View Full Version : Zags at #15

bigblahla
11-27-2017, 09:16 AM
https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Zags move up on the AP poll.

Go !! Zags!!!

75Zag
11-27-2017, 09:27 AM
Polls are fascinating at this time of the year. If GU beats 'Nova I expect a major jump. If we lose to 'Nova, then I guess we have to hope that several teams ranked ahead of us also lose in the same week or we might drop a few spots. The mystery for me is how we map the course ahead from here until March 11.

Go Bulldogs!

Kiddwell
11-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Coaches Poll - #14

:]

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Zagdawg
11-27-2017, 09:33 AM
Creighton in at #25 AP and #23 Coaches

TexasZagFan
11-27-2017, 09:37 AM
14th in ESPN's Power Rankings, Arizona and SMC dropped out of top 25.

Reborn
11-27-2017, 10:10 AM
In my opinion, Gonzaga got ripped. Texas also got ripped. You'll never be able to convince me that USC is better than Gonzaga or even better than Texas. IMO Creighton is for real. I'm looking forward to playing them on Friday.

TexasZagFan
11-27-2017, 10:22 AM
In my opinion, Gonzaga got ripped. Texas also got ripped. You'll never be able to convince me that USC is better than Gonzaga or even better than Texas. IMO Creighton is for real. I'm looking forward to playing them on Friday.

Bamba's a beast. Texas is young, they'll toughen up (and smarten up) during the gauntlet known as the Big 12.

cjm720
11-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Cream will rise to the top. We are easily top 10 Good. I’m a bit surprised by only jumping 2 spots...

Goshzagit
11-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Creighton in at #25 AP and #23 Coaches

this is great news. Bigger than even moving up 2 spots ourselves, imo. I wonder if we would have jumped even more if the headline wouldn't have been, "Gonzaga gives up huge lead to Texas". Followed by the story once you click. Or if Florida woulda (and shoulda) beat Dukie.

HUGE opportunity to secure a "Top 25/ranked" win.

No matter what happens to Creighton, the committee and schedule will always see a #25 next to their name. As there is a section that reads, "ranked __ at the time".

tinfoilzag
11-27-2017, 11:52 AM
#15 is about right. Part of being a top-10 team is being able to close.

Kiddwell
11-27-2017, 11:52 AM
BYU was supposed to add extra oomph to the WCC. What the heck has happened in Provo? Unless they win every game from here to the Big Dance, they won't even sniff the Top 25. That shouldn't be.

:[

<They won't be beating us this year at our place.>

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 12:26 PM
#15 is about right. Part of being a top-10 team is being able to close.

agree about placement, but if top 10 is closer territory florida doesn't belong either...should have beaten duke.

tinfoilzag
11-27-2017, 03:03 PM
agree about placement, but if top 10 is closer territory florida doesn't belong either...should have beaten duke.

Florida didn't lose to Duke because of 24 turnovers or missing two opportunities with the gamed tied to win it.

I love this year's version of the Zags but they are young and need experience. I think GU will be top 10 caliber by March.

We look less like the team that beat WV and SC last year and more like the team that lost to Syracuse right now in terms of confidence when the pressure is on.

Goshzagit
11-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Nova up to #4.

Somehow Notre Dame jumped from 14 to 4 by beating Wichita St by 1pt.

USC was throttled by A&M and haven't beaten anyone, yet still ranked ahead of us? Criminal.

Some voters/pollsters still have the mindset we looked 'suspect' giving up a 21pt lead we earned in the first place, playing 3 games in 4 days vs legit Top-50 teams.

Almost punishing us in a way for playing Texas close. What about a 26 pt blow out of Ohio St? Goes unnoticed. Most of them probably didn't stay up and watch Duke struggle mightily vs Florida (save Bagley), they only see the end result.

While some teams have earned nothing or played no one, yet still floating above a team like GU.

I'm happy we moved up in the rankings, much deserved, yet was upset to see USC above us, or even Cincy, and Notre Dame vaulted 10 spots in the polls by playing no one and squeaking by Wich St?

Florida only moves 1 spots and behind Kentucky?

Kentucky has struggled in every game, barely beating Troy, Vermont, and Utah Valley, all by single digits.

C'mon now...

TexasZagFan
11-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Nova up to #4.

Somehow Notre Dame jumped from 14 to 4 by beating Wichita St by 1pt.

USC was throttled by A&M and haven't beaten anyone, yet still ranked ahead of us? Criminal.

Some voters/pollsters still have the mindset we looked 'suspect' giving up a 21pt lead we earned in the first place, playing 3 games in 4 days vs legit Top-50 teams.

Almost punishing us in a way for playing Texas close. What about a 26 pt blow out of Ohio St? Goes unnoticed. Most of them probably didn't stay up and watch Duke struggle mightily vs Florida (save Bagley), they only see the end result.

While some teams have earned nothing or played no one, yet still floating above a team like GU.

I'm happy we moved up in the rankings, much deserved, yet was upset to see USC above us, or even Cincy, and Notre Dame vaulted 10 spots in the polls by playing no one and squeaking by Wich St?

Florida only moves 1 spots and behind Kentucky?

Kentucky has struggled in every game, barely beating Troy, Vermont, and Utah Valley, all by single digits.

C'mon now...

Can't wait for the stories in February when Bagley and the other Burger Boys hit the "Freshman Wall." Few's done a good job so far with spreading the minutes around, with the possible exception of Josh.

Reborn
11-27-2017, 05:33 PM
the worst poll I've ever seen in the many many years I've looked at them. I'm concerned.

MileHigh
11-27-2017, 07:25 PM

USC is pretty good. Metu and Mclaughlin are both first team all-conf types and Boatright is a future pro as well.

Creighton can put up big numbers offensively, but really struggle defending, especially on the block. They push the pace and shoot a lot of 3's very similar to Florida. I can see both teams scoring over 80 pts on friday

Goshzagit
11-27-2017, 07:49 PM
USC is pretty good. Metu and Mclaughlin are both first team all-conf types and Boatright is a future pro as well.

Creighton can put up big numbers offensively, but really struggle defending, especially on the block. They push the pace and shoot a lot of 3's very similar to Florida. I can see both teams scoring over 80 pts on friday

Going to be a fun game.

Great prep for Villanova as well, just like Florida was...

Nova doesnt have the best frontcourt this season, but always terrific guards/scorers/shooters.

Same with Creighton, although they do feature one really good big (name escapes me).

Will be nice to see SiliconZag make a return to the board. Once a Zag, now a Bluejay.

Zaga
11-28-2017, 04:41 AM
Nova up to #4. Somehow Notre Dame jumped from 14 to 4 by beating Wichita St by 1pt. USC was throttled by A&M and haven't beaten anyone, yet still ranked ahead of us? Criminal.

+1

thespywhozaggedme
11-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Here are all of the teams ahead of us:

1 Duke (65) 8-0 1,625
2 Kansas 5-0 1,531
3 Michigan State 5-1 1,481
4 Villanova 6-0 1,435
5 Notre Dame 6-0 1,297
6 Florida 5-1 1,272
7 Kentucky 6-1 1,179
8 Wichita State 4-1 1,134
9 Texas A&M 6-0 1,130
10 Miami 5-0 1,001
11 Cincinnati 6-0 972
12 Minnesota 7-0 929
13 North Carolina 5-1 922
14 USC

There is no way whatsoever that those 14 teams are beter than us. Talent alone, we're top 5.