but D wins this one with low turnovers. Epic battle coming. Doing great in the desert Ed. :cheers:

Reborn
12-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Gonzaga wins by seven, 83-76.

kitzbuel
12-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Zags 75

Cats 78

Hope I am wrong

raise the zag
12-05-2017, 01:43 AM
Las Vegas boys have posted their odds........ LV sez .... Villanova 77 GU 72. Would like to see a complete game ... @MSG...... so the Heart has it:

GU 91 - 88 'Cats

As it relates to College Bball, I'm not a fan of LV odds makers. Other sports, sure, but I lean more towards Pomeroy.

This time, however, sounds about right...

Villanova is Pom's #1 team for a reason.

I do think Villanova is stacked, and easily the best team we will face all season. They would beat Florida. VERY similar teams, yet Nova has more skilled bigs and WAY better defense.

I would pick Nova vs any team not named Duke this season, including us.

I expect our fuys to compete yet they are too efficient on both sides for our young guys and depth (Rui, Norvell, Kispert, Larsen) to keep up with this well oiled machine of a team right now. Too tough to defend them in a true road environment.

By seasons end, could be a different story...

In early December, Nova 79 Zags 71

By late March, Zags 77 Nova 75

BeachZag
12-05-2017, 09:45 AM
Play loose and enjoy the game - and Perkins said he'd stay out of the left corner - good as he hits threes from straight on. I think the youngsters come in and out off the bench wear Nova out in the second half. the "D" steps up and the Zags come out on top.
86-62 Zags!

raise the zag
12-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Play loose and enjoy the game - and Perkins said he'd stay out of the left corner - good as he hits threes from straight on. I think the youngsters come in and out off the bench wear Nova out in the second half. the "D" steps up and the Zags come out on top.
86-62 Zags!

If this is the final score, we're winning a Natty! :bishop_smiley:

Bocco
12-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Zags 82
Nova 76

77Zag
12-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Zags 87
Cats 79

Go Zags - Beat the Wildcats!!

irishzag_09
12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Zags do the unthinkable...while on plane ride to NYC, rewatch tape 3-point defense against Florida in 2nd half....players shake heads in disbelief, team then watches Florida State handle Florida in Gainesville...instantly realize how running teams off the 3-point line increases odds to win game, as Zags control boards and Norvell explodes for 30...Zags 72-Nova Nation 64.

bballbeachbum
12-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Zags do the unthinkable...while on plane ride to NYC, rewatch tape 3-point defense against Florida in 2nd half....players shake heads in disbelief, team then watches Florida State handle Florida in Gainesville...instantly realize how running teams off the 3-point line increases odds to win game, as Zags control boards and Norvell explodes for 30...Zags 72-Nova Nation 64.

:cheers:

Bogozags
12-05-2017, 01:59 PM
We have a pretty good team...maybe the best team west of the Mississippi, for sure west of the Rockies...I know of one team west of the Mississippi that would give us fits and that is TA&M but that can be discussed later...

The balance of the teams are on the east of the Mississippi...Villanova is one of those teams and an extremely talented and deep team it is...we are talented but young. I would love to see GU play outstanding defence above and below the arc and block out. We need to stay out of foul trouble, keeping them off the f/t line...play really smart and hope that Zach brings his "A" game on both ends of the court...

Villanova reminds me of Duke when it plays in MSG so I have Villanova 81 and GU 69 but would love for that score to be turned around...

rennis
12-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Heart says Zags, brain says 'Nova wins this one. Kispert injury sucks, and crowd should favor the Wildcats.

Hoping this doesn't happen:

Nova 83
Zags 77

Goshzagit
12-05-2017, 02:28 PM
If I was a member of the AP or Coaches Poll, 'Nova would be receiving my vote as #1.

Just as they are Ken Pom's #1. They are always such a balanced team, offensively and defensively. Losing Kispert really hurts our depth offensively.

I just feel our young guns are bit too green to pull this out, as we'll need all hands on deck. How will Rui, Norvell, et al respond with the lights on them. Haven't really truly played a road game this season.

The moment feels too big for this team. By season's end, different story.

Doens't feel right picking against the Zags, yet Nova by 9. 80-71.

Zags will get revenge in March on these guys.

Club Prez
12-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Zags 82 Nova 79