PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day, the best day of the week.

Reborn
12-01-2017, 04:50 AM
I love that feeling when I roll out of bed and remember just what today is. It's game day, and today we're playing Creighton in the Kennel. Good luck Creighton, hahahahaahaha The Kennel is one of the toughest places in America for a college men's basketball team to win. GU fans are going to be treated to a great game tonight, and you all deserve it. There aren't too many teams any more who will come here there and play us. I mean, really, how many teams ranked in the top 25 in the AP poll have come into the Kennel to battle the Zags. Our Zags are battle tested and ready. pk80 has given them the confidence, and me too, to know that they "can play with anyone" and beat them. Mark Few didn't go quite that far to say the last 3 words but I will. There was no need for him to say those three words because he's humble and a great public speaker. I'm a fan.

I'm remembering this morning something that Josh Perkins said sometime before the first game. The interviewer asked him if thought that the Zags could return to the Final Four this year, and Josh said yes. He said that the teams plan is to finish what they didn't finish last year. I think all of the players who were there last year feel the same way. This is the fire that gives this team the passion they will to do just that. I'm looking forward to seeing that passion tonight. Outside of the St Mary's game, this will be the best game in K2 this year. So let's go get it, Zags.

Go Zags, our battle cry.

DixieZag
12-01-2017, 05:07 AM
I love your enthusiasm Reborn.

I love that Creighton agreed to a home game, and, of course, the return game.

But, we've had quite a few good teams willing to come here lately, AZ, UCLA, and I love it when a team like Dayton comes. We don't need every game to be a grinder, ESPN special, but getting a RPI 75-125 to come in is great stuff. I suppose the UW actually counts as that, but they demanded a return game. So, Creighton is no mid-major, they're big time. But, I love games with tough mid-major conference games.

It is great to get HOME/HOME against an elite team.

Zaga
12-01-2017, 05:27 AM
It is great to get HOME/HOME against an elite team.

It has been a great ride as a Zag fan! Go Zags.........

bballbeachbum
12-01-2017, 06:36 AM
It has been a great ride as a Zag fan! Go Zags.........

yeah baby ain't it the truth

I love that feeling when I roll out of bed and remember just what today is. It's game day

Man I hear you Reborn, just adds a little something extra to my day

Zagger
12-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Chomp the Jays!

http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/ChompTheJays.png

Looking forward to this game! These Zags are as determined as any bunch before them. I feel their PK80 experiences: good, bad and ugly - have honed the team into a force that no team would like to meet in the Kennel! I hope Taco Bell can afford all the free tacos this season!