The Zags' December W - L Record in December will be . . .?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

The Zags' December W - L Record in December will be . . .?

12/1 Creighton
    12/5 Villanova ( @ MSG )
    12/10 Washington
    12/16 North Dakota
    12/18 IUPUI
    12/21 @ San Diego State
    12/28 Pacific
    12/30 Santa Clara

Will they run the table ??
    8 - 0
    18.97%
    7 - 1
    67.24%
    6 - 2
    12.07%
    5 - 3
    0.00%
    4 - 4
    0.00%
    Tell me how Kispert is first. . .
    1.72%
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • GPGUgrad
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

How is Kispert?

My vote.

He is pretty important to our success.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GPGUgrad View Post
      How is Kispert?

My vote.

He is pretty important to our success.
      Honestly, I'd say 8-0 with Kispert.

6-2 without him.

So important to our fluid play, passing, depth, and toughness x-factor when needed.

He logged 3rd most mins for a reason.
      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2013

Kispert says he'll play Friday. I say 7-1 loss to Nova. Hope I'm wrong
        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• TravelinZag
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2012

Hope for 8-0. More than one loss means a scramble to make the dance with a great seed due to the damage the WCC will do to the Zag’s RPI/BPI. Conference teams collective record is abysmal often against weak competition.

Two more wins against ranked competition could make everything (except ankles) much, much better!

Go Zags!

Comment

• VinnyZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I could see the game at San Diego State being an issue. First true road game for a lotta those guys. I said 6-2 ... losses @SDSU and 'Nova.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by VinnyZag View Post
              I could see the game at San Diego State being an issue. First true road game for a lotta those guys. I said 6-2 ... losses @SDSU and 'Nova.
              True road games at Wash and SDSU, those games and 2 against ranked opponents make a 7-1 record in December extremely ambitious and something that i'd be elated to have.

Most years won't be like last year. We're going to drop the odd game (weird, sounding apologetic for saying that 2 losses going into conference would be wonderful). Beat Creighton, notching another solid win (like Texas) under our belt, and then play Villanova like we did Florida, punch and keep punching, and the FT maybe goes in this time.

But don't get tripped up on the road against capable teams in a tough atmosphere.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• 75Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

I have 'Nova penciled in as a loss. Lots of people here have been hyping Creighton but I can't tell whether they are doing that because they actually believe Creighton is a great team or because they think that hyping Creighton will make a GU win over Creighton "look better". I have not watched the Huskies play this year, but I don't assume GU is a 100% lock to win at U of W. If Creighton is as good as some here claim, I think I will go with 2 losses, figuring that Nova will be #1, and that either Creighton or the Dawgs or San Diego will be #2. Hope I am wrong and we get out of the month with only 1 loss, but you never know.

Go Bulldogs!
                Do not go gentle into that good night,
                Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TravelinZag View Post
                  Hope for 8-0. More than one loss means a scramble to make the dance with a great seed due to the damage the WCC will do to the Zag’s RPI/BPI. Conference teams collective record is abysmal often against weak competition.

Two more wins against ranked competition could make everything (except ankles) much, much better!

Go Zags!
                  Everyone hopes for 8-0. Making predictions is risky and depends to some degree on a person's basketball knowledge. That's why top scouts make a lot of money, and some people make money in vegas on their predictions.

Comment

• gonstu
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Want to say 8-0. But last year was not normal - that many wins.

I say 6-2. The panic at the end of Texas game and no PG depth.

Comment

• Zagger
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2008

Voted 8-0 ...... Betting Josh avends his MSG broken jaw with some jaw dropping 3s @ MSG against Villanova! Also think the Zags are going to have one heck of a good game against Creighton tonight in the Kennel. It's going to be a packed house with lots of students making NOISE! These Zags are as passionate as any Zags bunch yet and seem to relish stiff competition. Chances are, IMHO, that they'll not let another Florida type game slip away from them.

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

7-1. Loss to villanova

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

I think we will beat Univ of Washington
                          but
                          they are not the same team we saw the last two years on the court
                          Nowell is a helluva athlete,
                          Dickerson is stronger, quicker, and lost ten pounds, he's running the floor a lot better than before and is slippery in the paint.
                          He will probably collect fouls from Larson, Tillie and JW3
                          Thybull is averaging four steals per game,
                          it is going to be fun to watch.
                          This is not a 'let the players play' coaching style Romar instituted there,
                          it is a disciplined defense,
                          and I think they are going to be more competitive with us this year,
                          and more and more down the road.

Hopkins and Nowell are the real deal

Comment

Working...
                          X