PDA

View Full Version : Question About Zags Basketball From A Creighton Fan

Omaha Bluejay
11-30-2017, 05:24 AM
So my brother lives in Seattle and has been trying to get tickets for the Zags- Jays game.

But he and I have both noticed the secondary market for Zags tickets (Stubhub, Craigslist, etc) is and has been drier then a popcorn fart for this game.

As we don't know much about the ticket climate in Spokane, what gives? Is this "the game" to attend, or are there rules about selling your season tickets?

Any help would be appreciated!

cjm720
11-30-2017, 05:40 AM
The Zags game is the hottest ticket in town. It’s a small arena-only 6,000 seats.

Best of luck!

gonzagafan62
11-30-2017, 05:49 AM
Yeah from what I've known it's been like this for what about 10 years, maybe more?

thebigsmoove
11-30-2017, 05:56 AM
It will be unlikely at best for you to procure tickets to this game unless you have an inside connection. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Omaha Bluejay
11-30-2017, 06:01 AM
No bubble to burst.

We've been on the secondary market sites for a while, and when there were tickets on available, they were running $300+ per ticket.

Although the match-up is appealing, especially since Creighton is finally getting these type of OOC match-ups since joining the Big East, it isn't $600 per pair appealing.

jazzdelmar
11-30-2017, 06:03 AM
Evidently, dressing up as a KC member would get you plenty of seats. :)

thebigsmoove
11-30-2017, 06:09 AM
No bubble to burst.

We've been on the secondary market sites for a while, and when there were tickets on available, they were running $300+ per ticket.

Although the match-up is appealing, especially since Creighton is finally getting these type of OOC match-ups since joining the Big East, it isn't $600 per pair appealing.

i understand. Would be too rich for my blood as well.

Bogozags
11-30-2017, 06:13 AM
Evidently, dressing up as a KC member would get you plenty of seats. :)

:000tens:

Zagdawg
11-30-2017, 06:25 AM
Attraction similar to St Marys/BYU/Senior night game so extra tickets will be a bit harder to come by compared to a middle of the road game.

TexasZagFan
11-30-2017, 07:02 AM
No bubble to burst.

Will tickets for next year's game in Omaha be as scarce?

Zagger
11-30-2017, 07:13 AM
Looks like everyone who can go is going to the Creighton game. There were no tickets available to ZAG members this week. That’s a first so far this season.
Only luck I’ve had in this case previously is to hang out at Jack & Dan’s and look ticket lonely. It’s fun watching a game there too. But, you’ll likely have to get there by noon-ish to be assured a place to hole up.
And, beware of print-at-home tickets for sale. There’s nothing stopping someone from printing dozens of the same ticket. I think this is rare but it has happened.

Omaha Bluejay
11-30-2017, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the advice...

Tickets for Big Omaha games are harder to come by, but can be had. The Centurylink Center holds 18,500 and sells out for big games, but there is healthy secondary market for them also.

For a comparison of availability and price, you can look at the Creighton- Nebraska game on Dec. 9th (saturday 1:30pm). Although NU is 50 miles from Omaha, with a solid fan base, you can see if you are willing to spend, you can pick your seat:

https://www.stubhub.com/creighton-bluejays-basketball-tickets-creighton-bluejays-basketball-omaha-centurylink-center-omaha-12-9-2017/event/103181315/?sort=price+asc

DixieZag
11-30-2017, 07:55 AM
Tickets are tough no matter what, and that's how they wanted it.

But this game is particularly tough because the home out of conference schedule is so weak this year, that this game clearly stands out as "the" home game that everyone wants.

It might've been easier in a year when we also had Arizona or UCLA or whatever.

Omaha Bluejay
11-30-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm sure friday night isn't helping either....

thespywhozaggedme
11-30-2017, 08:10 AM
No bubble to burst.

Simplest law of economics: supply and demand

thespywhozaggedme
11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the advice...

Tickets for Big Omaha games are harder to come by, but can be had. The Centurylink Center holds 18,500 and sells out for big games, but there is healthy secondary market for them also.

For a comparison of availability and price, you can look at the Creighton- Nebraska game on Dec. 9th (saturday 1:30pm). Although NU is 50 miles from Omaha, with a solid fan base, you can see if you are willing to spend, you can pick your seat:

https://www.stubhub.com/creighton-bluejays-basketball-tickets-creighton-bluejays-basketball-omaha-centurylink-center-omaha-12-9-2017/event/103181315/?sort=price+asc

Well there you go. We're a much bigger name brand but our arena only holds 1/3 of yours. Supply and Demand

MDABE80
11-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Bluejay............call the ticket office in Omaha. I got 4 beauties there from Bruce Rasmussen for friends coming coming from Omaha for the game. Lower bowl......really fine tickets. Maybe they can Fed-Ex them out. Good luck.

gu03alum
11-30-2017, 09:47 AM
I was looking at tickets for the Pacific game for when I come home for Christmas and saw someone wanted $650 a ticket for them on stubhub. Those were the only tickets I could even find listed for that game.

$650 a seat for Pacific

I think $300 a seat for Creighton is pretty good.

Markburn1
11-30-2017, 11:13 AM
I was looking at tickets for the Pacific game for when I come home for Christmas and saw someone wanted $650 a ticket for them on stubhub. Those were the only tickets I could even find listed for that game.

$650 a seat for Pacific

Well, it is Stockton. So getting held up there isn't out of the ordinary.

Go straight to Pacific website. They still have four game packages with good seats for Gonzaga, St.Mary's BYU and UNLV. Tickets range from $55 to $95 a seat....includes all four games.

Heck, you could fly round trip from Spokane and still save money.

sittingon50
11-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Game he is referring to is in Spokane, Mark.

gu03alum
11-30-2017, 11:54 AM
Game he is referring to is in Spokane, Mark.

Yes, sorry I didn’t make that clear

kitzbuel
11-30-2017, 12:03 PM

$650 a seat for Pacific

They are trying to get you to pay for their season tickets.

cjm720
11-30-2017, 02:22 PM
I paid $6 on stub hub for the Ohio State game....different game of course but wow

ZagsGoZags
11-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Omaha, while waiting for the ticket issue to settle out,
what is your view of the matchup Fri night?
what can you tell us about your team?

SWZag
12-01-2017, 05:59 AM
I did a quick look but came up empty. Anyone know the last game that wasn't a sell out?

KStyles
12-01-2017, 06:53 AM
I did a quick look but came up empty. Anyone know the last game that wasn't a sell out?

Possibly Arkansas-Pine Bluff on 11/29/01 (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/112901aaa.html)? I believe the Martin Centre capacity is 4,000.

According to the ESPN piece below, it was a game in 2003, but I can't find a Martin Centre game that's not at 4,000 that year. Perhaps they're including the 11/29/03 game vs. Georgia in the Spokane Arena (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/112903aaa.html)? The Spokane Arena site says the capacity for basketball is 11,736 (http://www.spokanearena.com/generalinfo.php). I don't want to count backwards 208 games starting before last season to verify.

Fun fact: Every game played in the McCarthey Center has been a sellout for the Bulldogs, who currently have sold out 208 consecutive home games dating to 2003.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17216799/west-coast-conference-venues-ranked-according-difficulty

WAJay
12-01-2017, 07:29 AM
Bluejay............call the ticket office in Omaha. I got 4 beauties there from Bruce Rasmussen for friends coming coming from Omaha for the game. Lower bowl......really fine tickets. Maybe they can Fed-Ex them out. Good luck.

HOW?!? I contacted the CU ticket office in Sept about getting tickets and they said they had none to offer. Unless you're a personal friend of Bruce, in which case you obviously got tickets. I even contacted the CU ticket office last night and they weren't able to offer much help.

Zagger
12-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Omaha, while waiting for the ticket issue to settle out,
what is your view of the matchup Fri night?
what can you tell us about your team?

Well, first off you gotta figure Few in the mix. Not only is this bunch of Zags a skilled and determined lot the coaching staff has a knack for getting the most out of what they've got. Then there's the Kennel (McCarthey Athletic Center where the game will be) with some rather rambunctiously rabid student fans who will be rather loud. Apart from the likely starting 5, who you already may know some things about, your team will have some problems with Norvell and Hachimura. We weren't all that sure how deep our bench was going to be this year until PK80. The newer faces on the team are learning Few's system at a decent pace. Another caution for opposing teams is that this Zag bunch can make 3s and are not afraid to shoot them ..... pretty much every one of them. To keep this short .... the Zags take defense seriously. Creighton's going to have to be pretty darn crafty to score well against our guys. Good Luck!

MDABE80
12-01-2017, 09:19 AM
HOW?!? I contacted the CU ticket office in Sept about getting tickets and they said they had none to offer. Unless you're a personal friend of Bruce, in which case you obviously got tickets. I even contacted the CU ticket office last night and they weren't able to offer much help.

Maybe they're lazy.......I got 4 with our AD calling Bruce and getting them from the Creighton allotment.. He called Bruce and the tickets appeared like magic.

TexasZagFan
12-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Maybe they're lazy.......I got 4 with our AD calling Bruce and getting them from the Creighton allotment.. He called Bruce and the tickets appeared like magic.

Good to know...I'd like to get tickets in the Zag section for next year's game in Omaha. ;)