PDA

View Full Version : More ESPN ineptitudeness

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 01:34 PM
14. Gonzaga Bulldogs
Record: 5-1
Last week: 20
Mark Few's team is better than we thought heading into the season. Josh Perkins and Johnathan Williams III are ready to take the next step as seniors, while Few's collection of intriguing young big men gives him multiple options on a given night. Their ability to handle pressure was less than impressive against Texas, though.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21580245/college-basketball-power-rankings-fall-arizona-wildcats

How quickly can you spot the error?

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 01:42 PM
perkins is a senior in normal college terms...for basketball he's a redshirt jr. but that's hardly a criminal offense...considering "ineptitudeness" isn't even a word. no fan of espn, but this is reaching...

GoZags
11-27-2017, 01:44 PM
perkins is a senior in normal college terms...for basketball he's a redshirt jr. but that's hardly a criminal offense...considering "ineptitudeness" isn't even a word. no fan of espn, but this is reaching...

Agree ..... this is the 4th year that Josh has played in games for Gonzaga and he will soon be a college graduate. Hardly “thread topic”worthy in my opinion.

Zag_Dad
11-27-2017, 01:46 PM
14. Gonzaga Bulldogs

Last week: 20
How quickly can you spot the error?

Weren’t we 17 last week? If this is the ineptitude you speak eat of .... meh

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 01:48 PM

A. Fact: Josh Perkins is a red shirt junior
B. Who said anything about "criminal offense"?
C. I know it's not a word

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Agree ..... this is the 4th year that Josh has played in games for Gonzaga and he will soon be a college graduate. Hardly “thread topic”worthy in my opinion.

And yet here you are posting in it trolling away. Any other poster posted this you'd either agree, or ignore it. You're such a hoot!

GoZags
11-27-2017, 01:53 PM
And yet here you are posting in it trolling away. Any other poster posted this you'd either agree, or ignore it. You're such a hoot!

I stand corrected

This topic WAS worthy of yet another “Hey .... look at me” thread.

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 01:56 PM
I stand corrected

This topic WAS worthy of yet another “Hey .... look at me” thread.

you're such a character, you.

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 02:00 PM
A. Fact: Josh Perkins is a red shirt junior
B. Who said anything about "criminal offense"?
C. I know it's not a word

only in the ncaa...in the real world he's a senior in college, but fine...
no one, but you seem to feel it was enough of an error to create a thread about it, so...
okay

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 02:09 PM
only in the ncaa...in the real world he's a senior in college, but fine...
no one, but you seem to feel it was enough of an error to create a thread about it, so...
okay

It was from an article on ESPN about our basketball team. Josh Perkins is a junior. You wanted to be condescending towards me, but I simply stated a fact. Not sure why you were so harsh.

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 02:35 PM
It was from an article on ESPN about our basketball team. Josh Perkins is a junior. You wanted to be condescending towards me, but I simply stated a fact. Not sure why you were so harsh.

don't know you...no condescension intended...jp is a senior at gonzaga (he is a redshirt jr. in terms of ncaa eligibility)...so even the premise of espn's error is questionable and hardly worth starting a thread over.

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 02:43 PM
don't know you...no condescension intended...jp is a senior at gonzaga (he is a redshirt jr. in terms of ncaa eligibility)...so even the premise of espn's error is questionable and hardly worth starting a thread over.

Again, it was from an ESPN writer, Jeff Borzello who writes on a sports site, talking about our specific players. He said that JWIII and Josh Perkins are seniors, again, obviously talking about their bball status, because, as you know, ESPN is a sports site. And if the thread wasn't worthy of your opinion, why did you post in it, other to be condescending (our relationship is irrelevant to your condescension)?

This is odd, ESPN, the site lists Josh as a junior:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3155941/josh-perkins